February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm

xylocarp wrote:Idea: one of us should make a waiters thread Friday night or before the LSAT Saturday morning so we're guaranteed to have a good OP who'll put up polls and stuff. I assume all of you will be active waiters thread posters :mrgreen: I nominate Miracle or zhenders if either of them want to!



+1

alecks wrote:The thought of a waiters thread is terrifying me. Also, are you guys taking the day before off? I just read an article that recommended two days off... but I have a PT planned for Tues/Thurs with Friday off. I don't think I could take Thursday off without multiplying my nerves x 1000



I dont agree with this, but JMO. It keeps my mind on track and I PT higher. I plan to PT 2 days before and review and drill Friday.

Look at your progress on PTs. If you do better with time in between studying then take 2 days off.
Last edited by Nicolena. on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:54 pm

xylocarp wrote:Idea: one of us should make a waiters thread Friday night or before the LSAT Saturday morning so we're guaranteed to have a good OP who'll put up polls and stuff. I assume all of you will be active waiters thread posters :mrgreen: I nominate Miracle or zhenders if either of them want to!


Zhenders will love to!!! :)

As soon as he catches his breath due to a long flight from Mexico :)

Sounds great?

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Miracle wrote:
pech71 wrote:I am probably withdrawing from the test since I received an acceptance email from the school I applied to. Such a stress relief to not have to take this damn test again.


Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing what school you were accepted to? :)


I second that congrats thats truly my dream to get into my top choice without having to retake. Couldn't be happier for you go celebrate :D

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:15 pm

PT 47 game 2

Can someone please help me understand what the last rule means. I assumed I had it as it turn out I didn't. Now, I think I get it but would love second analysis.

Thank you all in advance.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:30 pm

Miracle wrote:PT 47 game 2

Can someone please help me understand what the last rule means. I assumed I had it as it turn out I didn't. Now, I think I get it but would love second analysis.

Thank you all in advance.

I don't think I have this PT (is it not in a book?) but have you watched the 7sage video?

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:35 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:PT 47 game 2

Can someone please help me understand what the last rule means. I assumed I had it as it turn out I didn't. Now, I think I get it but would love second analysis.

Thank you all in advance.

I don't think I have this PT (is it not in a book?) but have you watched the 7sage video?


Yeah..I kind of dont get what he is saying lol he is trying to explain it since its a tough rule but I'm not seeing it.

I appreciate your effort

Zhenders, will be back soon. I'm sure he will be able to shed a light on it.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:44 pm

Im going to use 70 and take it untimed just to get it perfect tonight. Then I will PT 71 on Wednesday and review and lightly drill on Thursday. That, my friends, will be the end of LSAT for me.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:47 pm

90convoy wrote:Im going to use 70 and take it untimed just to get it perfect tonight. Then I will PT 71 on Wednesday and review and lightly drill on Thursday. That, my friends, will be the end of LSAT for me.


Good for you!! Let us know how you do. :)

I will be taking at least one PT each day before the test, and drill logic games of course. I've been watching 7sage videos the whole day. :))

10052014
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

.

Postby 10052014 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:06 pm

.
Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:19 pm

Miracle wrote:PT 47 game 2

Can someone please help me understand what the last rule means. I assumed I had it as it turn out I didn't. Now, I think I get it but would love second analysis.

Thank you all in advance.



I believe this rule is referring to the definition of circuit load in the stimulus (which states that a circuit load of the panel is the total number of panel is the total number of its switches that are on).

So keep in mind CL = TOTAL switches on. Then the rule says the switch whose number corresponds to the circuit load of the panel itself (which means that the TOTAL switches on means that that number must also be on. 2 switches on = 2 will be on

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
alecks wrote:The thought of a waiters thread is terrifying me. Also, are you guys taking the day before off? I just read an article that recommended two days off... but I have a PT planned for Tues/Thurs with Friday off. I don't think I could take Thursday off without multiplying my nerves x 1000



I dont agree with this, but JMO. It keeps my mind on track and I PT higher. I plan to PT 2 days before and review and drill Friday.

Look at your progress on PTs. If you do better with time in between studying then take 2 days off.


I agree with making a decision based on your PT history. I tend to perform my best after days on which I drill, but don't PT, so I plan to PT on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and lightly drill LGs on Friday. I also find that I am slow to warm up on PTs, especially early morning ones, so I plan to do a few LGs on game day.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Just PT'd for the first time since my diagnostic. Upped it almost 20 points.

If I can really grasp LR by Saturday, I can hit 170. Definitely 160.

I am close, I can almost taste it.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:17 pm

my schedule is:

Today:
LG 59 60 61
RC 56
LR 56 section 2

Tuesday:
PT 70 (review)
LG afternoon
RC 58

Wednesday
8a -12p - Games
1 -3 - RC
4-6 - LR
Rest of the night games

Thursday:
PT 71
RC - 1 section
Games afternoon

Friday:
1 RC section
1 LR section
Games afternoon (Drilling for oil)

Taking it pretty easy except Wednesday

I'm not drilling all those hours Wednesday just saving each time slot for each section
Going to do a lot of LR review

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Just PT'd for the first time since my diagnostic. Upped it almost 20 points.

If I can really grasp LR by Saturday, I can hit 170. Definitely 160.

I am close, I can almost taste it.


Nice work! In what section did you have your biggest gains?

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:59 pm

random number wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Just PT'd for the first time since my diagnostic. Upped it almost 20 points.

If I can really grasp LR by Saturday, I can hit 170. Definitely 160.

I am close, I can almost taste it.


Nice work! In what section did you have your biggest gains?



Almost 20 points -- YEESSSSSSSSS!!!! And this is your first PT since diagnostic? WORD! You are gonna KILL this test.


Miracle, I think Nicolena explained that game rule well -- I'm going off of memory of that game (it's been a month or so) but it sounds right. When I have a free moment I'll check it and post it. I'm finishing packing -- not much time unfortunately for anything but a quick forum scan and post!

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:26 pm

random number wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Just PT'd for the first time since my diagnostic. Upped it almost 20 points.

If I can really grasp LR by Saturday, I can hit 170. Definitely 160.

I am close, I can almost taste it.


Nice work! In what section did you have your biggest gains?


RC.

I need to really learn to be mentally tough. The first section of PT60 was experimental logic games. The first one went by easy, second one was hard and then i mentally psyched myself out.

Didnt recover till after my break.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:35 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
RC.

I need to really learn to be mentally tough. The first section of PT60 was experimental logic games. The first one went by easy, second one was hard and then i mentally psyched myself out.

Didnt recover till after my break.


That's fantastic (RE: reading comp). Being able to improve that much on what is often considered to be the hardest section is a real achievement!

How many more PTs do you plan on doing? I would suggest doing at least one or two in order to put the memory of psyching yourself out behind you.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:40 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Just PT'd for the first time since my diagnostic. Upped it almost 20 points.

If I can really grasp LR by Saturday, I can hit 170. Definitely 160.

I am close, I can almost taste it.

Congrats! That must have been such a good feeling seeing that huge jump :D

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 pm

Feeling really disheartened by a bad LG section :/ Ran out of time, missed two on the game that gave me trouble and missed another because I was rushing.

PT 70

LR1 -1
RC -0
LG -3
LR2 -2

Raw score 95/101
Scaled 175

My only strategy at this point is to hope really hard for an easy LG on Saturday.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 pm

xylocarp wrote:Feeling really disheartened by a bad LG section :/ Ran out of time, missed two on the game that gave me trouble and missed another because I was rushing.

PT 70

LR1 -1
RC -0
LG -3
LR2 -2

Raw score 95/101
Scaled 175

My only strategy at this point is to hope really hard for an easy LG on Saturday.


This times a billion.

But seriously, congrats on a fantastic PT!

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 pm

xylocarp wrote:Feeling really disheartened by a bad LG section :/ Ran out of time, missed two on the game that gave me trouble and missed another because I was rushing.

PT 70

LR1 -1
RC -0
LG -3
LR2 -2

Raw score 95/101
Scaled 175

My only strategy at this point is to hope really hard for an easy LG on Saturday.


Still, thats an awesome score!

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:Feeling really disheartened by a bad LG section :/ Ran out of time, missed two on the game that gave me trouble and missed another because I was rushing.

PT 70

LR1 -1
RC -0
LG -3
LR2 -2

Raw score 95/101
Scaled 175

My only strategy at this point is to hope really hard for an easy LG on Saturday.



Still, thats an awesome score!



Seriously :) this is still totally killer. -0 on RC, too! You've been NAILING RC lately.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:53 pm

Thanks guys, I am definitely excited to have pulled off a 175 despite the -3 on LG!

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 pm

zhenders wrote:
Seriously :) this is still totally killer. -0 on RC, too! You've been NAILING RC lately.


Hey, welcome back! How was your flight?

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Oh, I wish it were over :-P I've finished packing, and I'm about to shower before heading to the bus station:

Bus: 12:00 - 2:30
Arrive at airport in Mexico City at 2:30/2:45
Flight: 6:15 AM
Arrive in Dallas at 8:30
Flight: 9:45
Arrive in Little Rock, AR at 11:45
Then another couple hours to my final destination via car :-P

It's going to be a long two days.

Edit: yeah, I can see how I made it seem like I was running out the door earlier :-P goodbyes to make, things to sort out and all of that :-P bank trips, last-minute visits :-)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, SunDevil14, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests