February 2014 LSAT Study Group

xylocarp

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 pm

random number wrote:Is anyone else now trying to take PTs around the actual test time? I did this morning, but probably won't be able to for the rest of the week due to classes. Hopefully this won't matter too much.

I did this once, at my test center in a classroom. It didn't really make a difference for me (I scored about at my average) and I consider myself very much NOT a morning person. I think my usually morning slugishness was negated by the excitement of being in the test center. And I'm sure that effect will duplicate tenfold on Saturday.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 pm

Does anyone else dislike science comparative reading passage? That is my nightmare.

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:27 pm

xylocarp wrote:
random number wrote:Is anyone else now trying to take PTs around the actual test time? I did this morning, but probably won't be able to for the rest of the week due to classes. Hopefully this won't matter too much.

I did this once, at my test center in a classroom. It didn't really make a difference for me (I scored about at my average) and I consider myself very much NOT a morning person. I think my usually morning slugishness was negated by the excitement of being in the test center. And I'm sure that effect will duplicate tenfold on Saturday.

Haha, I'm think that test day excitement/nerves will be sufficient to keep me focused too.

eddiemen2a

Postby eddiemen2a » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm

So last week i ordered PT70 From LSAC but it's set to come in this Friday--- Yikes. I looked for an expedite shipping option before ordering but no luck. Can anyone direct me to a page I could buy a digital copy of PT70? PM me if needed.
Last edited by eddiemen2a on Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:29 pm

I'm excited for ALL of us :) we all have different targets, and it seems like every one of us is getting close to hitting them consistently!

Test day's a whole new game -- who knows what'll happen? Regardless, I have big expectations for many of you, and I'm equally excited to share in our mutual victory :)

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:29 pm

eddiemen2a wrote:So last week i ordered PT70 From LSAC but it's set to come in this Friday--- Yikes. I looked for an expedite shipping option before ordering but no luck. Can anyone direct me to a page I could buy a digital copy of PT70? PM me if needed. I apologize if what I'm doing is against the rules (asking for links to print PTs) and if it is-- I will surely delete my post. Thanks

change to the above and you're set :)

eddiemen2a

Postby eddiemen2a » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:32 pm

zhenders wrote:
eddiemen2a wrote:So last week i ordered PT70 From LSAC but it's set to come in this Friday--- Yikes. I looked for an expedite shipping option before ordering but no luck. Can anyone direct me to a page I could buy a digital copy of PT70? PM me if needed. I apologize if what I'm doing is against the rules (asking for links to print PTs) and if it is-- I will surely delete my post. Thanks

change to the above and you're set :)

Edited it! Thank you zhenders.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:34 pm

Miracle wrote:Does anyone else dislike science comparative reading passage? That is my nightmare.

I actually really like those passages. I think they're really interesting.

Edit: I've been really unproductive today. :?

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:Does anyone else dislike science comparative reading passage? That is my nightmare.

I actually really like those passages. I think they're really interesting.

Edit: I've been really unproductive today. :?

Lol...I don't.

Get back to work. :))

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:14 pm

alecks wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:today is a slow day felt like I was forcing through it this morning and decided to save my studying for the afternoon.

btw anyone else in here already apply this cycle and are using the feb lsat to help their chances/ get more scholarship $$?

me... sort of. I have a crap LSAT score from 2011 but I asked them not to consider that score to consider the AWESOME one I'm gonna get on Saturday~

I like the way your thinking :D

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:24 pm

Officially hit my target score for the first time in my 2 years of studying.

I think I can possibly see some sort of light at the end of the dark, desolate tunnel.

I have a review scheduled for tonight. I need to pick up a fresh pack of black Ticonderogas before game day.

Also:

NOT TO BE MISS LG SECTIONS from PT50 onward - what should I drill? The voicemail/web game kind of got to me today on 68.
Last edited by cloy26 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:27 pm

cloy26 wrote:Officially hit my target score for the first time in my 2 years of studying.

I think I can possibly see some sort of light at the end of the dark, desolate tunnel.

I have a review scheduled for tonight. I need to pick up a fresh pack of black Ticonderogas before game day.

Congratulations!! That is really, really awesome

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:41 pm

cloy26 wrote:Officially hit my target score for the first time in my 2 years of studying.

Also:

NOT TO BE MISS LG SECTIONS from PT50 onward - what should I drill? The voicemail/web game kind of got to me today on 68.

Congrats! You should be especially encouraged that you hit your target on a really recent test!

I can only speak to the 50s, but 53 game 3 was a bit tricky, and 57 has the infamous dinosaur game.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:46 pm

random number wrote:

Also:

Congrats! You should be especially encouraged that you hit your target on a really recent test!

I can only speak to the 50s, but 53 game 3 was a bit tricky, and 57 has the infamous dinosaur game.

I'm doing Pt57 tonight ...I want to try this dinosaur game that everyone is talking about.

cloy26

Postby cloy26 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Miracle wrote:
random number wrote:

Also:

I'm doing Pt57 tonight ...I want to try this dinosaur game that everyone is talking about.

It's not nearly as bad as the horror stories lead one to believe. I finally came across it in a PT and was so intimidated, but for no reason.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:53 pm

cloy26 wrote:
Miracle wrote:
random number wrote:

Also:

It's not nearly as bad as the horror stories lead one to believe. I finally came across it in a PT and was so intimidated, but for no reason.

I think key is not to allow yourself to be intimated by others.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:02 pm

cloy26 wrote:
Miracle wrote:

Personally I found it to be the hardest LG section I've ever taken (-6). But I also suck at LG just in general.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:04 pm

xylocarp wrote:
cloy26 wrote:
Miracle wrote:

Personally I found it to be the hardest LG section I've ever taken (-6). But I also suck at LG just in general.

The whole section or just that one game?

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:07 pm

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
cloy26 wrote:
Miracle wrote:

The whole section or just that one game?

It messed up my timing for game 4, but I don't think I found any of the other games to be objectively difficult IIRC

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Also:

Congrats!

That game is time consuming but it's easier if you diagram instead of brute force. I feel like the first two games were a 100xs easier than the last two. Spent 10 minutes on first two games and 20 on last two. I couldn't believe it.
Last edited by Nicolena. on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pech71

Postby pech71 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:07 pm

I am probably withdrawing from the test since I received an acceptance email from the school I applied to. Such a stress relief to not have to take this damn test again.

random number

Postby random number » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:13 pm

pech71 wrote:I am probably withdrawing from the test since I received an acceptance email from the school I applied to. Such a stress relief to not have to take this damn test again.

First, huge congrats on the acceptance! That's great news!

Why not just take the test, considering that you have already paid for it? Also, many people have successfully used better scores to negotiate for scholarships post-acceptance, so I really think that taking it (especially after putting in so much time) is to your benefit.

I have also heard that taking the LSAT without the pressure of needing it for admissions can result in better scores.

Obviously, if there is any indication that a worse score could jeopardize your acceptance, absolutely withdraw.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:35 pm

pech71 wrote:I am probably withdrawing from the test since I received an acceptance email from the school I applied to. Such a stress relief to not have to take this damn test again.

Congratulations!!! Do you mind sharing what school you were accepted to? :)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Idea: one of us should make a waiters thread Friday night or before the LSAT Saturday morning so we're guaranteed to have a good OP who'll put up polls and stuff. I assume all of you will be active waiters thread posters :mrgreen: I nominate Miracle or zhenders if either of them want to!

alecks

Postby alecks » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:49 pm

The thought of a waiters thread is terrifying me. Also, are you guys taking the day before off? I just read an article that recommended two days off... but I have a PT planned for Tues/Thurs with Friday off. I don't think I could take Thursday off without multiplying my nerves x 1000

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”