February 2014 LSAT Study Group

zhenders

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:29 pm

123, you are an inspiration friend :) keep it up. When you get your 170+ this next June, send me a PM so I can celebrate for you; your dedication and the gains you've made already are nothing short of awesome.

alecks

Postby alecks » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:01 pm

I'm so nervous for Saturday. It's also making me more scared how scared I am... If that makes sense.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:04 pm

I have a headache :shock:

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:07 pm

alecks wrote:I'm so nervous for Saturday. It's also making me more scared how scared I am... If that makes sense.

I completely understand - it is really easy to start worrying at this time. Just keep reminding yourself that your really can't change anything now - the work is already done - and I'm sure you'll do great!

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 pm

random number wrote:
alecks wrote:I'm so nervous for Saturday. It's also making me more scared how scared I am... If that makes sense.

I completely understand - it is really easy to start worrying at this time. Just keep reminding yourself that your really can't change anything now - the work is already done - and I'm sure you'll do great!

What work? I still have work to do lol still have drilling to do and PT's to take.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:20 pm

zhenders wrote:123, you are an inspiration friend :) keep it up. When you get your 170+ this next June, send me a PM so I can celebrate for you; your dedication and the gains you've made already are nothing short of awesome.

Hey man! Thank you! I'm half way there. Thank you for the support. We will have a beer or five over the summer!

Xylocarp... Thank you as well!

Good luck to everyone again. You are all very smart and going to score real high judging from your posts.

random number

Postby random number » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Miracle wrote:
random number wrote:

What work? I still have work to do lol still have drilling to do and PT's to take.

Haha, I suppose so - I was just referring to the weeks and months of previous study that everyone here has done - obviously the last week is important too :)

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:33 am

+1

Also feeling nervous that it's going to get moved due to weather again. Supposed to get ice on Friday and for some reason they close everything here when that happens.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:42 am

Totally get the self perpetuating cycle of anxiety. But we're all gonna sit down for that test and forget it all... I hope

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:48 am

5 days

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:34 am

How many hrs should we be getting before the day of the test? I can function well on 5-6 but I know I should get more than that.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:45 am

Get whatever you function best with. An extra 2 hours' sleep the night before is worth 20 hours study the day before, imo :)

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:50 am

BankruptMe wrote:5 days

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:15 am

Aw man, Now I am starting to feel the pressure.

I feel like every school that gave me a fee waiver is believing in me. I am a potentially high value applicant, and I feel (which may not be the case) that every school that gave me a fee waiver did so because I would be a quality addition to their institution.

I cant let them down. I cant let me down. I have to produce.

Oh boy, it is here.....the pressure. Cue the David Bowie

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:02 am

BankruptMe wrote:Aw man, Now I am starting to feel the pressure.

I feel like every school that gave me a fee waiver is believing in me. I am a potentially high value applicant, and I feel (which may not be the case) that every school that gave me a fee waiver did so because I would be a quality addition to their institution.

I cant let them down. I cant let me down. I have to produce.

Oh boy, it is here.....the pressure. Cue the David Bowie

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=psYQMY69gL ... sYQMY69gLo

But seriously: everyone, do your best to stay relaxed; zen this test out as best you can. The stress won't help :) stay loose, and treat PT 71.5 as no more and no less than PT 71.5 if you can. Brain hacking ftw -- for serious.

alecks

Postby alecks » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am

I'm sitting in Starbucks before work reviewing right now and I cannot think of what my life was like before the LSAT. I'm kind of sad. Last monday doing this :twisted:

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:07 am

PT67 after 3 days off. *gulp*.

That gulp wasn't the gulp of nervousness though. Oh, no. It was the gulp of IMPENDING VICTORY. That's right folks, I was tasting victory before attaining it for ADDITIONAL MOTIVATION.

and plus because I'm nervous.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:08 am

alecks wrote:I'm sitting in Starbucks before work reviewing right now and I cannot think of what my life was like before the LSAT. I'm kind of sad. Last monday doing this :twisted:

Hopefully, you will not need another monday ever again.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:09 am

So I'm considering drilling those infamous mid to late 60s LG sections that a lot of you have been discussing, since LG is still the most worrisome thing for me and I'd like to drill some tougher full sections. At the same time, I wonder how much value I'll really be able to get out of them, and I also would like to hold onto some fresh PTs in case I have to retake.

What do you guys think, is it worth it?

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:10 am

xylocarp wrote:So I'm considering drilling those infamous mid to late 60s LG sections that a lot of you have been discussing, since LG is still the most worrisome thing for me and I'd like to drill some tougher full sections. At the same time, I wonder how much value I'll really be able to get out of them, and I also would like to hold onto some fresh PTs in case I have to retake.

why wouldn't it be valuable?
Last edited by Miracle on Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

JustHawkin

Postby JustHawkin » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:11 am

alecks wrote:I'm sitting in Starbucks before work reviewing right now and I cannot think of what my life was like before the LSAT. I'm kind of sad. Last monday doing this :twisted:

Good luck this weekend February Takers and Retakers! 170+ wishes for all of you!

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:30 am

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:So I'm considering drilling those infamous mid to late 60s LG sections that a lot of you have been discussing, since LG is still the most worrisome thing for me and I'd like to drill some tougher full sections. At the same time, I wonder how much value I'll really be able to get out of them, and I also would like to hold onto some fresh PTs in case I have to retake.

I just don't know if drilling one or two or three sections will really make a difference if we get a tough LG section on Saturday (my biggest fear). Even if I drill tough sections a few times, Saturday might be tough in a different way that those drills don't prepare me for. You know?

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:36 am

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:

I just don't know if drilling one or two or three sections will really make a difference if we get a tough LG section on Saturday (my biggest fear). Even if I drill tough sections a few times, Saturday might be tough in a different way that those drills don't prepare me for. You know?

And this is why the LSAT is the way it is. It is a test of ability. If it will help you become more capable, i say do it.

I am going to review every LR question I have done on Friday. It is half of the test and if I can bang those out and get a decent RC score, I know I can break 160.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am

BankruptMe wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:

And this is why the LSAT is the way it is. It is a test of ability. If it will help you become more capable, i say do it.

I am going to review every LR question I have done on Friday. It is half of the test and if I can bang those out and get a decent RC score, I know I can break 160.

I agree. All-in for this test; worry about a retake if and when you need to -- if the whole reason you end up needing to retake is because of LG, you'll regret not working through them :)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am

zhenders wrote:I agree. All-in for this test; worry about a retake if and when you need to -- if the whole reason you end up needing to retake is because of LG, you'll regret not working through them :)

Too true!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”