February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:37 am

It is time.

6 days.

i have cut myself off from civilization, except TLS. It is me and the test for the next 6 days.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 am

BankruptMe wrote:It is time.

6 days.

i have cut myself off from civilization, except TLS. It is me and the test for the next 6 days.

No Super Bowl?

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:38 am

xylocarp wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:It is time.

6 days.

i have cut myself off from civilization, except TLS. It is me and the test for the next 6 days.

No Super Bowl?


Lol notice i said civilization. I am going to do school work during the game. Can't really study LSAT with distraction. Atleast major distraction.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:45 am

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:Could anyone tell me what conditional games are known as across the LSAT studying universe? I'm looking through the Cambridge packets and don't see anything that looks right.


http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/lo ... g.html?m=1

I think they're in out games mostly. Check out the games on this list
http://7sage.com/lsat-logic-games-sorted-inout-games/

I'm sure there are many. I'll have to look for some though.

The bus seat game pt 36 is conditional. It's super hard though. Leave it for last after you do a few others.

Make sure you review these terms

Any, unless, without, only if, and then if and only if, I have a whole conditional sheet. I'll email it to you.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:14 pm

lol so how into foot all I am:

I discovered that the Super Bowl was today because yesterday all of my friends here in Mexico were all, "so are we gonna even SEE you tomorrow?"

"Uhhh, probably... Why?"

"What about the Super Bowl?
"What about it?"

"It's tomorrow! You're not watching it?"

"Oh! Ummm... Nope, I guess not!"

"But it's your culture, ouay!"

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:39 pm

zhenders wrote:lol so how into foot all I am:

I discovered that the Super Bowl was today because yesterday all of my friends here in Mexico were all, "so are we gonna even SEE you tomorrow?"

"Uhhh, probably... Why?"

"What about the Super Bowl?
"What about it?"

"It's tomorrow! You're not watching it?"

"Oh! Ummm... Nope, I guess not!"

"But it's your culture, ouay!"


I'm taking a PT! :)

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:43 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:lol so how into foot all I am:

I discovered that the Super Bowl was today because yesterday all of my friends here in Mexico were all, "so are we gonna even SEE you tomorrow?"

"Uhhh, probably... Why?"

"What about the Super Bowl?
"What about it?"

"It's tomorrow! You're not watching it?"

"Oh! Ummm... Nope, I guess not!"

"But it's your culture, ouay!"


I'm taking a PT! :)

Same. No fun ever!

Also, I'm thinking about test day warm-ups (thanks to BGF) and am thinking maybe I'll include a really interesting RC passage that I've never read before? Anyone have any favorites from pre-50 PTs?

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Drilling games 52-61 today, then watching the Superbowl tonight!

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:12 pm

These new tests are killing me! My 5 test average was 168...my last two tests have been 162. Im gong -6 in LG which I NEVER do. Ugh

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:24 pm

90convoy wrote:These new tests are killing me! My 5 test average was 168...my last two tests have been 162. Im gong -6 in LG which I NEVER do. Ugh


Like literally, same. I did -7 on the logic games from 70 yesterday. I didn't review but just added it as the experimental from the PT I'm taking now and did -0, which I never do. Soooooo idk what that means but I wouldn't have gotten that 163 yesterday that way...

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:26 pm

alecks wrote:
90convoy wrote:These new tests are killing me! My 5 test average was 168...my last two tests have been 162. Im gong -6 in LG which I NEVER do. Ugh


Like literally, same. I did -7 on the logic games from 70 yesterday. I didn't review but just added it as the experimental from the PT I'm taking now and did -0, which I never do. Soooooo idk what that means but I wouldn't have gotten that 163 yesterday that way...


Aren't the games on recent tests easier?

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Miracle wrote:
alecks wrote:
90convoy wrote:These new tests are killing me! My 5 test average was 168...my last two tests have been 162. Im gong -6 in LG which I NEVER do. Ugh


Like literally, same. I did -7 on the logic games from 70 yesterday. I didn't review but just added it as the experimental from the PT I'm taking now and did -0, which I never do. Soooooo idk what that means but I wouldn't have gotten that 163 yesterday that way...


Aren't the games on recent tests easier?


I'd have to disagree working my way through the 50s and low 60s I find much easier then the high 60s. Could just be me.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:21 pm

alecks wrote:
90convoy wrote:These new tests are killing me! My 5 test average was 168...my last two tests have been 162. Im gong -6 in LG which I NEVER do. Ugh


Like literally, same. I did -7 on the logic games from 70 yesterday. I didn't review but just added it as the experimental from the PT I'm taking now and did -0, which I never do. Soooooo idk what that means but I wouldn't have gotten that 163 yesterday that way...


Why do you think they are harder? Was your mistake the setup or just unfamiliarity?

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Scores drop w burn out . That could be the problem

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Trying to take a PT at Barnes and noble right now...it's not working out that great. Too noisy. Don't these people have Super Bowl to watch?

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 743
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:25 pm

Miracle wrote:Trying to take a PT at Barnes and noble right now...it's not working out that great. Too noisy. Don't these people have Super Bowl to watch?


Lol people who hang out in bookstores aren't usually football people ;-)

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:31 pm

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:Trying to take a PT at Barnes and noble right now...it's not working out that great. Too noisy. Don't these people have Super Bowl to watch?


Lol people who hang out in bookstores aren't usually football people ;-)


Lol if you are implying that they don't like sports, or prefer not to watch sports I'm a sports fanatic...and hang out at the bookstores lol although this might be too small of a sample to weaken your argument I'm just trying to point out that people like that still exist... (I know you never said that they don't..you were talking about majority), I was just hoping -having this crazy fantasy that for one day all of the people would be sitting at home watching Super Bowl so that I can take my PT without any distractions. :P

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:42 pm

Ok, took PT 54 (retake, but from a long while ago) and got a 168.

I did 6 sections, did RC from PT 54 and got a -11 (OMG) and the LG from yesterday's PT 70 disaster and did -0. I'm happy with the 168 but am still kind of nervous. Definitely going to review today and spend a lot of today working on RC, considering I basically never study it.

Ugh, this hasn't really eased my anxiety going into next week.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:49 pm

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:Trying to take a PT at Barnes and noble right now...it's not working out that great. Too noisy. Don't these people have Super Bowl to watch?


Lol people who hang out in bookstores aren't usually football people ;-)


Lol if you are implying that they don't like sports, or prefer not to watch sports I'm a sports fanatic...and hang out at the bookstores lol although this might be too small of a sample to weaken your argument I'm just trying to point out that people like that still exist... (I know you never said that they don't..you were talking about majority), I was just hoping -having this crazy fantasy that for one day all of the people would be sitting at home watching Super Bowl so that I can take my PT without any distractions. :P

Miracle you are really in LSAT mode!

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:52 pm

just encountered this zones/subzones game :x

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:01 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:Trying to take a PT at Barnes and noble right now...it's not working out that great. Too noisy. Don't these people have Super Bowl to watch?


Lol people who hang out in bookstores aren't usually football people ;-)


Lol if you are implying that they don't like sports, or prefer not to watch sports I'm a sports fanatic...and hang out at the bookstores lol although this might be too small of a sample to weaken your argument I'm just trying to point out that people like that still exist... (I know you never said that they don't..you were talking about majority), I was just hoping -having this crazy fantasy that for one day all of the people would be sitting at home watching Super Bowl so that I can take my PT without any distractions. :P

Miracle you are really in LSAT mode!


Haha see im practicing my weaken flaw concepts lol even when I'm just carrying a conversation. Im dedicated Lol

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby unodostres » Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:34 pm

hey friends.

my score isn't quite there, and I'm not ready. im in june. good luck to all you!!!!

10052014
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

.

Postby 10052014 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:27 pm

.
Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:50 pm

This game is over. Back to studying

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:26 pm

unodostres wrote:hey friends.

my score isn't quite there, and I'm not ready. im in june. good luck to all you!!!!

Sorry about that unodostres. Best of luck in June!!
Last edited by xylocarp on Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests