February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:58 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:
90convoy wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Just got my photo taken.


Just got real


Damn I need to do that. Where did you do it at?


Went to this copy place. 5 dollars. Looks good and clear.

I'm going to buy my pencils today too.


What pencils are you buying ?

Ah, the ultimate question.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:01 pm

Nicolena. wrote:What pencils are you buying ?


That, my friend, is a dangerous question...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=206480

:D

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:11 pm

No one sells regular #2 pencils anymore.

I had to actually go to an art store to find some. Got pencils, a sharpener and an eraser.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:12 pm

BankruptMe wrote:No one sells regular #2 pencils anymore.

I had to actually go to an art store to find some. Got pencils, a sharpener and an eraser.

I got a box of pencils and a crappy sharpener from the grocery store a couple of months ago, and they've been fine so far. Wondering if I should upgrade though.

ETA: 400 posts!

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:25 pm

Jeez. 43 pages on what kind of pencil. wow

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:33 pm

Guys,

i just had a really bad test anxiety-freaked out and had to stop PT54.

I graded what i did and got 18/18 (i stopped and moved on to LR), correct on reading comprehension, 6/6 on logical reasoning…then i stopped. Everything looked like a blur to me. I didn't recognize any correct answers. Everything was "between the last two answers", nothing was guaranteed even though i managed to get them all correct once i checked.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:34 pm

The LSAT has offically become like an attention focused girlfriend you hang out w 24/7 and all you want to do is break up w her, or go out and cheat on her with something else

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:39 pm

Miracle wrote:Guys,

i just had a really bad test anxiety-freaked out and had to stop PT54.

I graded what i did and got 18/18 (i stopped and moved on to LR), correct on reading comprehension, 6/6 on logical reasoning…then i stopped. Everything looked like a blur to me. I didn't recognize any correct answers. Everything was "between the last two answers", nothing was guaranteed even though i managed to get them all correct once i checked.

Better that that happens now and you learn how to deal with it, as opposed to it happening on test day for the first time. Next time, just take a few deep breaths, remember this performance, and plow through. My guess is, you didn't just blindly guess between two every time and get them all correct by chance. You knew the answers, you just didn't KNOW you knew the answers. Your skills are there; anything else is in your head and you can get rid of it.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:41 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:Guys,

i just had a really bad test anxiety-freaked out and had to stop PT54.

I graded what i did and got 18/18 (i stopped and moved on to LR), correct on reading comprehension, 6/6 on logical reasoning…then i stopped. Everything looked like a blur to me. I didn't recognize any correct answers. Everything was "between the last two answers", nothing was guaranteed even though i managed to get them all correct once i checked.

Better that that happens now and you learn how to deal with it, as opposed to it happening on test day for the first time. Next time, just take a few deep breaths, remember this performance, and plow through. My guess is, you didn't just blindly guess between two every time and get them all correct by chance. You knew the answers, you just didn't KNOW you knew the answers. Your skills are there; anything else is in your head and you can get rid of it.


Thank you xylocarp. You do have a point. I will take a shower, and then try it again tonight.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:48 pm

Same thing happened to me recently. I had a melt down doing LR and was treating every question like I forgot the concepts I've been drilling . I stopped for ten minutes and started again and I'm doing great..

Remember when you first started until now. See how far you've come. It's deff a confident booster for me.

I started out taking 15-20 mins EACH game. To now having 5 minutes left over

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:56 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:I started out taking 15-20 mins EACH game. To now having 5 minutes left over



Teach me your ways

I still have this problem

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:04 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:Same thing happened to me recently. I had a melt down doing LR and was treating every question like I forgot the concepts I've been drilling . I stopped for ten minutes and started again and I'm doing great..

Remember when you first started until now. See how far you've come. It's deff a confident booster for me.

I started out taking 15-20 mins EACH game. To now having 5 minutes left over


Thanks! I will. Ill give it a go later on tonight. I just went blank…so i thought... the answers were not making sense to me...

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:28 pm

So I was invited to a Rave on "friday."

So I am thinking tonight. Not a drug user, so just some booze, music and dancing.

I thought it was tonight. So I was thinking...well, I have been stressing so a little relaxation tonight would be good...so let me study hard all day and go out tonight..


Then I looked at the event online.........
























It is Feb. 7 :lol: hahahahaha oh well

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:08 pm

Just got an email from LSAC. Feeling the pressure again.

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:27 pm

Miracle wrote:Just got an email from LSAC. Feeling the pressure again.


I got that email this morning and felt the same way.


Anyone else a little nervous about taking 71?

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:40 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:Just got an email from LSAC. Feeling the pressure again.


I got that email this morning and felt the same way.


Anyone else a little nervous about taking 71?


yeah if its like my worst PT that would suck.

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:41 pm

IDK about anyone else here, but I'm excited to take 71.5. It'll be a relief good or bad.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:45 pm

WHy are we calling this test 71? I'm lost lol

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:49 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:Just got an email from LSAC. Feeling the pressure again.


I got that email this morning and felt the same way.


Anyone else a little nervous about taking 71?


I am. :oops:

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Miracle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:Just got an email from LSAC. Feeling the pressure again.


I got that email this morning and felt the same way.


Anyone else a little nervous about taking 71?


I am. :oops:


I meant 71 - the December test. I hope it doesn't kill my morale before next Saturday.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:51 pm

Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
Miracle wrote:Just got an email from LSAC. Feeling the pressure again.


I got that email this morning and felt the same way.


Anyone else a little nervous about taking 71?


I am. :oops:


I meant 71 - the December test. I hope it doesn't kill my morale before next Saturday.


I'm nervous about the saturday test.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 pm

DId you see the games for PT 71??? Why didn't I take this test

And that curve
Last edited by withoutapaddle on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:57 pm

Just finished PT 60.

LR: -1 (Missed an early question here)
LG: -3 (I found the last game rather challenging)
LR: -1
RC: -1 (Also missed an early question).

-6 for a scaled score of 175

I think that my LR and RC benefited from taking yesterday off (thanks guys for encouraging me to rest!), but I believe that the break definitely hurt my LG (definitely my weakest section). This suggests that while I should not PT this coming Friday, I definitely should do a couple LG sections.
Last edited by random number on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:58 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:DId you see the games for PT 71??? Why didn't I take this test


I haven't taken it yet, but I'm assuming from your post that they are easy. This is a bit confusing though, because the curve was really generous (-14 IIRC). Are LR and RC ridiculously hard?

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:13 pm

random number wrote:Just finished PT 60.

LR: -1 (Missed an early question here)
LG: -3 (I found the last game rather challenging)
LR: -1
RC: -1 (Also missed an early question).

-6 for a scaled score of 175

I think that my LR and RC benefited from taking yesterday off (thanks guys for encouraging me to rest!), but I believe that the break definitely hurt my LG (definitely my weakest section). This suggests that while I should not PT this coming Friday, I definitely should do a couple LG sections.

Congrats!! That's a great score regardless of the breakdown.

Kinda weird that we have so many mid-170s+ scorers on this thread who have issues with LG. From what I've gathered most people at that level consistently go -0 for LG.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bearedman8, CPA-->JD, DumbHollywoodActor, jonny27, Lahtso Nuggin, mrgstephe, MSNbot Media, ponderingmeerkat, rinkrat19, stego, Tazewell and 21 guests