February 2014 LSAT Study Group

zhenders

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:45 am

90convoy wrote:Graded an RC section today and went -20. Realized I was using the wrong key. HAHAHAHHA.

i wanted to murder myself.

I've done this before too lol -- or rather, using 7SAGE's grader, I mis-marked like almost everything. Lost my shit completely for like a minute.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:53 am

Good morning everyone!

Study study study! :mrgreen:

Im taking two PT's today…if i can find PT54. :wink: Still haven't found it.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:07 am

Miracle wrote:Good morning everyone!

Study study study! :mrgreen:

Im taking two PT's today…if i can find PT54. :wink: Still haven't found it.

Check your PMs, Miracle :)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:32 am

Can't decide if I should do a PT today (haven't taken one since last Saturday) or just focus on LG drilling. Anyone have any input? :?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:33 am

How many do you have left, friend?

For me, 5 days would be a long time to go without PTing :)

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:35 am

I'm trying out zhenders logic games strategy today…for test 30-50 :mrgreen:

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:37 am

xylocarp wrote:Can't decide if I should do a PT today (haven't taken one since last Saturday) or just focus on LG drilling. Anyone have any input? :?

Drill Baby Drill

I dont know, I am more of a driller than a PT'er. I am going to PT this weekend for the first time since my diagnostic at the end of December. I time my drills, but now its time to put it all together and PT.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:38 am

BankruptMe wrote:
xylocarp wrote:Can't decide if I should do a PT today (haven't taken one since last Saturday) or just focus on LG drilling. Anyone have any input? :?

Drill Baby Drill

I dont know, I am more of a driller than a PT'er. I am going to PT this weekend for the first time since my diagnostic at the end of December. I time my drills, but now its time to put it all together and PT.

How many do you plan on taking before the test day?

I doubled up which means i will end up taking 17 prep tests…before he test day. :)

Now i need to go and look for my PT54

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 am

zhenders wrote:How many do you have left, friend?

I have a lot left. I had meant to take 3/week for the 5 weeks leading up to the test, but I’ve ended up taking one or two tops/week. I will definitely not be finishing all of the recent PTs before Feb. 8, but I’m sort of okay with that because that way I have a safety net of new PTs should I have to retake.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:42 am

It's interesting how different we all are with our approaches :) I like it.

I'm absolutely a PT-focused studier. I only traditionally drill LG sections; after taking my first 5 PTs, I found which question types I was having trouble in in LR, and drilled those Q types until my problems went away, and for 3 weeks or so I PT'd 4-5 tests/week.

I think I will have completed around 32 PT's by test day, between Dec. 26 and Feb. 8.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:43 am

xylocarp wrote:

I have a lot left. I had meant to take 3/week for the 5 weeks leading up to the test, but I’ve ended up taking one or two tops/week. I will definitely not be finishing all of the recent PTs before Feb. 8, but I’m sort of okay with that because that way I have a safety net of new PTs should I have to retake.

Makes sense. Still and all, I would do one more this week -- but there's not a wrong way to approach this last two weeks I don't think :)

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:45 am

BankruptMe wrote:

Drill Baby Drill

Yeah, I'm thinking I might just drill, because I think I have the most to gain on LG and little to gain from the other sections. I mean, my RC and LR scores definitely aren’t anywhere close to perfect, but I’d be happy with them as they are on test day. LG is my least consistent section right now by FAR, so I’m hoping with lots of drilling I can make it considerably more consistent.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:45 am

zhenders wrote:It's interesting how different we all are with our approaches :) I like it.

I'm absolutely a PT-focused studier. I only traditionally drill LG sections; after taking my first 5 PTs, I found which question types I was having trouble in in LR, and drilled those Q types until my problems went away, and for 3 weeks or so I PT'd 4-5 tests/week.

I think I will have completed around 32 PT's by test day, between Dec. 26 and Feb. 8.

Which LG strategy do you implement? Powerscore or Mnahattan? Excuse me if i already asked before.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 am

xylocarp wrote:

I see a lot more improvement with drilling as well. However, I think you should pt. It'll give you piece of mind that you're ready and you can see all of your progress. =]

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 am

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:It's interesting how different we all are with our approaches :) I like it.

Which LG strategy do you implement? Powerscore or Mnahattan? Excuse me if i already asked before.

7sage (which I THINK is pretty close to manhattan). I have only learned them through watching the videos though; I couldn't afford the program!

I tried using powerscore at first, but I kind of felt like the methods seemed a little slow. As soon as I found 7sage, I basically put everything aside; I basically copy J.Y.'s methods for all games (except for the random weird game, like dinosaurs or zephyr or stained glass).

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:48 am

Miracle wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:

Drill Baby Drill

How many do you plan on taking before the test day?

I doubled up which means i will end up taking 17 prep tests…before he test day. :)

Now i need to go and look for my PT54

6 or 7 probably.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 am

Nicolena. wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

I see a lot more improvement with drilling as well. However, I think you should pt. It'll give you piece of mind that you're ready and you can see all of your progress. =]

There is nothing like seeing your progress after constant PTing. I love that feeling.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:54 am

Miracle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

There is nothing like seeing your progress after constant PTing. I love that feeling.

So much this. In going back and looking at all of my PT's in order, I noticed something interesting, too: every significant jump in score that I made was ALWAYS immediately preceded by a significant DROP in score. Before I hit and began averaging 170-171, I went 169, 168, 166. before I started averaging 175, I went 173, 171, 170 -- and before I started averaging 177, I went 175, 174, 171. I wonder if that means anything significant?

I can say that in each case, it was because while I was improving in one particular section, I usually did more poorly in another section. I think it's consistent now because I'm consistent with each section.

Innnnterresssstinggg....

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:57 am

zhenders wrote:

So much this. In going back and looking at all of my PT's in order, I noticed something interesting, too: every significant jump in score that I made was ALWAYS immediately preceded by a significant DROP in score. Before I hit and began averaging 170-171, I went 169, 168, 166. before I started averaging 175, I went 173, 171, 170 -- and before I started averaging 177, I went 175, 174, 171. I wonder if that means anything significant?

I can say that in each case, it was because while I was improving in one particular section, I usually did more poorly in another section. I think it's consistent now because I'm consistent with each section.

Innnnterresssstinggg....[/quote]

If those scores are reflective of consecutive days of PTing, you may want to pt the day before the test. JMO.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:07 pm

zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

Makes sense. Still and all, I would do one more this week -- but there's not a wrong way to approach this last two weeks I don't think :)

Yeah I’m definitely doing one on Saturday morning! And I’m going to do 3 or 4 during the last week just for the sake of being used to the test/routine/etc.

I also should start eating breakfast... or maybe I shouldn’t?

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

Yeah I’m definitely doing one on Saturday morning! And I’m going to do 3 or 4 during the last week just for the sake of being used to the test/routine/etc.

Always eat breakfast, right zhenders?

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:08 pm

I'm at work and can't keep up with how quickly you guys are posting :lol:

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:10 pm

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I have a lot left. I had meant to take 3/week for the 5 weeks leading up to the test, but I’ve ended up taking one or two tops/week. I will definitely not be finishing all of the recent PTs before Feb. 8, but I’m sort of okay with that because that way I have a safety net of new PTs should I have to retake.

Innnnterresssstinggg....

Sooo if you have a relatively bad last PT, that means you'll definitely get a 180 on test day :D

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:12 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

I know objectively that eating breakfast is way better than not eating breakfast, but I'm not used to it so maybe it will throw me off to start the week before the test?

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:29 pm

I am debating if I should start drinking Red Bull in the morning

When I have caffeine, I am alot sharper

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”