February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Miracle

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
withoutapaddle wrote:Reading comp is brutal

It doesn't flow at all it's just fact fact fact fact words most people don't know fact fact fact

Question 1

What the hell did you just read?

The RC strategy I've adopted (from the Trainer) has made me look at the text in such a superficial manner that I barely remember the passage an hour after the test. All about structure and short term memory.

Haha that's my problem. That's why I get all the inference questions wrong. Usually I have that what are you asking me look on my face. I have no clue how to make one since I don't remember...

alecks

Postby alecks » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:31 pm

90convoy wrote:
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:It just hit me: I have no plans for the evening of February 8th.

Alcohol will definitely be involved.

I'm going straight to the on-campus bar/restaurant after the test.

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Anyone know how to balance time on the LG

I am either being super lazy and going with the first choice that "seems" right, to save time, or I take forever and get them all right.

Any idea on balance?

random number

Postby random number » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:39 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Anyone know how to balance time on the LG

I am either being super lazy and going with the first choice that "seems" right, to save time, or I take forever and get them all right.

Any idea on balance?

Depends on the question type. For ones which can be solved by basic inferences of by referring to diagrams (e.g. a question asking "which person must go before M" when you know that S is first) absolutely pick the right answer and move on. For ones which benefit from hypos (e.g. local questions which would require drawing new inferences), I tend to go through and eliminate ALL answer choices on the off chance that I made an incorrect assumption. If I end up with two 'correct' answers, I know that I have to go back and check my work.

Edit: Also, if I am pressed for time, I will go with the first answer which I believe to be correct. I figure that, statistically, taking a 50:50 shot on one question and having time to answer another is better than spending all of that time on one question.
Last edited by random number on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Anyone know how to balance time on the LG

Any idea on balance?

I'm in the same situation; I can get them all right if I take 10 mins a game -- but there just isn't that much time.

What has helped me is doing the 'just right' amount of work: i.e., not drawing six (slighty) different diagrams before diving into the questions, not developing unnecessary HYPOs; and trusting my gut enough to know when I've found the right answer choice (allowing me to move on to the next question).
Last edited by Baby_Got_Feuerbach on Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alecks

Postby alecks » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:41 pm

in a cruel twist of fate it is now raining in Los Angeles. guess I'm studying in a loud starbucks again tonight >:( hope I can concentrate better today. urgh.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:43 pm

alecks wrote:in a cruel twist of fate it is now raining in Los Angeles. guess I'm studying in a loud starbucks again tonight >:( hope I can concentrate better today. urgh.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:47 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

You should definitely sign up for the mailing list of doom for the fee waivers. It can easily save anyone hundreds of dollars in app fees, and many schools don't take requests and only allow few waivers via CRS (aka mailing list of doom). I guess you might just really value the lack of spam THAT much though, haha.

I applied to 12 schools. havent paid for 1

I have LSAC fee waiver. :mrgreen:

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 pm

Alright guys, we're going into the last weekend before the big day. USE IT WELL

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:53 pm

xylocarp wrote:Alright guys, we're going into the last weekend before the big day. USE IT WELL

Stocking up on groceries tomorrow so I never have to leave my apartment except for a relaxing walk each night. I feel guilty doing anything BUT studying.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm

Just got 22/23 right on 52 games with 7 minutes left over

Praying this happens on game day

random number

Postby random number » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:07 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:Just got 22/23 right on 52 games with 7 minutes left over

Nice! Were you taking the whole PT or only the games section?

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 pm

Y'all somebody mail me burger. I'll PM you my address in Mexico. Someone from the south please -- I'll holla at you New Yorkers to fly me down some pizza some other time ( looking at you Miracle).

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:19 pm

Im trying to take PT54, however i can't find it :mrgreen:

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm

zhenders wrote:Y'all somebody mail me burger. I'll PM you my address in Mexico. Someone from the south please -- I'll holla at you New Yorkers to fly me down some pizza some other time ( looking at you Miracle).

Where have you been the whole day?

Any time, any time! :mrgreen:

Maybe will get some together when you come back

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:25 pm

zhenders wrote:Y'all somebody mail me burger. I'll PM you my address in Mexico. Someone from the south please -- I'll holla at you New Yorkers to fly me down some pizza some other time ( looking at you Miracle).

Dude NYC has Shake Shack.

ETA: I can mail you Shake Shack from Miami. Or Latin Burger! But it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for haha

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:35 pm

Lol well truth is there are some GREAT mexican-style burgers here... But I want, like, an enormous, probably mostly uncooked southern burger with all of the fixings.

You're both awesome to oblige, though! Dinner-Skype party when I'm back in the states.

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:39 pm

zhenders wrote:Lol well truth is there are some GREAT mexican-style burgers here... But I want, like, an enormous, probably mostly uncooked southern burger with all of the fixings.

You're both awesome to oblige, though! Dinner-Skype party when I'm back in the states.

+1 for the as-rare-as-possible-please order

Speaking of Skype, when is everyone planning on taking 71? We could all go over it together Skype for some last-minute pre-test camaraderie

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:Lol well truth is there are some GREAT mexican-style burgers here... But I want, like, an enormous, probably mostly uncooked southern burger with all of the fixings.

Speaking of Skype, when is everyone planning on taking 71? We could all go over it together Skype for some last-minute pre-test camaraderie

Great idea!!!

Thursday?

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:41 pm

Im holding you to that (Skype dinner)

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:44 pm

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

Great idea!!!

Thursday?

I'm so in. Take on Thursday and review in the afternoon / evening?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm

xylocarp wrote:

Dude NYC has Shake Shack.

ETA: I can mail you Shake Shack from Miami. Or Latin Burger! But it doesn't sound like that's what you're looking for haha

Da fuq, girl. Shake Shack? C'mon, you can find those along any old highway. :)

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm

If I am located near good Internet, I shall join in :)

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:45 pm

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:

Great idea!!!

Thursday?

I like this idea too. I was going to take my last exam Wednesday and do my last bit of prep thursday. NOTHING Friday hopefully no guarantees though :) !

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:47 pm

Just got 22/23 right on 52 games with 7 minutes left over

Nice! Were you taking the whole PT or only the games section?

I did the whole test

I'm praying that the LG is like this test on test day

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”