February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:36 pm

Miracle wrote:PT 54 for me tonight! :)

Good luck! You'll kill it!

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:36 pm

90convoy wrote:How many people in here are K-JD?

I'm a K-JD :oops:

User avatar
thevuch
Posts: 529
Joined: Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby thevuch » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:39 pm

mirroroferised7 wrote:Okay, I'm PT'ing every day, and cramming Manhattan LR and Powerscore LR and RC. I've PT'd through 19-39 and 52-69.

I've gotten LG and RC down to -0's consistently, but I can't get LR down past -3 consistently. I am using LSATQA to analyze tests and figure out where I need improvement. I'm weakest in Flaw, Role/Function, and Parallel reasoning questions. The sad part is, my LR score has gotten worse since I started studying.

I see quite a few of you on this thread have your LR's down to -0 and -1. How do you suggest I get mine down? Should I just drill the hell out of some LR sections on a regular basis? Manhattan seems to be working fairly well, but Powerscore is just too damn dense.

I'm open to any suggestions.


for flaws i say drill drill drill. ive done all the flaw questions and the LSAT trainer and most flaws for me are cake, because you see the same flaws OVER AND OVER AND OVER. for role of a statement, just think about the argument structure, the stimulus is saying ok this is the case (premise) and this is the case (premise), so because this and this are the case (premise 1 and 2) then i can say this is the case (conclusion)! look at what sentences support the conclusive sentence, or if a stimulus lays out a sentence or a common belief that it is going to refute (i see these a lot). and with parallel reason questions again its key to understand argument structure, and be very wary of words like many most and some. and understand what they mean technically speaking, on the harder parallel reasoning questions it can be the difference between many and most that is the correct answer.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:42 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:PT 54 for me tonight! :)

Good luck! You'll kill it!


Thank you! Not yet…still drilling-maybe around 9pm :wink:

How is your studying coming along?

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:48 pm

xylocarp wrote:
90convoy wrote:How many people in here are K-JD?

I'm a K-JD :oops:


Same :mrgreen:

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:13 pm

I'm almost jealous of everyone who is taking a PT today. After taking one a day for the past couple weeks, I am forcing myself to take a break, yet find that I just want to test... :oops:

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:29 pm

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:PT 54 for me tonight! :)

Good luck! You'll kill it!


Thank you! Not yet…still drilling-maybe around 9pm :wink:

How is your studying coming along?

Pretty well. I have been drilling LG non-stop since about 4, I'll probably take a shower/dinner break soon then back to the grind until 11 or 12. I worry that even if I make significant progress, I'll freeze on test day and just not be able to figure a game out at all.

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:30 pm

random number wrote:I'm almost jealous of everyone who is taking a PT today. After taking one a day for the past couple weeks, I am forcing myself to take a break, yet find that I just want to test... :oops:

Good, that's (in part) what the break's supposed to do! This is why taking a break right before test day can make sense for some people. That way you go in HUNGRY.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm

AWWWW YEA

U-IDAHO just wished me luck on the LSAT. Will apply...





lolz

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:01 pm

xylocarp wrote:
random number wrote:I'm almost jealous of everyone who is taking a PT today. After taking one a day for the past couple weeks, I am forcing myself to take a break, yet find that I just want to test... :oops:

Good, that's (in part) what the break's supposed to do! This is why taking a break right before test day can make sense for some people. That way you go in HUNGRY.


Thanks for the encouragement - It is all I can do to not take PT 60 right now!

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:14 pm

BankruptMe wrote:AWWWW YEA

U-IDAHO just wished me luck on the LSAT. Will apply...





lolz


How sweet of them. :wink:

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:30 pm

lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

Do great in your PTs today all! And if you're taking a break, try to enjoy it :) do something purely entertaining for yourself. Except hallucinogenics. Don't do those before test day.


This weekend, some logic games for me, then Four tests next week (MWTh).

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:39 pm

zhenders wrote:lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

You should definitely sign up for the mailing list of doom for the fee waivers. It can easily save anyone hundreds of dollars in app fees, and many schools don't take requests and only allow few waivers via CRS (aka mailing list of doom). I guess you might just really value the lack of spam THAT much though, haha.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:51 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

You should definitely sign up for the mailing list of doom for the fee waivers. It can easily save anyone hundreds of dollars in app fees, and many schools don't take requests and only allow few waivers via CRS (aka mailing list of doom). I guess you might just really value the lack of spam THAT much though, haha.


I applied to 12 schools. havent paid for 1

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:55 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

You should definitely sign up for the mailing list of doom for the fee waivers. It can easily save anyone hundreds of dollars in app fees, and many schools don't take requests and only allow few waivers via CRS (aka mailing list of doom). I guess you might just really value the lack of spam THAT much though, haha.


I applied to 12 schools. havent paid for 1

NICE. Fuck that $25 processing fee or whatever it is though.

User avatar
BentleyLittle
Posts: 482
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BentleyLittle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Does anyone else hate drilling LR? If target PT/time a section and then review. Otherwise, I just do a few and check my answers (which are almost always right untimed).

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:03 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

You should definitely sign up for the mailing list of doom for the fee waivers. It can easily save anyone hundreds of dollars in app fees, and many schools don't take requests and only allow few waivers via CRS (aka mailing list of doom). I guess you might just really value the lack of spam THAT much though, haha.


I've gotten nearly 20 waivers through solicitation; although none are t10, granted. A few schools want some paperwork and W2s but that's NOTHING when it will save you $65 -- that you could be putting toward the school's first deposit :lol:

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:04 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Does anyone else hate drilling LR? If target PT/time a section and then review. Otherwise, I just do a few and check my answers (which are almost always right untimed).


YES, you aren't alone. I prefer to do LRs from a PT because of the variety.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:05 pm

It just hit me: I have no plans for the evening of February 8th.

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:09 pm

Reading comp is brutal

It doesn't flow at all it's just fact fact fact fact words most people don't know fact fact fact

Question 1

What the hell did you just read?

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:15 pm

:o
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:It just hit me: I have no plans for the evening of February 8th.


Skype chat with all of us?

User avatar
90convoy
Posts: 918
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:It just hit me: I have no plans for the evening of February 8th.


Alcohol will definitely be involved.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:20 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:Reading comp is brutal

It doesn't flow at all it's just fact fact fact fact words most people don't know fact fact fact

Question 1

What the hell did you just read?


The RC strategy I've adopted (from the Trainer) has made me look at the text in such a superficial manner that I barely remember the passage an hour after the test. All about structure and short term memory.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach
Posts: 977
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 pm

Miracle wrote::o
Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:It just hit me: I have no plans for the evening of February 8th.


Skype chat with all of us?


DEAL

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 744
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:24 pm

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:lol emails like that are why only the schools I apply to will know I'm even interested in law. Prelaw advisor? Nope. LSAC's mailing list of doom? Nope.

You should definitely sign up for the mailing list of doom for the fee waivers. It can easily save anyone hundreds of dollars in app fees, and many schools don't take requests and only allow few waivers via CRS (aka mailing list of doom). I guess you might just really value the lack of spam THAT much though, haha.


These are good points! I may consider it! The primary reason why I'm not, though, is because the only schools I intend to apply to do not (I don't believe) offer this; fee waivers must be sought. Still and all, perhaps I'll create a bullshit email and go for it.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cctv, Grond, laqueredup, MSNbot Media and 10 guests