February 2014 LSAT Study Group

90convoy

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby 90convoy » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:33 pm

Gonna take PT 67 tonight probably after two days of nothing. Bring on the hard games, bring on art passages, bring on the L4 LR questions. Idgaf I am a beast.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:47 pm

90convoy wrote:Gonna take PT 67 tonight probably after two days of nothing. Bring on the hard games, bring on art passages, bring on the L4 LR questions. Idgaf I am a beast.

Hell yes.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:50 pm

PT 36 - Bus/Window Seats

Difficulty totally overlooked.

The difficulty of dinosaurs is blown WAY out of proportion. I will say that game section as a whole is insanely hard. Same with zephyr, not a bad game, BAD section.

random number

Postby random number » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Miracle wrote:
PT 30-the loaves games!!! Oh myyyyyyy not that game. I can't handle the thought of that game.

The weird thing is that the game isn't hard in a traditional way (i.e. complicated inferences and diagrams) and can be reliably solved by just directly applying the rules to each question. However, this makes it really easy to make dumb mistakes because you can't easily refer to a simplified schematic, as I found out the hard way the first time I saw it. :)

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:41 pm

PT 67 2nd RC passage is awful

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:54 pm

Also just did 68. Thought the first three games were easy. The last game was awful. I was watching lsat7 explain it and he said it took him 15 mins of brute force to complete it .

LSAC better not pull that crap on the 8th

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:59 pm

ya

pt65 just killed my morale

163 -12 on rc

-11 total on lr

-0 on lg

really just lost it with rc. idk. i really dont know. i realllllllllly dont know. i just dont. dont know. FUCK

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:07 pm

my sex life went from a 180 to a 120 over the last two months because of this damn test

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:24 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:Also just did 68. Thought the first three games were easy. The last game was awful. I was watching lsat7 explain it and he said it took him 15 mins of brute force to complete it .

LSAC better not pull that crap on the 8th

I think I did these games with no issues. When I get to it I can message you. I noticed a few of 7sages newer videos don't diagram even when there is one.

withoutapaddle

Postby withoutapaddle » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:57 pm

I would be so happy for a games section like PT 28

BankruptMe

Postby BankruptMe » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:17 am

withoutapaddle wrote:my sex life went from a 180 to a 120 over the last two months because of this damn test

Lol, did you see my earlier post? Join the club. Hopefully are top choices will love and nurture us in a few months.

So with LG, hybrids kick my azz. Other than that, as long as I am not LAZY on test day and work through everything, I tend to only miss 1, maybe 2 out of a 6 question game. I almost never miss the 1st question anymore.

When I was first prepping for the test 4 years ago, I consistently missed all of them. Massive improvement

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:21 am

I've been slacking but today I'm going hard. Getting home at 3:30, going to drill all afternoon and night.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 am

xylocarp wrote:I've been slacking but today I'm going hard. Getting home at 3:30, going to drill all afternoon and night.

Get back to it! No slacking allowed.

I just had some breakfast....studying starts at 10 :)..not stoping till 11

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:55 am

PT 66, about to start.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:56 am

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I've been slacking but today I'm going hard. Getting home at 3:30, going to drill all afternoon and night.

What was breakfast?

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:01 am

zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:

What was breakfast?

I had some eggs whites, and fruit :)) should have taken a pic of it lol-just for you.

I went tanning this morning and picked up a shake on my way back as well. Not being able to go to the gym due to LSAT has been really taking a toll on me :((( I like to stay in shape so gym is a must for me. I keep on telling myself one more week lol

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:04 am

Morning everyone, more LG drilling today and reviewing PT 65 and LR drilling lol basically drilling of all sorts. Do you guys always drill LG in the cambridge packets timed? Also I found that since my score depends on this sec I have huge anxiety with it anyone do anything special to stay level headed with games I rush, panic and make silly mistakes.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am

Miracle wrote:
zhenders wrote:
Miracle wrote:

What was breakfast?

I had some eggs whites, and fruit :)) should have taken a pic of it lol-just for you.

I went tanning this morning and picked up a shake on my way back as well. Not being able to go to the gym due to LSAT has been really taking a toll on me :((( I like to stay in shape so gym is a must for me. I keep on telling myself one more week lol

I understand. I had to give up the gym almost two months ago, and it's been driving me crazy. I get back to the states on the 4th; on the 8th, I take the test, and on the 10th I get a gym membership again. I'm super-excited -- it's additional motivation to kill this test.

And yes! Always take pictures of delicious breakfasts just for me! This should go without saying.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:08 am

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Morning everyone, more LG drilling today and reviewing PT 65 and LR drilling lol basically drilling of all sorts. Do you guys always drill LG in the cambridge packets timed? Also I found that since my score depends on this sec I have huge anxiety with it anyone do anything special to stay level headed with games I rush, panic and make silly mistakes.

Many of us are definitely feeling the LG anxiety, mate. I know that Xylocarp and I are right there with you lol.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:14 am

I understand. I had to give up the gym almost two months ago, and it's been driving me crazy. I get back to the states on the 4th; on the 8th, I take the test, and on the 10th I get a gym membership again. I'm super-excited -- it's additional motivation to kill this test.

And yes! Always take pictures of delicious breakfasts just for me! This should go without saying.[/quote]

I gave up mine on November 6th so its been almost three month now. :( Back to gym on the 8th-after the LSAT (literary). So excited.

LOL are you a breakfast person?

90convoy

Postby 90convoy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:15 am

zhenders wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:Morning everyone, more LG drilling today and reviewing PT 65 and LR drilling lol basically drilling of all sorts. Do you guys always drill LG in the cambridge packets timed? Also I found that since my score depends on this sec I have huge anxiety with it anyone do anything special to stay level headed with games I rush, panic and make silly mistakes.

Many of us are definitely feeling the LG anxiety, mate. I know that Xylocarp and I are right there with you lol.

The worst is when u have a hard game that you later find out is super easy the second time you do it.

Miracle

Postby Miracle » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:17 am

90convoy wrote:
zhenders wrote:

The worst is when u have a hard game that you later find out is super easy the second time you do it.

+1

W$RKliveWELL

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:18 am

Miracle wrote:
90convoy wrote:
zhenders wrote:

+1

I second that. Glad I'm not alone on this one.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:19 am

90convoy wrote:
zhenders wrote:

Yeah, this is what scares me the most too, for sure. I review/drill logic games with a pen (to remind myself to be deliberate with everything I write down), and I literally never seem to have any problems while I'm drilling problems or reviewing; it all feels so easy. Then a "tough" game on a PT comes around, and it's a different story -- crazy-ass marks all over the place, utter confusion, mothers and babies wailing in the streets -- it feels like a catastrophe in the making.

Miracle wrote:I understand. I had to give up the gym almost two months ago, and it's been driving me crazy. I get back to the states on the 4th; on the 8th, I take the test, and on the 10th I get a gym membership again. I'm super-excited -- it's additional motivation to kill this test.

And yes! Always take pictures of delicious breakfasts just for me! This should go without saying.

I gave up mine on November 6th so its been almost three month now. :( Back to gym on the 8th-after the LSAT (literary). So excited.

LOL are you a breakfast person?[/quote]

I'm so completely a breakfast person. Like, Cracker Barrel stole all of their recipes from ME.

zhenders

Postby zhenders » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 am

Ok but for serious: PT66 TIME.

GOAL: 179,

No more than -1 total on LR, -2 MAX on RC, -0 LG.

Here we go.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”