February 2014 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:23 am

zhenders wrote:Random Number! Get yourself an Avatar so that I can start superimposing your personality upon it! You aren't a real person until you have a bizarre image of some kind to represent your Internet existence.

zhenders I like your new avatar much better. Your old one creeped me out haha

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:25 am

I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.

TLS2011
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:27 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby TLS2011 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:06 am

zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:
There's this truly awesome thread floating around called "Overheard at the LSAT" -- god, do I ever recommend reading all hundred pages of it.

+1. I expect good stories in that thread from everyone here.



Oh god, I hope so too.

I mean, I'm taking this test in Little Rock, Arkansas -- so SURELY, right?


Along with me.

User avatar
W$RKliveWELL
Posts: 188
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 1:17 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby W$RKliveWELL » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:06 am

anyone come across a LR vocab/common terms sheet? I want to clarify a few things.

User avatar
zhenders
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby zhenders » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:28 am

xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:Random Number! Get yourself an Avatar so that I can start superimposing your personality upon it! You aren't a real person until you have a bizarre image of some kind to represent your Internet existence.

zhenders I like your new avatar much better. Your old one creeped me out haha


Lol cowboy Worf creeped you out? Sad day. But I guess I totally understand :-P

xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


I was too but not on here :) I am about to take PT65. I shall call it "Test day simulation in the event that I accidentally drink too much coffee the day before and sleep precisely 0 minutes."

As you can imagine, I'm expecting a 180 on this bad boy.

TLS2011 wrote:
zhenders wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
zhenders wrote:
There's this truly awesome thread floating around called "Overheard at the LSAT" -- god, do I ever recommend reading all hundred pages of it.

+1. I expect good stories in that thread from everyone here.



Oh god, I hope so too.

I mean, I'm taking this test in Little Rock, Arkansas -- so SURELY, right?


Along with me.


Hey, cool stuff; you should PM me what you look like and I'll do the same; that way we can high five each other during the break.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:31 am

xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


hahaha

like 7 hours

god forbid you don't get your last hour. :wink:

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:40 am

xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


same. I freak out if I don't get 8 hours of sleep, especially now. I'm basically useless past 10 pm on any given day.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:42 am

alecks wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


same. I freak out if I don't get 8 hours of sleep, especially now. I'm basically useless past 10 pm on any given day.


Ive been on red bull a lot! :oops:

User avatar
xylocarp
Posts: 4740
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby xylocarp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:44 am

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


hahaha

like 7 hours

god forbid you don't get your last hour. :wink:

It actually messes up my whole day. It's really annoying actually, haha.

alecks wrote:same. I freak out if I don't get 8 hours of sleep, especially now. I'm basically useless past 10 pm on any given day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Some people don't recommend it, but I'm definitely going to take a strong sleeping pill ridiculously early the night before the LSAT, because otherwise I might not sleep at all and then I'll be SCREWED.

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:48 am

Finally have some time to devote to the LSAT today. Going to put in a lot of time today.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:52 am

BankruptMe wrote:Finally have some time to devote to the LSAT today. Going to put in a lot of time today.


How many hours are you looking at?

User avatar
BankruptMe
Posts: 822
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:02 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby BankruptMe » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:01 pm

Miracle wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Finally have some time to devote to the LSAT today. Going to put in a lot of time today.


How many hours are you looking at?


I do not have a school assignment due till Thursday night. So Today I need to go over 2 chapters of logic games, do about 50 logic game problems and review all my RC and LR mistakes.

I am finishing up my study guide book. The 5 PT's till next weekend.

So maybe like 5-8 hours.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:10 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
Miracle wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Finally have some time to devote to the LSAT today. Going to put in a lot of time today.


How many hours are you looking at?


I do not have a school assignment due till Thursday night. So Today I need to go over 2 chapters of logic games, do about 50 logic game problems and review all my RC and LR mistakes.

I am finishing up my study guide book. The 5 PT's till next weekend.

So maybe like 5-8 hours.


I am studying from 11am to 11pm…maybe pulling an all nighter depending on how i feel at 11pm :)) thats 12 hours? Looking forward to it. :))

I will be on TLS the whole time so if you have any questions let me know… if you get stuck anywhere :wink:

User avatar
pech71
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:11 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby pech71 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:42 pm

I decided to stop PTing RC sections. I have done 10 PT's in last 2 weeks and found that my score for RC is between -4 and -10 (with the one -18 random). There is no improvement or consistency to how I score, just luck on the type of passage and there not being one about art.

Not sure if anyone else aiming for a 165 finds this as a decent approach since it seems to be the section with the least amount of improvement.

I just feel that I have been trained as an engineer and patent agent to read for detail for the last 10 years and I cannot train myself to read differently.

However, this does give me more time to focus on LR (where I hope to see the most improvement and get two -6 sections) and LG to just stay sharp and get my -0 to -2.

User avatar
cloy26
Posts: 124
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby cloy26 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Bone marrow biopsy this morning!!!!! aghhgh.

Actually went pretty smoothly. Just a dull aching pain now.

Ready for PT65.

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:16 pm

Miracle wrote:
alecks wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


same. I freak out if I don't get 8 hours of sleep, especially now. I'm basically useless past 10 pm on any given day.


Ive been on red bull a lot! :oops:


I can't handle caffeine of any kind so that might be why I always need sleep. It makes me way too jittery. also I may or may not work for a major energy drink brand in which case if I never saw a can of that stuff ever again I would be okay with it.

anyway. PT 44 for me after work today!

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:17 pm

Miracle wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:
Miracle wrote:
BankruptMe wrote:Finally have some time to devote to the LSAT today. Going to put in a lot of time today.


How many hours are you looking at?


I do not have a school assignment due till Thursday night. So Today I need to go over 2 chapters of logic games, do about 50 logic game problems and review all my RC and LR mistakes.

I am finishing up my study guide book. The 5 PT's till next weekend.

So maybe like 5-8 hours.


I am studying from 11am to 11pm…maybe pulling an all nighter depending on how i feel at 11pm :)) thats 12 hours? Looking forward to it. :))

I will be on TLS the whole time so if you have any questions let me know… if you get stuck anywhere :wink:



I plan to take 64 and 65 today. How do you study for 12 hrs. Do you just break it into sections of drilling/review or are you going over concepts?

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:18 pm

alecks wrote:
Miracle wrote:
alecks wrote:
xylocarp wrote:I can't believe so many of you guys were up so late! I seriously cannot deal without my 8 hours. I would way rather stick to my no fun ever rule and spend every moment of the day being as productive as possible than even sleep like... 7 hours.


same. I freak out if I don't get 8 hours of sleep, especially now. I'm basically useless past 10 pm on any given day.


Ive been on red bull a lot! :oops:


I can't handle caffeine of any kind so that might be why I always need sleep. It makes me way too jittery. also I may or may not work for a major energy drink brand in which case if I never saw a can of that stuff ever again I would be okay with it.

anyway. PT 44 for me after work today!


Why not a more recent pt?

User avatar
withoutapaddle
Posts: 451
Joined: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby withoutapaddle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:20 pm

I decided to stop PTing RC sections. I have done 10 PT's in last 2 weeks and found that my score for RC is between -4 and -10 (with the one -18 random). There is no improvement or consistency to how I score, just luck on the type of passage and there not being one about art.


I suck at the art passages as well

my reading comp is all over the place too. I've always been a detailed person when it comes to reading so if I don't understand a key word or phrase I tend to go back and reread it. Unfortunately there's not time to do that on the test

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Nicolena. wrote:Why not a more recent pt?


I'm basically out of fresh PTs except for 70 and 44 seemed very unfamiliar... I've exhausted most of the 50s and 60s tests so I'm just looking for unfamiliarity at this point. I've been studying for a while (5 months) :shock:

think it's no bueno since it's not very recent?

Nicolena.
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:44 am

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:34 pm

alecks wrote:
Nicolena. wrote:Why not a more recent pt?


I'm basically out of fresh PTs except for 70 and 44 seemed very unfamiliar... I've exhausted most of the 50s and 60s tests so I'm just looking for unfamiliarity at this point. I've been studying for a while (5 months) :shock:

think it's no bueno since it's not very recent?


I was scheduled for December but had to reschedule for February bc I couldn't do the makeup day. I used 52-70, minus a few from the 60s for my prep. Yes, that means these are familiar but I think if it's been over three weeks you should be okay. If I were you if prob use a pt from the beginning of your prep.

I don't think taking 44 won't be beneficial. I just think 50s and 60s are more relevant. Just my opinion.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:35 pm

I plan to take 64 and 65 today. How do you study for 12 hrs. Do you just break it into sections of drilling/review or are you going over concepts?[/quote]

Right now I'm drilling the last 50 questions of Flaw Cambridge packet. Then, I'm moving to last 50 questions of weaken packet, and then I'm going towards last 10 questions of strengthen packet. Drilling 3 sections of Reading comprehension. I need to finish these before i PT. Then, Im taking a PT later on tonight and reviewing it.

random number
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby random number » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 pm

alecks wrote:I'm basically out of fresh PTs except for 70 and 44 seemed very unfamiliar... I've exhausted most of the 50s and 60s tests so I'm just looking for unfamiliarity at this point. I've been studying for a while (5 months) :shock:

think it's no bueno since it's not very recent?


I think you'll be O.K., as the benefits of unfamiliarity outweigh the minor differences between the old and new tests IMHO. This is assuming that you aren't really struggling with comparative reading (test 50ish onward).

User avatar
unodostres
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby unodostres » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:37 pm

8+ hours at this point seems crazy.

I'm at 3-4. I rarely go over 5. Quality over quantity for me. I can't focus if I go that hard.

Anyone else programming their sleep schedule? I'm still kinda meh on it. Woke up at 8 today haha.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:43 pm

unodostres wrote:8+ hours at this point seems crazy.

I'm at 3-4. I rarely go over 5. Quality over quantity for me. I can't focus if I go that hard.

Anyone else programming their sleep schedule? I'm still kinda meh on it. Woke up at 8 today haha.


When i have a day to myself….i'm making the best of it.

I don't get tired of drilling especially if i understand the questions…finding minor flaws is intriguing to me. I want to know why i got them wrong etc. PT's don't seem tiring to me either as i improve on the them. Its just basic repetition.
Last edited by Miracle on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gaandrsn, The_Pluviophile, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests