February 2014 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Split90

New

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Post by Split90 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:37 pm

Last edited by Split90 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:54 pm

Split90 wrote:hey guys,
just wondering... have you ever heard someone getting in t14 with a feb lsat score?

i know one guy but he's score was like 180...
I've been doing research on this and the answer is: yes. Seemingly more and more often. To be safe, probably best to aim for above the school's 50th percentile.

Split90

New

Post by Split90 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Last edited by Split90 on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tlucidum

New

Post by Tlucidum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Checking into this thread. Anyone else like me that was originally gonna take December and then decided to wait until next cycle to apply? Today could have been judgment day, but instead I woke up at 12pm. Decision making skills = flawless.

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:45 pm

Tlucidum wrote:Checking into this thread. Anyone else like me that was originally gonna take December and then decided to wait until next cycle to apply? Today could have been judgment day, but instead I woke up at 12pm. Decision making skills = flawless.
I kinda wish I would have done this...regrets.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

All Star

New

Post by All Star » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:21 pm

I just took the test today, and I know that I got a 162-164. Do you think that I could improve to t-14 levels by Feb and still have a chance to make it for this cycle? I was thinking about waiting until June and for next cycle

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

MTH2 wrote:
Tlucidum wrote:Checking into this thread. Anyone else like me that was originally gonna take December and then decided to wait until next cycle to apply? Today could have been judgment day, but instead I woke up at 12pm. Decision making skills = flawless.
That bad? How much did you prep?

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:07 pm

I hope you withdrew so your score isn't reported as "absent."

alpha kenny body

Gold

Post by alpha kenny body » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
MTH2 wrote:
That bad? How much did you prep?
A lot. My PT average is right around where I would like to score, however, I just wasn't prepared for the real deal. I think an extra 2 months would have been perfect, but hindsight is pointless. I'm not sure how I scored yet regardless I know I can score better. Hence, my retake.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Tlucidum

New

Post by Tlucidum » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:21 pm

Baby_Got_Feuerbach wrote:
I hope you withdrew so your score isn't reported as "absent."
Ah, let me clarify. I made the decision several weeks ago to cancel my December registration/register for February. It was just sort of a funny feeling that today would have been the day (and I have a friend or two that *did* take it today).

Nicolena.

Bronze

Post by Nicolena. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:34 pm

My test center was closed due to the weather. Most likely it will be rescheduled in a week. Do you think it would affect my chances of getting in if I didn't take the reschedule until feb and apply in February? Will this hurt my chances?

Honestly, I'm fine with lg (-2 at most) and I just started seeing a massive improvement with LR. I feel confident about December but I feel like this is almost a sign that I should postpone. However, I'm not working right now and if I do take in feb instead, I will be.

Any thoughts?

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:55 pm

What about ASU? Late admission?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:30 pm

For those hoping to take February and apply this cycle: a blog post by Mike Spivey on the topic. I think he got asked this at least a couple of times in his Q&A thread.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:36 pm

I read it somewhere on here (recently) that someone got into G-town with February score however i can't find the post :( .

blackbirdfly

Bronze

Post by blackbirdfly » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:56 pm

Checking in! I took December today, but I'm not going to waste time studying from February. Better safe than sorry.

Split90

New

Post by Split90 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:33 am

blackbirdfly wrote:Checking in! I took December today, but I'm not going to waste time studying from February. Better safe than sorry.

you mean, you want to study hard for the feb test and not waste any time?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:30 pm

Just took PT 52, did pretty well except for LG (ran out of time AND got some wrong). -0 -1 LR, -3 RC, -6 LG :cry:
Anyone have any tips for drilling LG efficiently? That's my biggest hurdle right now. I'm going to just drill drill drill every day until I've got them DOWN with time to spare.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Mauve.Dino

Bronze

Post by Mauve.Dino » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:23 pm

xylocarp wrote:Just took PT 52, did pretty well except for LG (ran out of time AND got some wrong). -0 -1 LR, -3 RC, -6 LG :cry:
Anyone have any tips for drilling LG efficiently? That's my biggest hurdle right now. I'm going to just drill drill drill every day until I've got them DOWN with time to spare.

I'm jealous of your LR/RC scores--ha, ha!

For LG, I've been drilling the Cambridge bundles every day. I make a list of games that I struggled with, then head over to the 7sage website and watch his video explanations. Then I'll redo the games immediately to reinforce the concepts I may have missed. I'll wait a few days and then do them again. That's seemed to help me a bit. Just the repetition itself has revealed patterns in the question/game types I've encountered.

Sometimes the difference between a game taking 7 minutes and taking 10 minutes is just one missed inference. Drives me nuts.

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:04 pm

xylocarp wrote:Just took PT 52, did pretty well except for LG (ran out of time AND got some wrong). -0 -1 LR, -3 RC, -6 LG :cry:
Your LR scores make me cry.

The LGs seemed to be harder than the ones I have been used to. Oh well, repetition.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Mauve.Dino wrote:

I'm jealous of your LR/RC scores--ha, ha!

For LG, I've been drilling the Cambridge bundles every day. I make a list of games that I struggled with, then head over to the 7sage website and watch his video explanations. Then I'll redo the games immediately to reinforce the concepts I may have missed. I'll wait a few days and then do them again. That's seemed to help me a bit. Just the repetition itself has revealed patterns in the question/game types I've encountered.

Sometimes the difference between a game taking 7 minutes and taking 10 minutes is just one missed inference. Drives me nuts.
It was my first ever -0 on any LR section :D

I don't have any Cambridge bundles — are they a must-have? I photocopied all of the games from LGB that I had any trouble with, so I was going to drill those, but there aren't very many (just because LGB doesn't have that many games in the first place). Then I figured I would just go through LG sections from early games?

So far I'm terrible at making inferences. I find myself brute forcing my way through pretty much every game I do, which is sometimes quick enough but most of the time not even close. Ugh. I HATE YOU LOGIC GAMES

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:52 pm

Checking in! Was averaging in the low 160s before December so I withdrew the night before. I'm shooting for a high 160 (Cornell is my top choice) or bust so I felt like it was the best decision to make. I'm starting my February prep today-- if anyone is in a similar boat and wants to join me in studying/PTing together, feel free to PM me or just reply here. :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:07 pm

dasani13 wrote:Checking in! Was averaging in the low 160s before December so I withdrew the night before. I'm shooting for a high 160 (Cornell is my top choice) or bust so I felt like it was the best decision to make. I'm starting my February prep today-- if anyone is in a similar boat and wants to join me in studying/PTing together, feel free to PM me or just reply here. :)
Are you applying this cycle or next? Just out of curiosity

cloy26

Bronze

Post by cloy26 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:30 pm

Pardon my ignorance, but these threads are just a collective hangout/discussion throughout our prep and not essentially a strict day by day PT schedule, right?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:45 pm

cloy26 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but these threads are just a collective hangout/discussion throughout our prep and not essentially a strict day by day PT schedule, right?
Some study group threads in the past have had days where they would decide to all take the same PT and discuss it, but we have fewer active participants in this thread than most, so we haven't done anything nearly so organized.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:08 pm

xylocarp wrote:
cloy26 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but these threads are just a collective hangout/discussion throughout our prep and not essentially a strict day by day PT schedule, right?
Some study group threads in the past have had days where they would decide to all take the same PT and discuss it, but we have fewer active participants in this thread than most, so we haven't done anything nearly so organized.
Also, if you are looking for a study guide to follow, you can take a look at this:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=200917

Or if you want some info on courses:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=151670

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”