February 2014 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bizzybone1313

Silver

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Post by bizzybone1313 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:29 am

Motivator9 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:Does anyone else get dreams of burning or throwing away all of their LSAT prep shit when they are done with it?
I had a dream that I blew the LG section. The sad part was that I felt confident that everything was right during the test lol
I have been prepping on and off for this test for a while now. I highly recommend that you do at least a few LG's most days of the week, because your timing and understanding of little nuances will take a serious hit if you do not do this. I have had to waste time relearning shit because of not consistently drilling LG's. Logic games is actually my best section. The most important one of LR (because there are two sections of this) has always been my problem. It is getting better though.

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:
Motivator9 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:Does anyone else get dreams of burning or throwing away all of their LSAT prep shit when they are done with it?
I had a dream that I blew the LG section. The sad part was that I felt confident that everything was right during the test lol
I have been prepping on and off for this test for a while now. I highly recommend that you do at least a few LG's most days of the week, because your timing and understanding of little nuances will take a serious hit if you do not do this. I have had to waste time relearning shit because of not consistently drilling LG's. Logic games is actually my best section. The most important one of LR (because there are two sections of this) has always been my problem. It is getting better though.
Ya I see what your saying. I took about a month off of LG to drill LR and I noticed that my speed had gone down on the gangs that I had already done.

I've been neglecting RC lately. That's just as important.

OliveBC

Bronze

Post by OliveBC » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Checking in here, starting prep Monday.
I took the Feb test last year and scored a 170. I've been waffling about whether to retake pretty much since the day I got my score and finally decided to just give it one more shot. I never used cambridge or any bundle/books so I know I could've studied more.

I'm applying this cycle but also interviewing for jobs so if this test goes well but it's too late to help much this cycle I'll probably sit out a year and then apply.

To whoever mentioned that the Feb test is undisclosed....you will never realize how frustrating it is until you get your score and can't see what you missed. I swore I wouldn't take the Feb test again if I decided to retake but alas here I am.... :roll:

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:40 pm

If anyone is looking to improve on identifying Flaws. http://quizlet.com/24859623/8-0-f-l-a-w ... ash-cards/

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Flaws have been giving me a hard time today. I find that there is a lot of ambiguity in the answer choices, much more so than N and S assumptions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Duchess14

New

Post by Duchess14 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:28 am

Checking in though may end up taking in June if I don't feel ready.

Currently working my way through a 7Sage class and recently got a copy of the LSAT Trainer.

kennedy

New

Post by kennedy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:49 am

Anyone else use Cambridge packets? I'm working through them for my LR, but I'm so afraid of not being able to finish them up in a timely manner (some sections have like 200 questions). Do you work through all of them?

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:47 pm

kennedy wrote:Anyone else use Cambridge packets? I'm working through them for my LR, but I'm so afraid of not being able to finish them up in a timely manner (some sections have like 200 questions). Do you work through all of them?
Really it depends on how comfortable you are with the questions. Personally, I do all of the questions. However, I think the importance of drilling comes from reviewing. Obviously on most level one questions, you wont have to spend that much time, but on the more difficult ones, you really need to understand the logic behind the behind. I type up explanations for all of the questions that I miss.

ballsoharduniversity

New

Post by ballsoharduniversity » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:50 am

Ugh, RC is killing me. For some reason I haven't been doing so hot on my RC sections. On my last couple PTs, I've been going anywhere from -6 to -10 with LG compensating for so many of my incorrect RC answers. How do you even improve on this section? I don't think I'm reading too fast/annotating too much or anything, I just seem to get down to two answers and then pick the wrong one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 pm

Being so close to the Oct test is honestly getting me kind of worried about how my nerves will affect my LSAT performance. My sister is taking it in a week, and I'm feeling vicariously anxious to an alarming degree. :shock:
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:38 pm

Motivator9 wrote:If anyone is looking to improve on identifying Flaws. http://quizlet.com/24859623/8-0-f-l-a-w ... ash-cards/
This is pretty sweet, thanks.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kennedy

New

Post by kennedy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 pm

Motivator9 wrote:
kennedy wrote:Anyone else use Cambridge packets? I'm working through them for my LR, but I'm so afraid of not being able to finish them up in a timely manner (some sections have like 200 questions). Do you work through all of them?
Really it depends on how comfortable you are with the questions. Personally, I do all of the questions. However, I think the importance of drilling comes from reviewing. Obviously on most level one questions, you wont have to spend that much time, but on the more difficult ones, you really need to understand the logic behind the behind. I type up explanations for all of the questions that I miss.
Hm. True. I'm currently on 112/198 on a packet. I guess I'm just anxious about being able to do every Cambridge packet with review in time.

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Man level four Flaw questions killed me. I went 250/284 overall, but 29/56 on 4 difficulty. Ouch! Honestly, I decided not to even review the level four once I saw how many I missed. I'm going to put those to the side and come back and them do them later once I go back over the books. But for now, I'm moving on to Strengthening and Weakening.

Anyone begin taking timed tests on a weekly basis yet?
Last edited by Motivator9 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:40 pm

Motivator9 wrote:Man level four Flaw questions killed me. I went 250/284 overall, but 29/56. Ouch! Honestly, I decided not to even review the level four once I saw how many I missed. I'm going to put those to the side and come back and them do them later once I go back over the books. But for now, I'm moving on to Strengthening and Weakening.

Anyone begin taking timed tests on a weekly basis yet?

I havent yet. I'm going to mid-October tho. And yeah, flaw questions are a bitch

Duchess14

New

Post by Duchess14 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:26 am

Just wondering how many people prepping for Feb are planning on applying this cycle v next cycle?

I'm planning on applying next cycle and mulling the pros & cons of Feb v June.

If I don't feel ready for Feb. I'll obviously wait till June, but aside from that I do get kind of hung up on the undisclosed nature of the Feb exam. If things don't go as planned I'll want to know exactly what went wrong when prepping for Oct / think regardless I'd like to know what I got wrong.

It's not enough to stop me from taking in Feb. if I'm feeling comfortable with the material but I was just wondering if those of you applying next cycle have given Feb v June any thought?

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:31 am

Duchess14 wrote:Just wondering how many people prepping for Feb are planning on applying this cycle v next cycle?

I'm planning on applying next cycle and mulling the pros & cons of Feb v June.

If I don't feel ready for Feb. I'll obviously wait till June, but aside from that I do get kind of hung up on the undisclosed nature of the Feb exam. If things don't go as planned I'll want to know exactly what went wrong when prepping for Oct / think regardless I'd like to know what I got wrong.

It's not enough to stop me from taking in Feb. if I'm feeling comfortable with the material but I was just wondering if those of you applying next cycle have given Feb v June any thought?
I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I'm going to take it in Feb if I'm PTing in my desired range but if not I'm going to delay till June. I feel that this allows for maximum prep time with the potential of being done with lsat early.

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:51 am

Same here guys. I decided that if I plan on taking it in Feb instead of June, Ill study with a greater sense of urgency. However, I know June will still be available.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:45 pm

Same as all of you. I think most people planning to take Feb now are probably in our boat; others will join in for retakes after October and December scores come out I expect.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

cglw124

New

Post by cglw124 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:53 am

Finished both bibles (in two weeks, while working full time)~ Now trying to get through Manhattan's RC guide.
Drilling to begin this weekend. Wish me luck~

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:51 pm

cglw124 wrote:Finished both bibles (in two weeks, while working full time)~ Now trying to get through Manhattan's RC guide.
Drilling to begin this weekend. Wish me luck~
Are you getting the Manhattan LR And LG books as well? Those are gold.

afnajjerh

New

Post by afnajjerh » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:47 pm

Checking in!!

I was signed up for the exam tomorrow, started studying in July. I was averaging in the mid 160's with a 167 as my best score by September.

Unfortunately about 3 weeks ago I took the Dino Games PT and messed up in LR and dropped all the way to a 154. Idk what happened but it psyched me out. I got upset and just stopped my drilling and studying.

In hindsight it was a dumb decision, but since I was solo studying I think I didn't have someone there to take me out if that rut, so hopefully me posting on here from now on I'll have a group to keep me going if that happens again.

I have gone through MLG and MLR and have done all level 1 and some level 2 Cambridge. I plan on buying the trainer and getting on a 12 weeks schedule.

Sorry for the long rant but luck everyone!!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

perfectSCore

New

Post by perfectSCore » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:31 pm

Signed up for the Feb test today

Started casually prepping these last few weeks just by testing; i diagnostic'd 169 so i've decided not to buy any books or take a course. I might get the LG Bible after bombing a LG section on i think the 2012 June LSAT; no idea how the game worked

Scores so far, in order: 169, 170, 171, 172, 175, 168, and 169. Target score is 175+ for me. Planning on taking around 5 tests a week, starting from PT1 working upwards; i've taken 1-4 already. Hoping that by the time i get to PT30 i'll be scoring around 175 consistently.

Best of luck to everyone!

politibro44

New

Post by politibro44 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:42 pm

Checking in.

I just started the LSAT Trainer this week and am taking my first diagnostic tomorrow. I plan on applying next cycle.

I hope we can maintain an active and motivating thread for this Feb test!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:03 pm

So I'm taking a PT today (my third one total) and I realize that for some reason I'm sucking really bad and can't really concentrate. So I stopped after the first 2 sections and then graded what I had. -14 on LG. What the fuck!? My diagnostic TWO MONTHS AGO wasn't even that bad. Should I just give up? Also on LR I went -8 on one of the sections which is also worse than my diagnostic.

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”