February 2014 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
random number

Bronze

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Post by random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:19 pm

Thanks! LG really terrifies me, even after doing Powerscore and a few weeks of drilling; I feel as if one silly diagramming mistake/weird game could absolutely ruin the test, whereas with LR and RC each question is more or less individual and thus has less overall effect.

W$RKliveWELL

Bronze

Post by W$RKliveWELL » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:26 pm

xylocarp wrote:
random number wrote:Just finished PT 60.

LR: -1 (Missed an early question here)
LG: -3 (I found the last game rather challenging)
LR: -1
RC: -1 (Also missed an early question).

-6 for a scaled score of 175

I think that my LR and RC benefited from taking yesterday off (thanks guys for encouraging me to rest!), but I believe that the break definitely hurt my LG (definitely my weakest section). This suggests that while I should not PT this coming Friday, I definitely should do a couple LG sections.
Congrats!! That's a great score regardless of the breakdown.

Kinda weird that we have so many mid-170s+ scorers on this thread who have issues with LG. From what I've gathered most people at that level consistently go -0 for LG.
Really good stuff w/ that score! I also feel the nervousness for 71 specifically because it will be the only PT I haven't seen yet. Also since 71 had a better curve doesn't that mean it was a harder exam? & does anyone know what the general consensus is on Feb exams I know their not disclosed but are their any rumors as to what to expect?

random thought but reviewing a PT is like therapy especially with silly mistakes. At this point I really believe we all know the answers its about going through the process and not getting in our own way if that makes any sense (excluding RC which still has no rhyme or reason :x )

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:31 pm

withoutapaddle wrote:DId you see the games for PT 71??? Why didn't I take this test

And that curve
It'll be even better for our test. I pray to the lsat gods every night.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:32 pm

random number wrote:Thanks! LG really terrifies me, even after doing Powerscore and a few weeks of drilling; I feel as if one silly diagramming mistake/weird game could absolutely ruin the test, whereas with LR and RC each question is more or less individual and thus has less overall effect.
We are on exactly the same page haha
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Wait, what is PT 71?

I am confused

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:39 pm

BankruptMe wrote:Wait, what is PT 71?

I am confused
71 is PT 71.

The Feb. 8 test is 71.5

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:51 pm

90convoy wrote:

I am confused
71 is PT 71.

The Feb. 8 test is 71.5
Is the december test available for download?

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 pm

W$RKliveWELL wrote:Also since 71 had a better curve doesn't that mean it was a harder exam? & does anyone know what the general consensus is on Feb exams I know their not disclosed but are their any rumors as to what to expect?

random thought but reviewing a PT is like therapy especially with silly mistakes. At this point I really believe we all know the answers its about going through the process and not getting in our own way if that makes any sense (excluding RC which still has no rhyme or reason :x )

Supposedly February tests are weird, but I imagine that reputation is largely due to the fact that the immediate reactions of testers, rather than objective and retrospective reviews of the tests (because they are not released), are the main sources of information about them. Either way, I plan on reviewing some of the weirder game types on Friday (e.g. Dinosaur game, Bread Loaf game, maybe a mapping game, etc).

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:59 pm

I'm dedicating Friday to only games. One LR and RC in the morning then games.

Going to focus on the dinosaur, bus, 68 game 4 from hell, and lizards . Then do every game from 50s

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:18 pm

BankruptMe wrote:
90convoy wrote:

I am confused
71 is PT 71.

The Feb. 8 test is 71.5
Is the december test available for download?
Yes, it has been for a while

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:27 pm

Anyone going out/having fun tonight?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:34 pm

xylocarp wrote:Anyone going out/having fun tonight?
NO! Are you?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:42 pm

Miracle wrote:
NO! Are you?
No way haha, I'm actually in pajamas already and it's not even 8 PM :oops: I know what I'm doing all night!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:43 pm

xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:
NO! Are you?
No way haha, I'm actually in pajamas already and it's not even 8 PM :oops: I know what I'm doing all night!
What are you doing?

Im about to give my PT another chance :oops: i hope it works out this time around

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:03 pm

I did games this morning just soon LR now.

Tomorrow is RC and games. Why did the Super Bowl have to be Sunday thinking about powering through it.

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Miracle wrote:
xylocarp wrote:
Miracle wrote:
NO! Are you?
What are you doing?

Im about to give my PT another chance :oops: i hope it works out this time around
LG drilling all night. I have done so many games this week...

Good luck, you got this!

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:06 pm

I did RC 55 last night almost cried haha it was that bad. I read the last two passages and was like what the f did I just read

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:14 pm

As with a lot of you, I am also doing games tonight. Im thinking about doing 60-67 games and then some random ones

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:22 pm

Im about to give my PT another chance :oops: i hope it works out this time around[/quote]

Good luck, you got this![/quote]

Staying up the whole night? :idea:

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 pm

Games used to be the most enjoyable section for me, but after doing more than 50 of them over two evenings, they are losing their charm. What is this bizarre, backwards world in which people set up seemingly arbitrary rules governing such things as dinosaur figurine placement and choice of street foods? Why must we decipher their twisted clues?

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Advice please:

I am working my way through the PTs for the first time and intend to do 61 (last one in the compilation books) tomorrow. This will give five days before the test on which to do PTS (Sunday through Thursday). I do not own any of the 60s and 70s, and am thus trying to decide which ones to purchase.

I am leaning towards 66-68 (I hear that they have hard games) and 70 and 71 (most recent). Does this seem like a reasonable selection, or can people recommend other PTs that I ought to look at instead? I am most interested in ones with unusually hard sections (namely LG) or tight curves.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:26 pm

Miracle wrote:Im about to give my PT another chance :oops: i hope it works out this time around

Good luck, you got this![/quote]

Staying up the whole night? :idea:[/quote]
Oh no not at all. All night for me probably means until like... 11, haha. I'm trying to be less nocturnal for the LSAT.

random number

Bronze

Post by random number » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:31 pm

xylocarp wrote:Games used to be the most enjoyable section for me, but after doing more than 50 of them over two evenings, they are losing their charm. What is this bizarre, backwards world in which people set up seemingly arbitrary rules governing such things as dinosaur figurine placement and choice of street foods? Why must we decipher their twisted clues?
(Co-worker comes into office)

You: Hey, did you see where my yellow file went?

Co-worker: Yeah, I put it in one of the three cabinets by the window. It is not in the third drawer unless the green file is in the cabinet with the orange file. It also can't be with the red file. The purple file is in the second cabinet. By the way, what type of bread do you want for lunch?

W$RKliveWELL

Bronze

Post by W$RKliveWELL » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:34 pm

random number wrote:
W$RKliveWELL wrote:Also since 71 had a better curve doesn't that mean it was a harder exam? & does anyone know what the general consensus is on Feb exams I know their not disclosed but are their any rumors as to what to expect?

Supposedly February tests are weird, but I imagine that reputation is largely due to the fact that the immediate reactions of testers, rather than objective and retrospective reviews of the tests (because they are not released), are the main sources of information about them. Either way, I plan on reviewing some of the weirder game types on Friday (e.g. Dinosaur game, Bread Loaf game, maybe a mapping game, etc).
thanks! for everyone doing LG drilling are you guys doing the cambridge packets or literally just working your way through actual PT timed game secs?

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:37 pm

random number wrote:
xylocarp wrote:Games used to be the most enjoyable section for me, but after doing more than 50 of them over two evenings, they are losing their charm. What is this bizarre, backwards world in which people set up seemingly arbitrary rules governing such things as dinosaur figurine placement and choice of street foods? Why must we decipher their twisted clues?
(Co-worker comes into office)

You: Hey, did you see where my yellow file went?

Co-worker: Yeah, I put it in one of the three cabinets by the window. It is not in the third drawer unless the green file is in the cabinet with the orange file. It also can't be with the red file. The purple file is in the second cabinet. By the way, what type of bread do you want for lunch?
:lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”