February 2014 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
d0rklord

Bronze

February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Post by d0rklord » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:57 pm

Hello there.

Been lurking a long fucking time.

Probably have spent over $1000 pushing my test :X

But I'm finally clearing my schedule (besides working full time) and giving myself a realistic amount of time to study for this stupid sucker! Rather than signing up for the test 1-2 months before not studying due to panic and spending my hard earned cheddar moving it...

Fall 2014 I WILL BE IN LAW SCHOOL DANGIT!

Who's with me? :D

EDIT: i think we should try what Noodley did and have scheduled PTs and discuss them in chats the night after... I'm thinking Nov, Dec, Jan chalk full of PTs? Until then... learning and drilling!

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:46 pm

d0rklord wrote:Probably have spent over $1000 pushing my test :X

But I'm finally clearing my schedule (besides working full time) and giving myself a realistic amount of time to study for this stupid sucker! Rather than signing up for the test 1-2 months before not studying due to panic and spending my hard earned cheddar moving it...
I really do wish LSAC didn't charge people so much to postpone their test dates (or, at the very least, not charge as much, if at all, for subsequent postponements).

I see it all the time - people postpone again and again because work and school prevent them from having adequate time to study. The fees really do add up.

A large part of getting ready for the test, aside from learning the material, is figuring out how out to manage your time appropriately (given how much time is required to master the LSAT. You simply have to make LSAT prep a priority in your schedule, and it sounds like you've really committed to it this time.

d0rklord wrote:Fall 2014 I WILL BE IN LAW SCHOOL DANGIT!
That's the spirit!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:57 pm

d0rklord wrote:Hello there.

EDIT: i think we should try what Noodley did and have scheduled PTs and discuss them in chats the night after... I'm thinking Nov, Dec, Jan chalk full of PTs? Until then... learning and drilling!
You intend to apply in this upcoming cycle? Or next cycle

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:05 pm

d0rklord wrote: EDIT: i think we should try what Noodley did and have scheduled PTs and discuss them in chats the night after... I'm thinking Nov, Dec, Jan chalk full of PTs? Until then... learning and drilling!
Hey man. I'm still drilling, but I've started to sprinkle in a few PTs, and plan on hitting PTs harder come October/November. I'm planning on taking the December test, but if I don't feel completely ready/I don't get the score I want, I'll sit for the Febuary test.

I'd be down to discuss PTs though. How often are you planning on taking them?

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:35 am

Checking in. I was planning on taking it in October, but I decided not to rush things and instead give myself ample time. Just purchased the a cambridge drilling packets for LR. Excited for the ride folks .

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:41 am

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:47 am

checkin into this

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:53 am

d0rklord wrote:
also, I like this idea

silentnight

New

Post by silentnight » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:47 am

90convoy wrote:
d0rklord wrote:
also, I like this idea
Checking in and I also like this idea. I'm still pretty early in the process, working through LGB and LRB at the moment. Depending how they go I may do Manhattan as well or jump right into drilling with Cambridge bundles.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Clearly wrote:

This cycle...

I'm not a traditional applicant, though...

I'm applying to part time programs in the Los Angeles area, and just shooting for something local with a sizeable scholly.

My GPA is crap, 3.07, so I'm hoping a high LSAT will help leverage my scholly :D

So, despite the fact my goals aren't the same as a lot of the T14 or bust applicants, I still want to break 170 :)
scandk wrote:
d0rklord wrote: EDIT: i think we should try what Noodley did and have scheduled PTs and discuss them in chats the night after... I'm thinking Nov, Dec, Jan chalk full of PTs? Until then... learning and drilling!
Hey man. I'm still drilling, but I've started to sprinkle in a few PTs, and plan on hitting PTs harder come October/November. I'm planning on taking the December test, but if I don't feel completely ready/I don't get the score I want, I'll sit for the Febuary test.

I hope to take them 3 times a week, Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday! :) So take them in the morning/afternoon on weekends and discuss in Evenings and take em whenever Wednesday then discuss Thurs night :D And the other days will be used for drilling weaknesses, etc.

Over 3 months we'll prob kill 30+ tests, though!

With working full time that's probably as crazy as I'm going to get!

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:32 pm

LSAT Blog wrote: I really do wish LSAC didn't charge people so much to postpone their test dates (or, at the very least, not charge as much, if at all, for subsequent postponements).

I see it all the time - people postpone again and again because work and school prevent them from having adequate time to study. The fees really do add up.
!
I know I really kind of hate them for that... Especially when I push the test so far in advance... It should be free, unless it's 2 weeks before the test or something like that... I can't imagine them having $80 worth of preparations done a month before the test -_____-

But... in Los Angeles I have to book the test early or I'll get stuck at a far away or crappy test center... Catch 22 :(

Fingers crossed that I kick the test's butt this time around, once and for all!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:14 pm

Do necessary assumption questions trip anyone else up? I swear some days ill do 10-15 Level 3 or 4 questions and miss like half, and some days I'll only miss a couple.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:18 pm

d0rklord wrote:
Clearly wrote:

This cycle...

I'm not a traditional applicant, though...

I'm applying to part time programs in the Los Angeles area, and just shooting for something local with a sizeable scholly.

My GPA is crap, 3.07, so I'm hoping a high LSAT will help leverage my scholly :D

So, despite the fact my goals aren't the same as a lot of the T14 or bust applicants, I still want to break 170 :)
scandk wrote:

I hope to take them 3 times a week, Saturday, Sunday, and Wednesday! :) So take them in the morning/afternoon on weekends and discuss in Evenings and take em whenever Wednesday then discuss Thurs night :D And the other days will be used for drilling weaknesses, etc.

Over 3 months we'll prob kill 30+ tests, though!

With working full time that's probably as crazy as I'm going to get!
Hunting for scholarship money is like the number one reason to apply early, that's not just t14 advice, the schools literally spend their money before Feb scores will come out, would you consider sitting out a year and applying early?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:32 pm

90convoy wrote:Do necessary assumption questions trip anyone else up? I swear some days ill do 10-15 Level 3 or 4 questions and miss like half, and some days I'll only miss a couple.
Are you drilling straight through the level of difficulty; finish one before moving to the others, or are you mixing them up?

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:44 pm

Motivator9 wrote:
90convoy wrote:Do necessary assumption questions trip anyone else up? I swear some days ill do 10-15 Level 3 or 4 questions and miss like half, and some days I'll only miss a couple.
Are you drilling straight through the level of difficulty; finish one before moving to the others, or are you mixing them up?
I drill one level; finish, then drill another level. I haven't been mixing really

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:21 am

Hopefully none of you will need to retake and check into the June 2014 study group :D

Motivator9

Bronze

Post by Motivator9 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:58 pm

90convoy wrote:
Motivator9 wrote:
I drill one level; finish, then drill another level. I haven't been mixing really
Same here. The worry that I have is not doing enough review after Im completely done with a section. If I do S/N Assumptions first, then work my way through the packets, I won't have enough time to review those first lessons. Maybe I need to throw in some individual sections every now and then.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:17 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Checking in
wait aren't you taking dat Oct test?

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:25 pm

Post removed.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:54 am

So what's tcr for studying while reading the Manhattan LR? Any tips? Because I feel like I'm not really mastering the L3 and L4 questions, especially ones dealing with formal logic.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:01 am

90convoy wrote:So what's tcr for studying while reading the Manhattan LR? Any tips? Because I feel like I'm not really mastering the L3 and L4 questions, especially ones dealing with formal logic.
...practice formal logic?

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:03 am

Post removed.

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:05 am

God I hope to not be in this thread. Will check back in post Halloween.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:05 am

PourMeTea wrote:
Clearly wrote:
90convoy wrote:So what's tcr for studying while reading the Manhattan LR? Any tips? Because I feel like I'm not really mastering the L3 and L4 questions, especially ones dealing with formal logic.
...practice formal logic?
Yeah this is tcr. I practiced formal logic and it really helped me!
Do you diagram these types of questions on paper, or are you at the point where you just do them in your head?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”