February 2014 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
inlovewithpiper

Bronze

Re: February 2014 LSAT Study Group

Post by inlovewithpiper » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:21 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Does anyone know a site where I could purchase PT 71?
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2011/03/ls ... nload.html

You can buy them from here for 7.99 each, I believe. They get emailed to you in PDF format and you can save then view/print as many times as you want.

Edit: 9.99.
Last edited by inlovewithpiper on Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:38 pm

BentleyLittle wrote:Does anyone know a site where I could purchase PT 71?
It's not out yet. but the LSAC site

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:47 pm

jk148706 wrote:Gonna take a fresh PT to see where I am then maybe register and join ya'll
Welcome! :)

kirbyb

New

Post by kirbyb » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:41 pm

Question: is it possible to apply with a previous score and basically tell schools, "if you like this score, accept me now. If you're leaning towards denying, please wait until my Feb score"

I want to apply this cycle and I have a solid score I'm fine with but obviously a higher score would mean more acceptances and higher money. But, applying later in the cycle means less $$$ and spots available to be offered to me. Basically, I don't want to miss out on money.

Lock74

New

Post by Lock74 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:01 pm

Checking in. December retaker with a 3.9 163. I definitely underperformed in all sections but I'm glad I got the experience of a first take and I'm looking forward to the next 5 weeks of prep and hopefully being done with this motherfucker.

I am mainly going through manhatten lr and the trainer again with a focus specifically on lr. I plan on mostly book plus drilling work for the next couple of weeks and then moving back into pts.

I was doing a pt a day leading up to the test and felt as if I was kinda burning out so I'm going to study a little lighter this next time around and hopefully be fresher on game day. Aiming for a 5 to 7 point improvement

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:19 pm

So, after doing about 12 LG's today, I drilled 25 LR, level 4 difficulty questions. I want to strong recommend not to do this. It killed my spirits and pretzeled my brain. There's something about hard LR questions that saps brain power...

I did manage to only miss a few questions. But, after about the tenth question, my analysis powers were drained and I was just answering questions-- not good!

In the future, I think maybe 15 hard LR questions is the way to go.

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:24 pm

What kind of hard LR?

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:27 pm

Sufficient assumption, MBT, MSS,

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:18 am

Just took PT 64, and it was pretty disheartening. Silly me for thinking I could take a 6-day trip/study break and not see the results. -4 LG (much worse than my timed drilling had been), -5 RC (worst I've EVER done), -1 -2 LR (content with that actually) for a total raw score of 89, scaled 171. Aiming for 173 in February, and I want to account for the typical test day drop with my PTs. This was one of my two worst PTs since my initial cold diagnostic.

I guess I'll just keep on drilling LG like crazy. I think my RC performance was at least in part a function of it being the last section (and I was exhausted), so I'm not going to worry about that unless it happens again. Starting 3 PTs/week tomorrow.

It is crunch time, let's do this.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Alvanith

New

Post by Alvanith » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:23 pm

Checking in.
I was going to take the Dec 2013, but postponed to Feb 2014.
Hope it would go well:)

Lock74

New

Post by Lock74 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:13 pm

Well over the past two days I've made it to the flaw chapter in mlsat lr and reread all of the trainer except the lr sections since I want to use it along with mlsat lr. Recently retook pt 55 lg and rc and got -3 in both with 3 to 4 min to spare on both. The plan is todo a lg and rc section a day from recent but used pts and rework books and drill lr. Pt 58 this Saturday.

BentleyLittle

Bronze

Post by BentleyLittle » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:33 pm

PT 71 has been released, folks!

zhenders

Silver

Post by zhenders » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 pm

xylocarp wrote:Just took PT 64, and it was pretty disheartening. Silly me for thinking I could take a 6-day trip/study break and not see the results. -4 LG (much worse than my timed drilling had been), -5 RC (worst I've EVER done), -1 -2 LR (content with that actually) for a total raw score of 89, scaled 171. Aiming for 173 in February, and I want to account for the typical test day drop with my PTs. This was one of my two worst PTs since my initial cold diagnostic.

I guess I'll just keep on drilling LG like crazy. I think my RC performance was at least in part a function of it being the last section (and I was exhausted), so I'm not going to worry about that unless it happens again. Starting 3 PTs/week tomorrow.

It is crunch time, let's do this.
I feel you on RC in the last section; placement doesn't screw with me for anything but RC; the only truly bad (-5 or worse) RC sections I've done have come at the end of a test.

+1 on crunch time, btw. Let's kill it, all :-)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:14 am

PT55 tomorrow.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:26 am

Just saw wolf of wall street and its an inspiration to go to law school, no matter what side of things you're on :mrgreen:

Baby_Got_Feuerbach

Silver

Post by Baby_Got_Feuerbach » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:59 am

Had my best LR section yesterday, -1 in 35 mins. (Hadn't done any 35 min PTs in awhile so I broke this one up, taking about 30 mins between sections just to review.) Then -5'd on the LG section.

BankruptMe

Silver

Post by BankruptMe » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:13 am

Checking in. 32 days to go. I have 2 more weeks of winterbreak to get some intense studying in.

URM. Anything Above a 165 and I will be satisfied.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:25 am

Anyone want to take/talk about PT 52 tonight or tomorrow? Maybe do a Skype/TinyChat type thing? I'm probably gonna take it tonight; starting 3/week this week.
Last edited by xylocarp on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

wwbeyoncedo

New

Post by wwbeyoncedo » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Posted this in the June thread but wanted to let you all know as well!

Just wanted to drop in and let you all know if you have any questions about prep, especially retakes, feel free to PM me. I went from 165 in Oct '13 to 177 in December. I'm not big on posting but I'm happy to help if you're interested; especially you lurkers out there. :wink:

Cheers!

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Pt 55

LR -8
RC- -7
LG - 8 (!)

consistently screwing up logic games, I think my problem stems from the change that has occurred in new games.

Hopefully I can get LR down to sub -5 when it's game time.

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:21 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Pt 55

LR -8
RC- -7
LG - 8 (!)

consistently screwing up logic games, I think my problem stems from the change that has occurred in new games.

Ha! I got the same score.

That bus game screwed me up. And the first game I messed two up :/

RC really screwed me too.

Gunna redo the RC and just do individual RC sections. For some reason, I didn't feel too confident in that LR section.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

90convoy

Silver

Post by 90convoy » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:45 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Pt 55

LR -8
RC- -7
LG - 8 (!)

I did that PT a while back too. There is an abrupt change in LG starting at 57 so be ready.

EDIT: I don't mean to scare you, some think the 60s LG are easier.

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Killed it on Oct LSAT (on first time). Studied from beginning of July through week of test. I used manhattan lsat, cambridge, and official prep tests. PM me if you have any questions.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:26 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:

Pt 55

LR -8
RC- -7
LG - 8 (!)

Gunna redo the RC and just do individual RC sections. For some reason, I didn't feel too confident in that LR section.
I haven't looked at the bus game yet but it was definitely tricky. I reviewed RC, and overall, it was pretty standard. There was a tough passage on Chinese talk story, and a REALY tough parallel question about linen and wool. The last passage was easy, just two economists arguing about tulips, however, there was another REALY tough parallel question.

Also, I went back and reviewed my missed LR and I was only able to correct two questions of eight. I hope that was due to fatigue ( :!: ).
I did that PT a while back too. There is an abrupt change in LG starting at 57 so be ready.

I hope the 60's are easier because I'm a LG idiot.

Anyways, thinking PT 63 next, who's with me?

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:39 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:

Pt 55

LR -8
RC- -7
LG - 8 (!)

I haven't looked at the bus game yet but it was definitely tricky. I reviewed RC, and overall, it was pretty standard. There was a tough passage on Chinese talk story, and a REALY tough parallel question about linen and wool. The last passage was easy, just two economists arguing about tulips, however, there was another REALY tough parallel question.

Also, I went back and reviewed my missed LR and I was only able to correct two questions of eight. I hope that was due to fatigue ( :!: ).

I hope the 60's are easier because I'm a LG idiot.

Anyways, thinking PT 63 next, who's with me?
Totally. I thought the tulip passage was easy, but as I was running out of time I didn't give the answers as much analysis as I wanted. The bulk of my missed questions come at the end of the section whether it's LR or RC. I'm doing ok within the questions of 1-20, but after that I just go downhill. That's my focus.

Are you skipping around on PT's? I'm going year by year...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”