running out of material

elg

running out of material

Postby elg » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:35 pm

I took the the oct 2012 test and have been studying for the oct 2013 since about may. I went through a good amount of the tests studying the first time and have been going through more this time. My question is how can i avoid running out of material too early? Between drilling and pts i don't have much left.

HandToGod

Re: running out of material

Postby HandToGod » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't really have any tips for maximum utilization of your remaining "new" material, but I don't think it will hurt you to go over stuff you have seen before.

(1) A lot of it was probably long enough ago that it will still feel new. You won't remember all the nuances of a particular LG or each LR answer.

(2) For LR, your ability to understand how an argument functions is crucial for success. Just because you've seen it before doesn't mean there's nothing left to learn. By studying arguments that have appeared you better prepare yourself for what's thrown at you on test day.

(3) For LG, repeating games can help you with timing and pattern recognition. Most people here encourage you to do all the games a minimum of 2-3 times.

Good luck

Trajectory

Re: running out of material

Postby Trajectory » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:57 am

I happened to be in the exact same spot as you too. October 2012 to October 2013. Running low on material, at least on recent things. But I figured if I needed to repeat I would repeat the things I did first which I probably dont remember (I had everything written down so thats how I knew from my first time prepping). I thought it wouldnt help much since I had seen most material but actually, I barely remembered anything. Maybe 1 logic game that gave me a hard time...1 passage for the same reasons..if that. Remembered zero answers and basically no LR. So I've been slowly going over the material and Ill even take some older PTs which I have not worked on. I mean Ive seen 50-60+ but like 20-49 I've used for a lot of drilling. When I see something I have a vague memory of, I try to focus even more on my technique and strategy for solving problems/questions rather than understanding, since naturally it would be easier to understand the second time around I suppose.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”