Progress Report. any advice?

Chriz

Progress Report. any advice?

Postby Chriz » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:14 pm

I have finished the Manhattan LR, I am working through the MLG and will shortly start the MRC. I have also done the LGB, LRB, and skipped the RCB. The first time I took the test I scored a 160. I had a test that felt like it went terribly wrong today that ended up being a 163. My high is still only a 167 thought with an average of 164 over my last 5 tests. I am at the stage where if I do well in one section another suffers and vice-versa. RC is now my worst section instead of LG but if I get a LG I don't understand it hurts me a lot. I have made huge improvements in LR, usually -5 max for both. I am planning on doing 3 PTs a week leading up to the exam. Is there any other advice I should take? Do you think I could get into the 170s by October? I always understand all of my mistakes and most are just oversight. I am really beginning to have a deep understanding of everything but the RC. I want to make the best use of my last couple months.

patfeeney

Re: Progress Report. any advice?

Postby patfeeney » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 pm

Chriz wrote:I have finished the Manhattan LR, I am working through the MLG and will shortly start the MRC. I have also done the LGB, LRB, and skipped the RCB. The first time I took the test I scored a 160. I had a test that felt like it went terribly wrong today that ended up being a 163. My high is still only a 167 thought with an average of 164 over my last 5 tests. I am at the stage where if I do well in one section another suffers and vice-versa. RC is now my worst section instead of LG but if I get a LG I don't understand it hurts me a lot. I have made huge improvements in LR, usually -5 max for both. I am planning on doing 3 PTs a week leading up to the exam. Is there any other advice I should take? Do you think I could get into the 170s by October? I always understand all of my mistakes and most are just oversight. I am really beginning to have a deep understanding of everything but the RC. I want to make the best use of my last couple months.

Are you blind reviewing?

I used to think all of my mistakes were oversights. I was PTing around 163-164 then. I now realize that there are serious reasons and deficiencies that cause 90% of my mistakes. My last three PTs have been above 170.

Your mistakes are rarely, if ever, "just oversight."

EDIT: Also, wasting 3 PTs a week is pointless if you're not intensively reviewing every question. Look into blind review and really get into it. Spend more time reviewing your questions than actually answering them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”