Best prep materials to drill LR questions

marginwalker

Best prep materials to drill LR questions

Postby marginwalker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:05 pm

I'm in the process of very carefully working through the LR Bible and am looking for prep materials that will be good resources to drill the various question types.

One thing that I'm concerned about is buying a grouped-by-type question packet and using the questions included in the packets that are sources from previous LSAT PTs, resulting in me having less full PTs to use when I get to the stage of doing mostly PT prep.

How did you guys do this? Is this a totally irrational concern? Did you pick up a grouped-by-type packet for, say, PTs 1-20 and use it to drill question types while just taking PTs after 20 during your PT-focused study phase?

clay7676

Re: Best prep materials to drill LR questions

Postby clay7676 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:08 pm

Get the Kaplan Mastery book set. Has them all organized from flaw, infrence, principal, assumption, parallell, strengthen and weaken, paradox, method of argument, point at issue, and Roll of a statement. They come from, it looks like, the 1-40 PT's.

marginwalker

Postby marginwalker » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:11 pm

so, weird question, will that make my PTs using tests 1-40 less effective? I just keep reading about how the amount of real LSATs are finite, and it is best to try to make every question count, etc.

clay7676

Postby clay7676 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Well, I'm no expert, but I don't think they include them all, and you should get the tests 41-65 or so, and you can get the even newer ones for a little more $. That way you have over 20 fresh tests to take for whenever you need.

objection_your_honor

Postby objection_your_honor » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Yes, the source PTs won't be as useful as diagnostics after you've drilled those questions. But you'll still have PTs 41 - 69 for that.

I like Cambridge LSAT for this because you can order them as PDFs for printing/repeating. They also sell question types individually if you don't want to spring for the full bundle.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”