December 2013 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Hotguy

Bronze

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 am

tanes25 wrote:
Hotguy wrote:Reached 25% 7sage yesterday. Mostly review stuff as far as content goes, but JY is such a good instructor.
Also did one trainer chapter and drilled rc.
I'm about 45% through now. I bought the basic course. I'm just now starting on the reading comp section. I skipped ahead a while back and started on the first lessons for the LG. Are you sticking strictly to the syllabus? I dont think I'll do the additional lessons on the same LR question types. I'll do the ones that say they're harder though. I just feel like I'll get enough practice drilling. I tend to drill whatever I reviewed the night before the next day. The last five weeks of the syllabus are PT. One a week. That's not enough. How many do you take a week? I'm skipping all of the additional lessons to start the PT earlier. I haven't taken a PT since the initial diagnostic because I was pretty much a beginner when I started the course and I dont think I'll see much improvement on a PT halfway through the course. Once I'm done with all of the lessons I'm gonna take the initial PT over again to see if there's any improvement there.

Oh, JY is the man! lol
I'm not sticking to the syllabus at all, it looked like it was way less than I planned.
Starting October, I will be doing 2-3 pts a week. November I might even 4 at times.
Right now, I'm doing 7sage when I get tired from drilling or reading since the videos seem to be easier to do when you're tired. I had read PS lr and lg, and mlsat lr and lg(2nd edition) before, so i'm just going to try to finish reading the 3rd edition for both mlsat lr and rc along with the trainer. By the time I'm done I will probably have done about 20 fresh pts and about 10 repeats. If I still don't feel confident I might even have weeks where I will do a pt a day in the am and review at noon.

What did u diagnostic at? I would probably do another pt if I were you after you get the hang of LG.

vicpin5190

Silver

Post by vicpin5190 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:39 am

Ran through a couple chapters of the trainer yesterday, chapters 16 through 19 (i had a call with someone til around 7:30ish so there wasn't much time in the day to do anything).

Plan tonight is to do a section of LGs and drill some LRs, plus a chapter of the trainer....

ML4410

New

Post by ML4410 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:42 am

Hello all,

I have been preparing to take the October LSAT (first time taking the test). However, these past few weeks have been extremely chaotic. Not only has work been consuming, but professors have piled on the assignments as of late. To top things off, I was sick this past weekend with a fever and was stuck in bed for a good portion of two days.

This week is the first time that I have taken tests from recent years. Previously, I had worked through nearly three of the "10 official LSAT test" booklets, with tests dating from the 90s. My average scores with those tests ranged from a 164-168. I have now taken two more recent tests and each time scored a 161. The minimum goal I had for myself was a 165. I'm sincerely considering waiting until December to take the test.

I have never taken an LSAT course. If I wait until December, at the very least I will take some type of advanced online course.

Any advice?

*I should note that I am applying this cycle. However, I will likely not be applying to too many "reach schools" as I would prefer to attend a school where money is less of an issue and my LSAT score is sitting snug within the expectations.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:28 pm

Hotguy wrote:
tanes25 wrote:
Hotguy wrote:Reached 25% 7sage yesterday. Mostly review stuff as far as content goes, but JY is such a good instructor.
Also did one trainer chapter and drilled rc.
I'm about 45% through now. I bought the basic course. I'm just now starting on the reading comp section. I skipped ahead a while back and started on the first lessons for the LG. Are you sticking strictly to the syllabus? I dont think I'll do the additional lessons on the same LR question types. I'll do the ones that say they're harder though. I just feel like I'll get enough practice drilling. I tend to drill whatever I reviewed the night before the next day. The last five weeks of the syllabus are PT. One a week. That's not enough. How many do you take a week? I'm skipping all of the additional lessons to start the PT earlier. I haven't taken a PT since the initial diagnostic because I was pretty much a beginner when I started the course and I dont think I'll see much improvement on a PT halfway through the course. Once I'm done with all of the lessons I'm gonna take the initial PT over again to see if there's any improvement there.

Oh, JY is the man! lol
I'm not sticking to the syllabus at all, it looked like it was way less than I planned.
Starting October, I will be doing 2-3 pts a week. November I might even 4 at times.
Right now, I'm doing 7sage when I get tired from drilling or reading since the videos seem to be easier to do when you're tired. I had read PS lr and lg, and mlsat lr and lg(2nd edition) before, so i'm just going to try to finish reading the 3rd edition for both mlsat lr and rc along with the trainer. By the time I'm done I will probably have done about 20 fresh pts and about 10 repeats. If I still don't feel confident I might even have weeks where I will do a pt a day in the am and review at noon.

What did u diagnostic at? I would probably do another pt if I were you after you get the hang of LG.
My diagnostic was only 141!! :oops: I'm really curious to see how much I've progressed and I guess afraid to see how much more I have to go! lol

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:44 pm

ML4410 wrote:Hello all,

I have been preparing to take the October LSAT (first time taking the test). However, these past few weeks have been extremely chaotic. Not only has work been consuming, but professors have piled on the assignments as of late. To top things off, I was sick this past weekend with a fever and was stuck in bed for a good portion of two days.

This week is the first time that I have taken tests from recent years. Previously, I had worked through nearly three of the "10 official LSAT test" booklets, with tests dating from the 90s. My average scores with those tests ranged from a 164-168. I have now taken two more recent tests and each time scored a 161. The minimum goal I had for myself was a 165. I'm sincerely considering waiting until December to take the test.

I have never taken an LSAT course. If I wait until December, at the very least I will take some type of advanced online course.

Any advice?

*I should note that I am applying this cycle. However, I will likely not be applying to too many "reach schools" as I would prefer to attend a school where money is less of an issue and my LSAT score is sitting snug within the expectations.
Take both, you're scoring around your desired score. If you don't perform well you can always take December.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:52 pm

tanes25 wrote:
rushmore wrote:Wondering if anyone can give input to a studying-related problem of mine.

I get tired really easy. Mild headache and just general physical discomfort after studying for about an hour. I graduated from University having not studied very much (Engl major, mostly reading, class, and papers). Not sure what I can do to improve my mental stamina?

Did 1 hour of LR today and then felt exhausted, haha. Could it be that I'm just accustomed to thinking in a LSAT way?

I sleep enough, exercise regularly, and eat pretty healthy too. I guess nothing to do but keep at it?
Is there a section that you like more than others? When I get fed up I start doing LG. I like the games so while I'm still studying I'm not frustrated or bored out of my mind. Exhaustion kind of goes out the window for me with LG just because you have to be so in tuned to what you're doing. If that wont work for you just take a 30-45 min break and get back on it. You'll have to push through that or you'll never be ready to go beyond an hour. Good luck! :mrgreen:
If I get tired, I go to LGs. I think they are fun and require less focus.

akechi

New

Post by akechi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:22 pm

Checking in.

I have been prepping for October since August, but have come to realize that I am not nearly where I want to be before the test date. My LG performance ranges from -0 to -4 and I have yet to hammer out the details of my LR and RC sections. I've done every single LG from PTs 1-38, at least twice, and will hopefully move onto PTing around mid-Oct after I finally finish up my LR drilling.

Much like the lot of you, I will be aiming for a 172+ come December. Let's keep each other accountable and motivated.

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:08 pm

akechi wrote:Checking in.

I have been prepping for October since August, but have come to realize that I am not nearly where I want to be before the test date. My LG performance ranges from -0 to -4 and I have yet to hammer out the details of my LR and RC sections. I've done every single LG from PTs 1-38, at least twice, and will hopefully move onto PTing around mid-Oct after I finally finish up my LR drilling.

Much like the lot of you, I will be aiming for a 172+ come December. Let's keep each other accountable and motivated.
Welcome!

I'm having similar issues as you. My LG mistakes are minimal, but my LR and RC sections need improvement.

The next 2 months will be fun.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:16 pm

HeavenBeyond wrote:

Welcome!

I'm having similar issues as you. My LG mistakes are minimal, but my LR and RC sections need improvement.

Hey guys,
There's a free mlsat class tonight with Birdwell. It starts later today. You guys should definitely go.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Hotguy wrote:
HeavenBeyond wrote:

Welcome!

Hey guys,
There's a free mlsat class tonight with Birdwell. It starts later today. You guys should definitely go.
Is this online?

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:19 pm

HeavenBeyond wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
HeavenBeyond wrote:

Welcome!

Hey guys,
Is this online?
Yep.

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Much like the lot of you, I will be aiming for a 172+ come December. Let's keep each other accountable and motivated.[/quote]

Welcome!

The next 2 months will be fun.[/quote]
Hey guys,
There's a free mlsat class tonight with Birdwell. It starts later today. You guys should definitely go.[/quote]

Is this online?[/quote]
Yep.[/quote]

Do you have a link?

Thanks,

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:42 pm

Thanks - Signed up! :D

Hopefully he can tackle some Sufficient Assumption/Necessary Assumption questions.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:44 pm

HeavenBeyond wrote:
Thanks - Signed up! :D

Hopefully he can tackle some Sufficient Assumption/Necessary Assumption questions.
No problem. Cya there.

cookiecrisp

Bronze

Post by cookiecrisp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Question on PT 19 Section 2 Question 10 which states:
Last edited by cookiecrisp on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

crestor

Bronze

Post by crestor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Can't wait to get in that manhattan thing. Their lr lg rc books are worth ten times their retail.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:02 pm

cookiecrisp wrote:Question on PT 19 Section 2 Question 10 which states:

This is the answer, which I was debating between another:
were true.
[/i]
Is this a typo? The only thing that tripped me up was the wording.
Bro edit this out asap!
Not a typo btw, just awkwardly worded. Reason for it being awkward is the referential language being used("that") is not directly related to anything, since the answer is using that word in an abstract way that leads to a "thing". Hope that makes sense.
Last edited by Hotguy on Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cookiecrisp

Bronze

Post by cookiecrisp » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:07 pm

Hotguy wrote:
cookiecrisp wrote:Question on PT 19 Section 2 Question 10 which states:

This is the answer, which I was debating between another:
were true.
[/i]
Is this a typo? The only thing that tripped me up was the wording.
Bro edit this out asap!
Not a typo btw, just awkwardly worded.
OOps

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:08 pm

Read above for the* answer to ur q.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:05 pm

I just started RC and I already have a headache. I'm not even sure what can be done to improve on the section. I know how to read, duh! Lol But no really. I guess you have to be more conscious of referential phrases, switch in viewpoints, keeping track of which viewpoint belongs to who, determining each persons conclusion/MP, etc. Time is definitely going to be an issue for me I can already see it. To those who have been taking PT have you been finishing the entire RC section?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:26 pm

tanes25 wrote:I just started RC and I already have a headache. I'm not even sure what can be done to improve on the section. I know how to read, duh! Lol But no really. I guess you have to be more conscious of referential phrases, switch in viewpoints, keeping track of which viewpoint belongs to who, determining each persons conclusion/MP, etc. Time is definitely going to be an issue for me I can already see it. To those who have been taking PT have you been finishing the entire RC section?

I'm not finishing on time yet but I drilled RC for the past 2 days (a total of 18 passages) and I have already seen improvement.

riku33090

Bronze

Post by riku33090 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:27 pm

Just finished the Necessary Assumption Drill Lv1 Difficulty questions, got 68/78. Most mistakes are due to not being careful but good thing i was able to correct my mistakes.

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:56 pm

riku33090 wrote:Just finished the Necessary Assumption Drill Lv1 Difficulty questions, got 68/78. Most mistakes are due to not being careful but good thing i was able to correct my mistakes.
68/78 - that's awesome!

Are these the Cambridge drills?

I need to work on SA/NA questions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”