December 2013 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 pm

dosto wrote:
koalacity wrote:Also, I would add that one thing that was really key for me was learning when to accept that I needed to move on from a particular question/game and come back to said problematic question/game only if time permitted. I had to do this with game 3 in October (the theaters game)-if I had stubbornly stayed working on it until I was confident of every AC, I probably would've ran out of time to do game 4 properly (which was an easy game, and I would've lost a bunch of gimme points). Instead, I moved on to 4, finished it easily, and was able to go back to 3 and finish the questions that had given me trouble without panicking or running out of time.


This is golden advice. I did the same thing (except with two questions in game 2) and had the same experience. Obviously skipping applies to all sections, but you really stand to benefit from looking at games in particular from a different perspective.



this is something i've been working on for RC. I often find myself chewing away time because I can decided between an answer choice. I try my best to cut the rope when it seems like all hope is lost at the moment and then pray that i have time to come back.

We'll see. I'm taking a lighter day today of just a RC section timed and some light drilling. I'm giving myself 2 more real days of studying and then just going to keep myself sharp the last 2 days.

User avatar
Metaplay
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Metaplay » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:02 pm

Woo!! Fee waiver from Penn approved!

User avatar
Metaplay
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Metaplay » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Did some drilling on PT67 today. If zones/subzones is on the actual test, I'll take it as a sign from God that I shouldn't be a lawyer.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby ftbchamp231 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:00 pm

I decided after a long day to Drill the RC sections from 62-65 timed. I did 65 and went -2 (went -5 the first time) and went -4 on 64 (-6 the first time). I am going to take a nap and do the rest.

In october my LSAT was LG expRC LR LR RC and I wanted to end it all by the end of the last passage. RC is the bane of my existence and I will sacrifice 20 of my finest bulls to the LSAT gods if they give me an experimental LG for the last section.

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby bound » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:54 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:I decided after a long day to Drill the RC sections from 62-65 timed. I did 65 and went -2 (went -5 the first time) and went -4 on 64 (-6 the first time). I am going to take a nap and do the rest.

In october my LSAT was LG expRC LR LR RC and I wanted to end it all by the end of the last passage. RC is the bane of my existence and I will sacrifice 20 of my finest bulls to the LSAT gods if they give me an experimental LG for the last section.



Same boat. Literally if RC is last.....I may cry.

User avatar
ManoftheHour
Posts: 3403
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:00 pm

This will probably be my last post until after the exam. Barring being accepted into the police academy, this will be my 4th and final LSAT.

As a 4th time taker, I am just going to leave some last minute but very obvious advice:

-If you do not have the picture for your test day admission ticket, get that shit taken care of NOW. Not Thursday. Not Friday. Now. Why anyone would want to worry about this kind of stuff so close to the exam is beyond my comprehension. Just get to your local pharmacy and get that shit done.

-Make sure your name on your ID and your admission ticket match. It has to EXACTLY match. I've seen three people that were turned away because of this.

-Make sure you pay a visit to your testing site. Make sure you use the same method and the same GPS device (if you're using one) on this trip that you will use on test day. I only say this because during one of my exams, I paid a visit to my testing site using directions from google maps. On test day, I decided to just input the address into my car's built in GPS system. That TTT GPS took me near a lake 5 miles away from my test site. No joke. Luckily for me, I decided to go to my site 2 hours earlier than I had to so I was able to get to my site without much panic. Don't let this happen to you. TTTechnology can let you down at the most unsuspecting times.

-Lastly, you never know what kind of shiTTTy things can happen in the world on test day. Traffic. Accidents. Give yourself some generous spare time than is needed to get to your test site.

We've got this man. We've read the books. We've learned the strategies. We've drilled. We've timed. We've PTed countless exams.

One last PT. Just have to do what we've been doing for the past few months.

Time to dominate.

See you all on the other side.

xmking07
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby xmking07 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:33 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:This will probably be my last post until after the exam. Barring being accepted into the police academy, this will be my 4th and final LSAT.

As a 4th time taker, I am just going to leave some last minute but very obvious advice:

-If you do not have the picture for your test day admission ticket, get that shit taken care of NOW. Not Thursday. Not Friday. Now. Why anyone would want to worry about this kind of stuff so close to the exam is beyond my comprehension. Just get to your local pharmacy and get that shit done.

-Make sure your name on your ID and your admission ticket match. It has to EXACTLY match. I've seen three people that were turned away because of this.

-Make sure you pay a visit to your testing site. Make sure you use the same method and the same GPS device (if you're using one) on this trip that you will use on test day. I only say this because during one of my exams, I paid a visit to my testing site using directions from google maps. On test day, I decided to just input the address into my car's built in GPS system. That TTT GPS took me near a lake 5 miles away from my test site. No joke. Luckily for me, I decided to go to my site 2 hours earlier than I had to so I was able to get to my site without much panic. Don't let this happen to you. TTTechnology can let you down at the most unsuspecting times.

-Lastly, you never know what kind of shiTTTy things can happen in the world on test day. Traffic. Accidents. Give yourself some generous spare time than is needed to get to your test site.


See you all on the other side.


To add one tip, try to arrive at the testing center early enough to sit in your vehicle and do an LG or two (ones you're very familiar with) and about 8 LR questions in the start of a section (the easy ones) to just get your mind going. Its an early morning test and you basically hit the ground running. Try to be warmed up for it at the very least. I'll get there at 7:45 a.m. for a small and not busy testing center. Also, get a good meal, preferably one with carbs and protein to help you through the test without getting distracted by hunger.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 pm

Did 2 timed sections of RC today from PT 48 and 46.

Went -2 and -6. So....still all over the place but things are a little more under control with RC than it was last week when i was throwing out -8's and -9's like it was my job.

Feeling a little under the weather, so time for bed.

User avatar
Mauve.Dino
Posts: 171
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:55 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Mauve.Dino » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:14 am

Good luck, guys! You don't even need it, though, because you're all gonna rock this test so hard!

:mrgreen:

User avatar
jam313
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby jam313 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:29 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
-Make sure your name on your ID and your admission ticket match. It has to EXACTLY match. I've seen three people that were turned away because of this.


First and last name match exactly, but LSAT ticket doesn't have my middle name while my drivers license does. This is not an issue, correct?

User avatar
usernotfound
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby usernotfound » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:15 pm

jam313 wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:
-Make sure your name on your ID and your admission ticket match. It has to EXACTLY match. I've seen three people that were turned away because of this.


First and last name match exactly, but LSAT ticket doesn't have my middle name while my drivers license does. This is not an issue, correct?


It's only first and last name. Middle name and suffix don't count according to the response I got when I emailed them a couple months back.

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby OVOXO » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Good luck everyone. I’m going to stay off TLS until Saturday around 1 pm. 24 PTs later and finally done. 173 avg and 173 mode — I’ll take that on t-day for sure.

Remember to stick to your processes for each section, work around tough LGs by spending a min to make inferences (or brute forcing if that’s your style), and follow all the analysis steps on LR. The test on Saturday is just another PT. We got this.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Slept 13 hours last night and took a day off from work to recuperate further. Feeling a lot better than I was last night, and extremely pleased with my decision.

One final push with studying today and them I'm going to call it until Saturday. Probably will do 2 timed sections, both LR, and do some heavy RC drilling.

Worlds my oyster. Scores in general have been consistent, and I've taken a total of 24 PTs. Anything goes on Saturday but I'm ready for the best. Time to make my dreams happen.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby ftbchamp231 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:27 pm

I took PT 69 today and I absolutely crushed it. I have taken it before but this felt like brand new material to me. I remembered the LG topics once I read them but I definitely didn't have an advantage with the questions.

96 Raw, 177 scaled

LR1: -2
RC: -2 I am thrilled about this, I usually go -4 to -6 but I changed my strategy this past weekend and it seems to be working
LG: -0 This is my first perfect section, I always get one wrong, always
LR2: -0 !!!! I have gone -1 once, When I put it in LSATqa I thought I got them all wrong at first when they showed up the same color.

So I am having an awesome day. For RC I did a couple of sections and highlighted in the passage where all of the information was that answered the questions. It made me realize the information is always there, and I was able to check my answers against the passage before moving on. The two I got wrong were synthesis questions, those are nothing but trouble for me. It has been said before, but thinking of the passage like a LR stim really helped me. I underlined the main point(s) of the paragraph to reference and it helped me get the big picture.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:56 pm

I already have a cancelation from a year ago, do you guys know how bad would it look to have 2 cancelled scores on record? I'm debating if I should risk it and take December or just take February. I'm not feeling 100% ready for December but I think there's a good chance I can get my desired score (LG is a crapshoot).

User avatar
Hotguy
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Hotguy » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:19 pm

dasani13 wrote:I already have a cancelation from a year ago, do you guys know how bad would it look to have 2 cancelled scores on record? I'm debating if I should risk it and take December or just take February. I'm not feeling 100% ready for December but I think there's a good chance I can get my desired score (LG is a crapshoot).

Take the test.

User avatar
Metaplay
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Metaplay » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Hotguy wrote:
dasani13 wrote:I already have a cancelation from a year ago, do you guys know how bad would it look to have 2 cancelled scores on record? I'm debating if I should risk it and take December or just take February. I'm not feeling 100% ready for December but I think there's a good chance I can get my desired score (LG is a crapshoot).

Take the test.


This. A bad score isn't going to kill you. Most schools just care about the highest.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Went through some light studying just now. Did a couple of games, a handful of assorted LR questions from PT 32 (no rhyme or reason, just did like 3 from 1-5, 3 from 10-15, 3 from 20-25). Did 2 reading comp passage from an earlier PT and then jumped into a timed LR section from PT 58 (a redo from the PT i took a couple months back)

Went -2 on the LR section, so I'm feeling more and more confident moving forward. Even though it was a redo of the section I felt pretty good going through it and it had been long enough that I really didn't remember the questions that well.

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby ftbchamp231 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:55 pm

I guess Michigan likes something about my candidate profile. They just sent me a booklet and a fee waiver with a note from the dean of admissions :shock: I am at their median LSAT (168) and if they are going by my LSAC GPA I am exactly at their median (3.72), if they go by my undergrad GPA I am exactly at their 75% (3.83). Their dean likes my Finance degree. Just like she likes everyone else's degree who scores well enough haha.

That was a nice little surprise though, if it was Penn I would have considered cancelling my test and applying today :P

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:15 am

Metaplay wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
dasani13 wrote:I already have a cancelation from a year ago, do you guys know how bad would it look to have 2 cancelled scores on record? I'm debating if I should risk it and take December or just take February. I'm not feeling 100% ready for December but I think there's a good chance I can get my desired score (LG is a crapshoot).

Take the test.


This. A bad score isn't going to kill you. Most schools just care about the highest.


Thanks guys.. I'm taking it! :)

User avatar
alecks
Posts: 155
Joined: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:24 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby alecks » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:24 pm

I still don't know if I should take. I know I need more time to hit my goal, and I already have a 148 on record from 2011. I'm already registered for February... and I'm currently scoring about 6-7 points lower than I want to be. Wondering if I should take and cancel, or just withdraw and go for February, ~just in case~ I have to retake in June anyway...

User avatar
Metaplay
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Metaplay » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:28 pm

Just finished PT64.

LR1: -1
LG: -4 (yikes!)
LR2: -3
RC: -4

171

RC being the last section didn't bother me that much, I'll take a -4 on the actual test since I'm usually at -5 to -7. Missing 4 on LG was dissapointing since I usually get -0. I'm really frustrated at this point, gonna review after lunch. I do feel like I'm doing a better job of pacing RC passages.

User avatar
RCO2012
Posts: 705
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby RCO2012 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:32 pm

Good luck this weekend everyone! You're going to kill it!

User avatar
bound
Posts: 1083
Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:49 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby bound » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:50 am

Good luck everyone! I'll catch ya'll on the other side (aka the December waiter's forum).

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:25 pm

Good luck tomorrow, everybody! See you in the waiters thread :)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cianchetta0, towel13661 and 2 guests