December 2013 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
ftbchamp231
Posts: 161
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:02 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby ftbchamp231 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:43 pm

I hated PT66's games. It seemed like I had to brute my way through each one of them and I finished bubbling right as time expired. I still went -2, I misinterpreted number 19. I thought it meant to list all of the places the solo could possibly be, not just at one time.

I finished the first LR with 8 extra minutes and went -3, they weren't ones I was expecting so going back probably wouldn't have done much. I went -2 on the second LR section and that one took me pretty much the whole time. It seems like this is a pattern for me, finishing the first one with a few minutes to spare and the second one with much less time.

RC I went -3 and this was a huge relief, I have been going around -5/-6 the last few tests. I switched up my strategy a bit and I hope that is what got me the extra couple of points.

So I got a 170, I hope December's curve is a little more generous than -10... I will be drilling flaw and most strongly supported questions tonight, after I work on some end of semester presentations :(

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:28 pm

wealtheow wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:Anyone talking PT 70 tomorrow?


Me! Or today. I'm either doing that or drilling RC :P

I'm at work on a day off so I'll see how my mood is later. bllgh.



I'm at work too! but no day off....

I'm planning on drilling RC today. I've run out of passages though so I'm going to have to dig back to some material that has already been used :/

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:32 pm

Just took PT 65 - either these games were pretty simple or it all started to make sense now. Both LRs were straight-forward as well, imo. RC was average which, to me, usually means -8 or so and brought me to 5 points lower than where I want to be next Saturday. I still haven't decided if I should withdraw or take but for now, it's review tonight and PT 66 tomorrow.

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2607
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby MikeSpivey » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:44 pm

With a week to go I thought I would post this blog about the LSAT game day mindset (apologies for the regurgitation if you have read it before):

http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/oct-5t ... conquered/

This actually was out most popular blog article of all time, although highly skewed by the fact someone posted it on reddit. Hope it helps!

Mike

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby OVOXO » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:59 pm

171 on pt 70 and absolutely destroyed on LR (-9 total)

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dosto » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:47 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Got destroyed by PT70. I'm pretty bummed right now.

LR#1 - 3
RC - 9
LG -0
LR#2 -7

Raw off 82, score 165.

My RC scores have been plummeting all of a sudden on LSATs....i literally have no answers any more.

User avatar
Gamine
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:03 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Gamine » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Took PT 68. 173

That voicemail/website game just baffled me. :shock:

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:05 pm

So I got money taken out of my bank account (completely unexpectedly) and now I only have enough for 2 PTs because I only get paid on the 6th. Which PTs do you guys recommend taking? I haven't taken PT66-70 and I already bought 70 so I need to buy 2 more from 66-69. Damnit, this is all that I fucking needed to happen the week before the test after spending thousands of dollars on LSAT material.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:19 pm

dasani13 wrote:So I got money taken out of my bank account (completely unexpectedly) and now I only have enough for 2 PTs because I only get paid on the 6th. Which PTs do you guys recommend taking? I haven't taken PT66-70 and I already bought 70 so I need to buy 2 more from 66-69. Damnit, this is all that I fucking needed to happen the week before the test after spending thousands of dollars on LSAT material.



Go 68 and 69, makes sense to cover the last 3 test leading up to the test.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:27 pm

wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:38 pm

wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.


Give me your RC skills and i'll give you some of my LG skills. I think we both come out on top in this situation :D

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.


Give me your RC skills and i'll give you some of my LG skills. I think we both come out on top in this situation :D


RC skills? what are those like? LOL

with the movie game, i totally missed that some can be shown SIMULTANEOUSLY - they were organized by SCREENS, not DAYS. i only realized on the last question. there was really no way to recover at that point, haha.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:49 pm

wealtheow wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.




Give me your RC skills and i'll give you some of my LG skills. I think we both come out on top in this situation :D


RC skills? what are those like? LOL

with the movie game, i totally missed that some can be shown SIMULTANEOUSLY - they were organized by SCREENS, not DAYS. i only realized on the last question. there was really no way to recover at that point, haha.


Apparently I've gained negative skills in the last 2 weeks LOLOLOL :D :) :| :( :cry:

And yes with the movie i found the optimal set up was 3 a layer diagram.

You do something like this

edit: apparently this didn't show right, but basically you list 7, 8 , 9 vertically, block out the 8 o clock slot on screens 1 and 2, and then block out the 7 and 9 slots with screen 3.

Where the X's represent a block out of times and the then you see quickly the 2 open slots for screens 1 and 2, and then the solo opening for 3. It also shows W could occupy either 7 on 1/2 or 8 on 3, etc.


I was super excited that this came to me quickly since I heard this game was the trouble maker on the actually test. But then i graded the test and RC hammered me and i cried. I never cry. And then I went for a run and hammered 5 miles in under 30 minutes

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby 062914123 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:52 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:54 pm

bee wrote:
wealtheow wrote:
vicpin5190 wrote:
wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.


Give me your RC skills and i'll give you some of my LG skills. I think we both come out on top in this situation :D


RC skills? what are those like? LOL

with the movie game, i totally missed that some can be shown SIMULTANEOUSLY - they were organized by SCREENS, not DAYS. i only realized on the last question. there was really no way to recover at that point, haha.

i mean if it makes you feel better, on the real thing i missed every question but the first question on movies :oops:


I can see how test day nerves could affect how you read a specific set up, but that game really didn't seem challenging to me. Hell, i thought the game before was harder? Though overall i found the entire section to be pretty easy with regards to games.

dosto
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:50 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dosto » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:03 pm

.
Last edited by dosto on Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:24 pm

I love going through PTs in review and then realizing that you missed 2 questions because of blatant carelessness.

God I hate my brain sometimes.

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby 062914123 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:36 pm

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Hotguy
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:33 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Hotguy » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:56 pm

wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.


I'm taking that tomorrow. Nothing to fear, looks like the - 4 was actually just a minor lg mistake. Other than that you did great!

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:20 pm

Reviewed my pt from this morning, saw some obvious mental mistakes made which makes me feel like it may have been more of a one off thing than a fundamental issue.

Drilled an RC passage (re-did PT61's RC section), and scored -6 (-2,-2,-1,-1), which was a 3 pt improvement from when I did the passage last time in a PT.

I'm going to keep drilling RC tonight and go to bed. I hate RC.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Hotguy wrote:
wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.


I'm taking that tomorrow. Nothing to fear, looks like the - 4 was actually just a minor lg mistake. Other than that you did great!


:) thanks, i think i needed to hear (er, read) that.

vicpin5190 wrote:Reviewed my pt from this morning, saw some obvious mental mistakes made which makes me feel like it may have been more of a one off thing than a fundamental issue.

Drilled an RC passage (re-did PT61's RC section), and scored -6 (-2,-2,-1,-1), which was a 3 pt improvement from when I did the passage last time in a PT.

I'm going to keep drilling RC tonight and go to bed. I hate RC.


i just finished some RC drills. re-did 70, and understood all of them. did 65, went -6, and didn't get why i got some wrong. cried and did 64, got -1. wat. i think i just need to take a chill pill.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:06 am

wealtheow wrote:
Hotguy wrote:
wealtheow wrote:wow 70 was awful. awful awful awful.

RC -5
LR1 -0
LR2 -3
LG -4
170

totally screwed up on the games.

my only consolation is that i'm hacking up my lungs. ughghhghghg. and also i'm ok with my LR performance. aside from that, i want to go cry. in fact i think i'll go do so now.

heading home to review even though i want to burn this test.



I'm taking that tomorrow. Nothing to fear, looks like the - 4 was actually just a minor lg mistake. Other than that you did great!


:) thanks, i think i needed to hear (er, read) that.

vicpin5190 wrote:Reviewed my pt from this morning, saw some obvious mental mistakes made which makes me feel like it may have been more of a one off thing than a fundamental issue.

Drilled an RC passage (re-did PT61's RC section), and scored -6 (-2,-2,-1,-1), which was a 3 pt improvement from when I did the passage last time in a PT.

I'm going to keep drilling RC tonight and go to bed. I hate RC.


i just finished some RC drills. re-did 70, and understood all of them. did 65, went -6, and didn't get why i got some wrong. cried and did 64, got -1. wat. i think i just need to take a chill pill.


I spent like 2 hours reviewing the last PT I literally sat through each question I got wrong in RC and looked for where it was in the passage. It became very evident to me that I was taking short cuts. I tried not doing that in my RC drilling and things are slowly improving. I'm just big ol' ball of stress right now. Luckily this coincides with law school exams for my friends (or grad school final papers and such) so everyone around me is just a big ol' ball of stress :D (except my co-workers who have no clue that i have any intentions of leaving and going to law school).

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 am

vicpin5190 wrote:I spent like 2 hours reviewing the last PT I literally sat through each question I got wrong in RC and looked for where it was in the passage. It became very evident to me that I was taking short cuts. I tried not doing that in my RC drilling and things are slowly improving. I'm just big ol' ball of stress right now. Luckily this coincides with law school exams for my friends (or grad school final papers and such) so everyone around me is just a big ol' ball of stress :D (except my co-workers who have no clue that i have any intentions of leaving and going to law school).



ahhhhh you are much smarter than me. i let slip my intentions and my coworkers all transformed into hyperbitches.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:09 am

Just finished PT 66. I got my best score ever on LG, a -1 that came from the 4th game (I kinda liked doing zones).

Can someone tell me if LR2 was significantly harder than LR1? I got like an extra 6 questions wrong compared to my LR average on LR2. It's really weird because I remember thinking it was easier than LR1 so maybe I fucked up because of stamina? (it was the last section)




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests