December 2013 LSAT Study Group

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:01 am

162 on PT 64. I had a total of 7 unanswered LR questions, 1 entire game, and 1 entire RC passage. I'm willing to do some really fucked up things to increase speed.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:01 am

vicpin5190 wrote:it's been a really rough two days for me mentally. I'm just not concentrating well at all. I'm thinking I may back off some this week and come back to the LSAT refreshed in a few days, maybe even til Sunday or something.


sounds like you need some naptime!

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby OVOXO » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:38 pm

PT SPB: FML

I’ve never taken a PT feeling so tired, groggy, and wanting to strangle the couple in front of me speaking so loudly in a library and doing absolutely zero work in their 3 hrs there.

Anyways…

LR1 −4 (ugh)
LR2 −2
LG −1 (actually ran out of time on this one)
RC −1
LRXJ2007 −4

Ran out of time on a routine LG section because of tiredness/ppl ahead of me. If I count the final 2 questions which I did with an extra minute, this is : 93/100 for a 176. If not, it’s a 90/100 for a 173, which I’ll take.

I’m going for a nap.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:29 pm

OVOXO wrote:PT SPB: FML

I’ve never taken a PT feeling so tired, groggy, and wanting to strangle the couple in front of me speaking so loudly in a library and doing absolutely zero work in their 3 hrs there.
.


ommgg hate that. i seriously don't understand it. why the hell are people in the library to talk. GET OUT OF THE LIBRARY.

although they sure are good for practicing under non-ideal conditions, i suppose.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:41 pm

ftbchamp231 wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Starting PT 64 in a few minutes. If anyone would like to review it together later tonight or tomorrow let me know.


I am taking 64 tomorrow morning if you are free tomorrow afternoon/evening.


Had some technical issues earlier today so I'm gonna start reviewing in about 30mins in case you're still down.

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby OVOXO » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:49 pm

wealtheow wrote:
OVOXO wrote:PT SPB: FML

I’ve never taken a PT feeling so tired, groggy, and wanting to strangle the couple in front of me speaking so loudly in a library and doing absolutely zero work in their 3 hrs there.
.


ommgg hate that. i seriously don't understand it. why the hell are people in the library to talk. GET OUT OF THE LIBRARY.

although they sure are good for practicing under non-ideal conditions, i suppose.


Honestly, you feel like shit after the PT. Then you look at your score and go “on test day, if I didn’t sleep the night before, felt tired as hell during the test, and could hear an obnoxious couple in the next room talking about pointless shit, this is the score I’d get” you feel better.

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby sashafierce » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Its 9pm where I live and I am still at work trying to meet a 12pm client report deadline...this is the second day in a row..2 days-->NO LSAT prep-->FML :evil:

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby OVOXO » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:35 pm

sashafierce wrote:Its 9pm where I live and I am still at work trying to meet a 12pm client report deadline...this is the second day in a row..2 days-->NO LSAT prep-->FML :evil:


investment banker?

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 pm

sashafierce wrote:Its 9pm where I live and I am still at work trying to meet a 12pm client report deadline...this is the second day in a row..2 days-->NO LSAT prep-->FML :evil:


Take it as time to rest and go hard the rest of the week. :)

I stayed up all night to try to fix my fucked up schedule of going to sleep at 3am every night but I accidentally fell asleep after breakfast, woke up at 5pm and missed work lmao.

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby sashafierce » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:43 pm

OVOXO wrote:
sashafierce wrote:Its 9pm where I live and I am still at work trying to meet a 12pm client report deadline...this is the second day in a row..2 days-->NO LSAT prep-->FML :evil:


investment banker?


I wish :) Financial Analyst :(

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby sashafierce » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:48 pm

dasani13 wrote:
sashafierce wrote:Its 9pm where I live and I am still at work trying to meet a 12pm client report deadline...this is the second day in a row..2 days-->NO LSAT prep-->FML :evil:


Take it as time to rest and go hard the rest of the week. :)

I stayed up all night to try to fix my fucked up schedule of going to sleep at 3am every night but I accidentally fell asleep after breakfast, woke up at 5pm and missed work lmao.


OMG 5pm :shock:

Something similar happened to me once, I took NyQuil for the first time went to bed at 9pm ended up waking up at 1pm the next day. I called worked and explained to them what happened, they were understanding.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:37 pm

sashafierce wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
sashafierce wrote:Its 9pm where I live and I am still at work trying to meet a 12pm client report deadline...this is the second day in a row..2 days-->NO LSAT prep-->FML :evil:


Take it as time to rest and go hard the rest of the week. :)

I stayed up all night to try to fix my fucked up schedule of going to sleep at 3am every night but I accidentally fell asleep after breakfast, woke up at 5pm and missed work lmao.


OMG 5pm :shock:

Something similar happened to me once, I took NyQuil for the first time went to bed at 9pm ended up waking up at 1pm the next day. I called worked and explained to them what happened, they were understanding.


lol, I was thinking about trying nyquil the other day, I'll keep that in mind haha.

Mrseth
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby Mrseth » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 pm

I think now u got the reply of your question that who are in the batch of December

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby vicpin5190 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:41 pm

Well, felt definitely more refreshed today, as I opted not to go for a run. As a consequence things were clicking a lot better. Did PT 55's LR section #1, -3 total, so meh but not bad either. Drilled some RCs and went -0 on all the passages i drilled (3). Going to do one more timed section, RC, and then call it a night.


Also, I'm running out of material. Lord help me.

ETA: RC went meh, -6 on PT42. 2nd passage killed me.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:52 pm

Does anyone know the adequate way to disclose LGBT info?

062914123
Posts: 1846
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:11 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby 062914123 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:54 am

.
Last edited by 062914123 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:28 am

bee wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know the adequate way to disclose LGBT info?

on your law school app?


Yup. My DS is going to be focused on something completely different so I was wondering where else I could mention it...

User avatar
mellow
Posts: 296
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:07 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby mellow » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:46 am

dasani13 wrote:
bee wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know the adequate way to disclose LGBT info?

on your law school app?

Yup. My DS is going to be focused on something completely different so I was wondering where else I could mention it...

Mine's in my DS. The only other time you can is when schools specifically have a place for it on the app. Cornell? and one other school in T14 I think.

You can try to do it subtly by mentioning a former or current boyfriend/girlfriend (sorry, didn't want to assume re your gender) in your statements. Or emphasize LGBT community activities in your resume, but they could easily assume you're just an ally.

Is there a reason you can't incorporate it into your DS? After all, it is a part of your identity. Even if you don't focus on it, you might be able to put in a sentence or two about how in addition to whatever you wrote, your experiences with being part of the LGBT community has improved your understanding of diversity.

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 am

melodygreenleaf wrote:
dasani13 wrote:
bee wrote:
dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know the adequate way to disclose LGBT info?

on your law school app?

Yup. My DS is going to be focused on something completely different so I was wondering where else I could mention it...

Mine's in my DS. The only other time you can is when schools specifically have a place for it on the app. Cornell? and one other school in T14 I think.

You can try to do it subtly by mentioning a former or current boyfriend/girlfriend (sorry, didn't want to assume re your gender) in your statements. Or emphasize LGBT community activities in your resume, but they could easily assume you're just an ally.

Is there a reason you can't incorporate it into your DS? After all, it is a part of your identity. Even if you don't focus on it, you might be able to put in a sentence or two about how in addition to whatever you wrote, your experiences with being part of the LGBT community has improved your understanding of diversity.


I don't know exactly how the DS works but I assumed it would be better if I focused on just one thing. I felt like my other softs (moved to US and learned English during high school) would make a stronger DS because my work and extracurriculars relate to that. But again, I just assumed the DS is supposed to focus on only one thing-- maybe I can incorporate LGBT stuff into it like you mentioned, I just don't know if it's gonna sound too forced because, as you can see, it doesn't have much to do with the primary focus of my DS.

User avatar
MikeSpivey
Posts: 2609
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 4:28 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby MikeSpivey » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:21 am

dasani13 wrote:Does anyone know the adequate way to disclose LGBT info?

on your law school app?[/quote]
Yup. My DS is going to be focused on something completely different so I was wondering where else I could mention it...[/quote]
Mine's in my DS. The only other time you can is when schools specifically have a place for it on the app. Cornell? and one other school in T14 I think.

You can try to do it subtly by mentioning a former or current boyfriend/girlfriend (sorry, didn't want to assume re your gender) in your statements. Or emphasize LGBT
community activities in your resume, but they could easily assume you're just an ally.

Is there a reason you can't incorporate it into your DS? After all, it is a part of your identity. Even if you don't focus on it, you might be able to put in a sentence or two about how in addition to whatever you wrote, your experiences with being part of the LGBT community has improved your understanding of diversity.


I don't know exactly how the DS works but I assumed it would be better if I focused on just one thing. I felt like my other softs (moved to US and learned English during high school) would make a stronger DS because my work and extracurriculars relate to that. But again, I just assumed the DS is supposed to focus on only one thing-- maybe I can incorporate LGBT stuff into it like you mentioned, I just don't know if it's gonna sound too forced because, as you can see, it doesn't have much to do with the primary focus of my DS[/quote]

As a general platform I think it is preferable to talk about one thing in your DS. In your case I would DEFINITELY 100% talk about BOTH your moving to the US/learning English in HS AND LGBT in the DS.

Good luck!

Mike

EDIT SORRY FOR THE QUOTE FAIL.

User avatar
wealtheow
Posts: 1034
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby wealtheow » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:57 pm

OVOXO wrote:
Honestly, you feel like shit after the PT. Then you look at your score and go “on test day, if I didn’t sleep the night before, felt tired as hell during the test, and could hear an obnoxious couple in the next room talking about pointless shit, this is the score I’d get” you feel better.



exactly. you feel so much better, because you know that if it happens on test day, those people are getting tossed the eff out of the room.

this is going to sound SO bad, but there is an employee at our library who has... i'm not sure, it must be some kind of condition, but she literally grunts and screams and mumbles nonsense and knocks shit over constantly the whole time she is there, and chugging along despite has been amazing conditioning for me. definitely makes me feel better, because i'm pretttttty sure that won't happen december 7th.


think i'm going to do 63 after work today, maybe at starbuckles.

User avatar
OVOXO
Posts: 180
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby OVOXO » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:01 pm

wealtheow wrote:
OVOXO wrote:
Honestly, you feel like shit after the PT. Then you look at your score and go “on test day, if I didn’t sleep the night before, felt tired as hell during the test, and could hear an obnoxious couple in the next room talking about pointless shit, this is the score I’d get” you feel better.



exactly. you feel so much better, because you know that if it happens on test day, those people are getting tossed the eff out of the room.

this is going to sound SO bad, but there is an employee at our library who has... i'm not sure, it must be some kind of condition, but she literally grunts and screams and mumbles nonsense and knocks shit over constantly the whole time she is there, and chugging along despite has been amazing conditioning for me. definitely makes me feel better, because i'm pretttttty sure that won't happen december 7th.


think i'm going to do 63 after work today, maybe at starbuckles.


Good luck with 62. PM me if you want to review later. I did it today.

meegee
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby meegee » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Good luck to December takers. I still kinda cringe when I look at my LSAT prep material. Time to burn them as a sacrifice to the gods.

On a more related note, here's a nice wiki page about testing centers. Some reviews and whatnot to give you a slight idea of what to expect.

--LinkRemoved--

10052014
Posts: 590
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:12 am

.

Postby 10052014 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:25 pm

.
Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
toshiroh
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:58 pm

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Postby toshiroh » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:56 pm

-3 on reading comp today. Hmmm... I would be content with that on test day, to be honest.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ashrice13 and 2 guests