cookiecrisp wrote:At a crossroads. Debating whether I should buckle down and take the exam on the 7th or get a refund and wait till June. Let me explain. I've been working full time and I've been lazy/discouraged from working. Generally I PT (I've probably taken like 4 full tests) in the low 160s. When I take the test untimed I hit 170+. I was thinking of giving notice at work from the 16th to Dec. 5th just going super hard and doing a PT every day, maybe even two. I can afford to do this because I am leaving the country for 10 months in January. If I do this I miss out on some extra money I'd make by working and possibly still get a shitty score if I don't figure out how to perform under pressure. My other choice is wait until June because the test isn't administered where I am going to be in February. Do a three month intensive prep because I will have much more free time and take it then. What do you guys think? Now or then? I really don't know what to do. I feel like shit about the whole thing. It isn't even laziness as much as cracking under pressure on timed PTs and getting totally discouraged. But if I take a leap of faith I might still royally screw myself and then kick myself over losing the extra money I could have made staying at work.
Take it June. A couple of weeks won't make much of a difference because, if you are in the low 160s, there is simply too much to master and not enough time to get both effective and efficient at it.
And don't be lazy about this. You need to be afraid of this test to motivate yourself to buckle down and go mad studying for it. Your lack of fear is disturbing. Maybe you should take it in December and see if luck favors you. If it does, then congratulations will be in order. If it doesn't, you will have manufactured your own fear. Win win?