December 2013 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Hotguy

Bronze

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by Hotguy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:25 am

Done for the night. Basically did 7sage all day long aside from one lsat trainer chapter (34) and one mlsat lg chapter. Ate twice today and didn't go to the gym. So I'm going at tomorrow at 7am.
Mental focus was pretty good today, even though it probably isn't recommended to study this much on a given day. Other than that everything felt fine. Feeling hungry for my next pt(most likely Wednesday).

Need to drill RC tomorrow, hopefully at least 4 sections.

I hope you guys also had a good day! Good night!

Dremasta

New

Post by Dremasta » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Hey everyone! Just wanted to check in to the study group for December. I was originally planing on taking October but have postponed to December since I wasn't consistently hitting my target score. I took the Blueprint online course and am currently focusing on strict practice testing and drilling for the next two months. I was wondering if anyone here has taken the Blueprint course and also read the Manhattan Guide for LR? Was the Manhattan guide helpful as an additional source? I am currently feeling comfortable with LG but can use a little bit more help with LR so I wanted to see if it would be worth picking up the guide for a review. Thanks!

chaoticx5

New

Post by chaoticx5 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:39 pm

Checking in with 2 months and 13 days left until the big day!

rushmore

New

Post by rushmore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:34 pm

Checking in also! Moved my test date from October to December. Let's do this.

Erickt26

New

Post by Erickt26 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:21 pm

7sage is amazing! working hard and investing time. It well pay off soon. Ill Keep you guys updated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello Everybody,

I was planning on writing in October, but I'm not quite at the level I need to be.

Looking forward to working with some of you over the next couple weeks!

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 pm

What are you guys plan for the next two months? Good to see some new people to get this study group going.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:19 pm

Hotguy wrote:What are you guys plan for the next two months? Good to see some new people to get this study group going.
Almost done with my LR Cambridge drills. Going to start PTing the start of October.

Still on the fence about 7Sage for LGs. I'm getting better at them, but I'm not confident in a -0 yet.

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:35 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Hotguy wrote:What are you guys plan for the next two months? Good to see some new people to get this study group going.
Almost done with my LR Cambridge drills. Going to start PTing the start of October.

Still on the fence about 7Sage for LGs. I'm getting better at them, but I'm not confident in a -0 yet.
Are you doing only 7sage for lg or did you go through mlsat as well? And I will start pting next month too, let me know if you want to do a group review.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:38 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:

I think LR is probably my weakest area at the moment. How do you like the Cambridge drills? Have you seen improvement?

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:39 pm

HeavenBeyond wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

I think LR is probably my weakest area at the moment. How do you like the Cambridge drills? Have you seen improvement?
Cambridge is just older lsat questions separated by type.
I think it's a great resource, especially if there is a specific question type that gives you trouble.

HeavenBeyond

New

Post by HeavenBeyond » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Hotguy wrote:
HeavenBeyond wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

I think it's a great resource, especially if there is a specific question type that gives you trouble.
Oh okay, I misunderstood! Yes, I've been practicing the LR and LG sections from Cambridge. It's a great resource.

rushmore

New

Post by rushmore » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:23 pm

Wondering if anyone can give input to a studying-related problem of mine.

I get tired really easy. Mild headache and just general physical discomfort after studying for about an hour. I graduated from University having not studied very much (Engl major, mostly reading, class, and papers). Not sure what I can do to improve my mental stamina?

Did 1 hour of LR today and then felt exhausted, haha. Could it be that I'm just accustomed to thinking in a LSAT way?

I sleep enough, exercise regularly, and eat pretty healthy too. I guess nothing to do but keep at it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:37 pm

I had the same problem in the beginning. I couldn't go more than an hour without feeling mentally exhausted. I fixed it by gradually incrementing the amount of time I'd study without taking a break. I remember not knowing where I was during Section 3 of my diagnostic-- I was so tired after the first 2 sections lol. But then the next time I studied I only did 1 hour and I was fine. Then 1 hour and 30 minutes the next time (maybe 2-3 other times for the same amount), then 2 hours, etc. Eventually you'll get used to it, you'll see. But I can't go too long without studying for 4 hours at a time though because I'll lose my stamina. (That's why I'm always scared of taking days off.)

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:49 pm

bros, nofapping increases your energy

htfh

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:53 pm

Here's what I did to deal with mental fatigue and it worked for me. Now I can go about 6 hours nonstop, but I'm trying to get that to 8 hours. Note:not everybody can follow this method due to time constraints.

Study two hours, then two hours break, meaning nap or eyes closed. Do that for four times during a day(8 hours total, broken up in 4 sessions)
Increase half an hour on study after every week.
So for example:
Week 1- 2s-2b-2s-2b-2s-2b-2s-2b
Week 2- 2:30s-2b..
Week 3 - 3s-2b...

Edit:also, a bit cheesy but meditation does wonders for me.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

vicpin5190

Silver

Post by vicpin5190 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:58 am

coffee, lots of coffee. thats my go too...

michellemoon0708

New

Post by michellemoon0708 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:59 am

Hi,

I am preparing a December 2013 test and looking for people to motivate each other and study together. I figured I am more focused and efficient when I study with group of people. It would be helpful to time each other and share the thoughts/logics on each question. I live near Downtown LA. Anyone who is near Los Angeles is welcome to join me. Please message me at following [DELETED] Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Michelle

(edited to remove personal info; anyone who wants to contact OP should PM her)

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:27 am

Finally got home from a 5-hour study session. I did 4 timed sections of RC in a row. Saw a little improvement in timing but accuracy is the same. I think the only thing worse than doing RC sections is reviewing them. PT 51 tomorrow.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:51 am

Hotguy wrote:
HeavenBeyond wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

Thanks for the motivation yesterday :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:36 am

Erickt26 wrote:7sage is amazing! working hard and investing time. It well pay off soon. Ill Keep you guys updated.
+1

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:40 am

rushmore wrote:Wondering if anyone can give input to a studying-related problem of mine.

I get tired really easy. Mild headache and just general physical discomfort after studying for about an hour. I graduated from University having not studied very much (Engl major, mostly reading, class, and papers). Not sure what I can do to improve my mental stamina?

Did 1 hour of LR today and then felt exhausted, haha. Could it be that I'm just accustomed to thinking in a LSAT way?

I sleep enough, exercise regularly, and eat pretty healthy too. I guess nothing to do but keep at it?
Is there a section that you like more than others? When I get fed up I start doing LG. I like the games so while I'm still studying I'm not frustrated or bored out of my mind. Exhaustion kind of goes out the window for me with LG just because you have to be so in tuned to what you're doing. If that wont work for you just take a 30-45 min break and get back on it. You'll have to push through that or you'll never be ready to go beyond an hour. Good luck! :mrgreen:

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:21 am

Reached 25% 7sage yesterday. Mostly review stuff as far as content goes, but JY is such a good instructor.
Also did one trainer chapter and drilled rc.

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 am

Hotguy wrote:Reached 25% 7sage yesterday. Mostly review stuff as far as content goes, but JY is such a good instructor.
Also did one trainer chapter and drilled rc.
I'm about 45% through now. I bought the basic course. I'm just now starting on the reading comp section. I skipped ahead a while back and started on the first lessons for the LG. Are you sticking strictly to the syllabus? I dont think I'll do the additional lessons on the same LR question types. I'll do the ones that say they're harder though. I just feel like I'll get enough practice drilling. I tend to drill whatever I reviewed the night before the next day. The last five weeks of the syllabus are PT. One a week. That's not enough. How many do you take a week? I'm skipping all of the additional lessons to start the PT earlier. I haven't taken a PT since the initial diagnostic because I was pretty much a beginner when I started the course and I dont think I'll see much improvement on a PT halfway through the course. Once I'm done with all of the lessons I'm gonna take the initial PT over again to see if there's any improvement there.

Oh, JY is the man! lol

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”