December 2013 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Mojosodope

Silver

Re: December 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by Mojosodope » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Mojosodope wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Can someone explain to me how the answer to PT52, Section 1, Q16 is A? Seems pretty clear that it's E.
That answer is the opposite

E states anyone who believes in X believes in Y.
X is False, Therefore Y is false.

The correct answer should be Anyone who believes in Y believes in X. Y is false therefore X is False. Which is A
Crap, I must be tired. Thanks.
Your chillin on a 171, more power to ya for trying

tanes25

New

Post by tanes25 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:26 am

rebexness wrote:The Trainer is SO good guys. So good. I wish I had finished it before October.
What exactly is the trainer? Does it have diff methods? I think I'm getting hit with too many diff methods. Is it just drilling? Something like the Cambridge Pkgs?

toshiroh

Bronze

Post by toshiroh » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:46 am

So, I'm definitely loving 7sage. I'm about 30% through with it. It's reinforcing many concepts that I needed reinforced. I know that after I finish the program drilling will be the biggest thing. I'm to the point where I'm no longer scared of the LSAT. I used to literally psyche myself out before even attempting a section. Finally consistently going -0 -1 on Logic games. Next is really getting my timing under control for LR.

FlyingNorth

Bronze

Post by FlyingNorth » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm

Trainer should be here on Friday (spanks Amazon Prime).

Do those of you who have used the Trainer and PowerScore really think that the two conflict with one another?

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 pm

tanes25 wrote:
rebexness wrote:The Trainer is SO good guys. So good. I wish I had finished it before October.
What exactly is the trainer? Does it have diff methods? I think I'm getting hit with too many diff methods. Is it just drilling? Something like the Cambridge Pkgs?
?+

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:58 pm

tanes25 wrote:
The Trainer is a book. It involves drills, but they are about 100% more useful than any other prep book, imho.

Cambridge LSAT

Bronze

Post by Cambridge LSAT » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:11 pm

tanes25 wrote:
It's a strategy guide by Mike Kim (formerly of Manhattan LSAT) which covers all three sections of the test in depth.
The LSAT Trainer

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:36 pm

@ Tea and everyone else

I sat the October 2013 LSAT but I am sure that I did not do well because I did not finish any of the sections. Timing is my problem.

I have never finished a PT on time, I literally have to guess about 5-8 questions per section due to timing (current PT average 163)

I read Powerscore (all 3), Manhattan (all 3) and The Trainer. What I need help with is figuring out how to improve my timing. I have lots of drilling material from Cambridge (some of which I completed already but plan to re-do).

I read somewhere on the forum that I should time myself per question for now and then when I can get to 1.2 minutes (or less) for most of the questions, I should start doing timed sections then progress to timed PTs.

I have less than 4 weeks to master this strategy. What do you think? Is that am okay method to use to improve my timing?

Also does anyone have any tips for me? So far I knw about these tips:

1) First 10 in 10 minutes or first 15 in 15 minutes

2) Skip parallel/sufficient/match flaw questions until I am finished with the other easier questions

3) Try to predict answers before looking at answer choice for the first 10 questions, use process of elimination for the other 10+ questions.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 pm

PourMeTea wrote:You need this sort of familiarity for speed on the test. I don't know if this was the right approach, because even after my accuracy improved, the first time I timed a section, I bombed it. I probably could have guessed randomly and scored better.
This happened (is still happening) to me. I got really accustomed to over analyzing questions during my untimed drilling that I sort of started doing the same thing during timed sections.
PourMeTea wrote:10 in 10 and 15 in 15 is absolutely credited, but is obviously much easier once you've drilled all the questions by type. For most of the first 10 questions, and sometimes the first 15, I only need between 30-45 seconds. This frees up substantial time for the more time consuming parallel/difficult qs, which I am shit at. However, I think that after the 50s, the tests have begun to conform slightly less to the order of difficulty we're used to seeing and hearing about. I think that's irrelevant, sorry. I may have had a point but I've forgotten it over the course of the past two sentences.
This is true, the first 10 questions in the 50s then to have a few difficult/time consuming questions.
PourMeTea wrote:As for your 3rd tip, I would disregard this. Pre-phrasing ACs can be useful, but they can also land you in a trap. And, as I mentioned, LSAC seems to be switching up question difficulty order. Often, the credited answer can be something you didn't predict/something unexpected, and if you have pre-phrased it, there may very well be a trap answer that you immediately select, causing you to overlook the correct choice.
I understanding what your saying but its works so well sometimes :)

Thank you for the assistance...by the way you and everyone else in the waiting thread have convinced me that synchro is the shit I am ordering my synchro genesis this weekend :D

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:11 pm

Post removed.

happycitrus

New

Post by happycitrus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:28 pm

PourMeTea wrote:No problem! And I know I push Synchro like crack for the lulz, but it really is credited stuff and has helped a few of the October waiters with concentration and stamina. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

Also- if you don't make a smoothie with it (which I usually don't because I haven't the patience), use only half the suggested serving size. 2 big tablespoons, and then equal parts milk and water. Use lukewarm water first to dissolve the powdery bits, because it is not the most pleasant thing to have those little chalky balls clump in your throat. Then mix it in with milk (chocolate milk is also great).
I was intrigued by all the Synchro talk so I just ordered it from Amazon :) When do you usually drink it? Like first thing in the morning? I have a Vita-Mix so I'll probably just end up blending the Synchro into my daily smoothie.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:35 pm

Post removed.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

happycitrus

New

Post by happycitrus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm

PourMeTea wrote:
happycitrus wrote:
PourMeTea wrote:No problem! And I know I push Synchro like crack for the lulz, but it really is credited stuff and has helped a few of the October waiters with concentration and stamina. I can't wait to hear what you think about it!

Also- if you don't make a smoothie with it (which I usually don't because I haven't the patience), use only half the suggested serving size. 2 big tablespoons, and then equal parts milk and water. Use lukewarm water first to dissolve the powdery bits, because it is not the most pleasant thing to have those little chalky balls clump in your throat. Then mix it in with milk (chocolate milk is also great).
I was intrigued by all the Synchro talk so I just ordered it from Amazon :) When do you usually drink it? Like first thing in the morning? I have a Vita-Mix so I'll probably just end up blending the Synchro into my daily smoothie.
Awesome! I usually drink it first thing because it is HARD for me to get myself out of bed. I actually get excited to get up and make it because it is similar to looking forward to the first sip of your morning coffee. There isn't any jitteriness or lingering grogginess though, you just feel totally awake and ready to conquer the day. I don't even know how to explain it. I've also taken it EVERY DAY since the first day I got it, so I think if I went a day without it, the difference would be notable because I'm used to feeling sharp and energized in the AM now.

What do you put in your daily smoothie? Synchro has cacao and maca in it so it's good with milk, chocolate, bananas, etc.
My smoothie usually consists of kale, banana, blueberries, orange, walnuts, and ginger. It's super healthy and delicious :) I think the Synchro will go perfectly with it! Thanks tea, for letting us know it exists!
Last edited by happycitrus on Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:58 pm

Post removed.

happycitrus

New

Post by happycitrus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:08 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Let me know how it works for you, citrus!
Will do :)

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:11 pm

Post removed.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

cheme2014

Bronze

Post by cheme2014 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:13 pm

It's really hard to focus on PTing/drilling when my brain is worried about October LSAT score release and my PS (which is 0% complete)... ugh. :cry:

Retail therapy and doing nails seem to be TCR for me today. :lol:

Hope y'all are having better luck with prepping!

cheme2014

Bronze

Post by cheme2014 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:15 pm

PourMeTea wrote:The credited materials for success on the December LSAT:

img
Hahaha I actually have all of those items... :lol: #notashamed

ETA: Not a huge fan of the Black Pearl erasers, though. Wasn't impressed with them.
Last edited by cheme2014 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Post removed.

cheme2014

Bronze

Post by cheme2014 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:29 pm

PourMeTea wrote:Get the PS out of the way! First draft won't take too long and it'll help put your mind at ease. I'll take a look if you want another set of eyes.

And yep, retail therapy and nails are always TCR. My Essie collection has exploded out of control over the wait.
Aww thanks for the offer; I might take you up on that in the future ;)

Ugh just not really sure how I want to approach my PS... There were a LOT (caps lock most definitely necessary) of personal things I had to deal with in college that I could write about, but I don't want to make my PS sound like a sob story/fake. :/ On the other hand, I don't really have anything special I can think of that I could write about other than that. It's a lot harder than my PS for grad school I wrote last year since I mostly focused on research/courses taken for that one.

On a brighter note, I'm glad we agree! I love nail polish (possibly a bit too much) haha. My collection usually focuses on RBL, OPI, and Essie with some Butter London/China Glaze/random other brands thrown in. :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Hotguy

Bronze

Post by Hotguy » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:57 pm

PourMeTea wrote:The credited materials for success on the December LSAT:

Aside from mirado black warrior I agree lols

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Post removed.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:15 pm

Scored my goal score on my most recent PT this past Saturday. Obviously happy about it but having trouble keeping motivated since there's still a bunch of time to go. Anyone got good advice on how to proceed in the studying when this happens?

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:22 pm

Post removed.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”