Manhattan LSAT Online or Interact? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
grumpycat

New

Manhattan LSAT Online or Interact?

Post by grumpycat » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:06 am

Has anyone here taken the LSAT Interact course with Manhattan LSAT? Has anyone taken the online course with them? Could anyone let me know how both of them are in comparison to each other? not sure if i want to drop 400 more dollars on the online course, but i know myself and i know i need the structure of a course.

Also, has anyone tried the blueprint book for logic games? there are some users on here that got it for free, and I'd kind of like to hear other reviews besides those that got it for free.

One more thing, where can I find the cambridge drill packets?

Thanks in advance TLS! and sorry if this thread is a repeat, I just didn't see anyone comparing two manhattan lsat courses in the same thread.

Dynasty091

New

Re: Manhattan LSAT Online or Interact?

Post by Dynasty091 » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:31 am

Can't speak about Manhattan's online offerings but Blueprint's LG book is worth a read through. Compared to most LSAT guides its writing style is more conversational and less formal, making it a very easy read. But most importantly I learned a few useful strategies and it helped reinforce what I already knew prior to reading the book.

grumpycat

New

Post by grumpycat » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:40 am

Ohh okay. Thanks for your reply!
I think I'll end up investing in the BP book actually!

LegaleZy

New

Post by LegaleZy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:24 pm

I'm in the MLSAT Online Course now and one of the resources you receive with the class is total access to everything MLSAT offers, including Interact. I go to class for 3 hours Monday and use the Interact lessons to supplement what was taught in class. Interact is great because it responds to your answer choices, so the lessons are tailored to you. However, Interact goes a lot faster and the lessons are shorter than the actual course meetings. I also like being able to ask an instructor in class if I have an question and get direct feedback. If you can go at a faster pace and don't need an instructor I'd suggest going with just Interact.

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:21 pm

grumpycat wrote:Ohh okay. Thanks for your reply!
I think I'll end up investing in the BP book actually!
We have some reviews up on Amazon, so you can check them out!

And if you have any questions about the book itself, feel free to shoot them my way. I read through it several times while we were editing it, so I'm pretty familiar with it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:51 pm

Here are my thoughts on BP LG (didn't get a free copy; shelled out ~50 bucks for mine):

I went through the LGB and Manhattan LG first, and wasn't sure if it made sense to buy another LG book.

The reviews kind of convinced me, but ultimately, I bought the book because I thought the cover looked cool. LOLOLOL. Not the best reason. But it definitely worked out for me.

I'm not done with the book yet, but I personally prefer it to the LGB and MLSAT LG. It's a lot more conversational, as the other poster mentioned, and the quips in the book are hilarious. The Bill Clinton reference in one of the drills was classic. I also really like the format; they introduce the game type to you, then walk you through the game using their strategies, and then let you try it on your own.

The walkthroughs have really shown me that I jump into the games too quickly, without looking for major deductions, and that costs me both points and time. So far, the book has trimmed a few minutes off my time, in addition to helping me with accuracy.

If you're not -0/1ing LG, this book should pick up a few points for you, and I feel like $50 is a very cheap price to pay, considering the difference a few LSAT points makes in the long run.

Also, BPshinners: is blueprint planning on writing an LR book in the near future?

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:38 pm

scandk wrote:Also, BPshinners: is blueprint planning on writing an LR book in the near future?
We've got some pretty exciting, non-book programs in the pipelines (that will be generally available, not just for our students) that are taking up most of our resources (and that's all the info you're getting ;-) ). So any other books will be on the table after we roll those out!

scandk

Bronze

Post by scandk » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:40 pm

bp shinners wrote:
scandk wrote:Also, BPshinners: is blueprint planning on writing an LR book in the near future?
We've got some pretty exciting, non-book programs in the pipelines (that will be generally available, not just for our students) that are taking up most of our resources (and that's all the info you're getting ;-) ). So any other books will be on the table after we roll those out!
I'm excited. Hopefully this stuff comes out soon enough to be usable for us December takers!

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Silver

Post by Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:39 am

If the $300 difference in price doesn't make a difference, then go with the live online course, as you get teachers bugging you live, you benefit from the perspective and struggles of other students, and you get a half hour of tutoring each week. You also get the Interact lessons. The Interact lessons are interactive, but until we turn on skynet, we don't expect Interact to be as personalized as a live teacher. That said, we designed Interact to be a complete course in itself (you get the books, LSAT, etc.), so either way will work.

A few TLS reviews here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8#p6907905

As for the comment that Interact are shorter lessons, it's true that they probably move a bit faster (since it focuses on what you need and there's no listening to student answer questions), but it does cover at least as much as the online course does, and in many cases more (we include extra challenge sets, which are not part of the usual live online course--thus we include access to it for the live online students).

Good luck and reach out if you have any questions.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”