LSAT major help

clay7676

LSAT major help

Postby clay7676 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:14 pm

OK. I'm going to lay it out on the table cause I'm becoming highly frustrated. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I decided I was going to intensely tackle the LSAT so I could be prepared for December, February, or next June when I decide to take it. I'm scheduled to take an online PLSAT tomorrow, and a one at my university the next weekend. I have about 40 practice tests from years past and the Logic's game bible and the Logical Reasoning bible. I have been sporadically taking the test and going through the answers the with Answers/Explanation .pdf provided by Kaplan. I just took the practice online diagnostic from Princeton Review (kind of). I have also gone through parts of the logical reasoning bible and the logical games bible. Basically, I feel like I've gotten no where. I've spent a lot of time with taking practice tests and seeing how I do. I keep getting the same amount wrong, and I've learned how to tackle some things but when it comes to legitimately taking a practice section that is timed, I resort back to just trying to tackle it with my head rather than using any learned methods. Moreover, I think I'm sporadic and I may not be approaching this the right way and even more so I may be not as focused as I need to be as I always like to look up an answer right after I get it rather than going through the whole section. And sometimes, too, I get very frustrated when I get towards the end of, say, the Logical Reasoning section and I realize i'm getting them wrong. from my perspective I'm about, on average, -8 LR, -8 RC, and -8 LG, though I've done worse in each of those sections before. I'm really trying to get roughly a 165-170.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

jk148706

Re: LSAT major help

Postby jk148706 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:14 pm

clay7676 wrote:OK. I'm going to lay it out on the table cause I'm becoming highly frustrated. About 3 or 4 weeks ago I decided I was going to intensely tackle the LSAT so I could be prepared for December, February, or next June when I decide to take it. I'm scheduled to take an online PLSAT tomorrow, and a one at my university the next weekend. I have about 40 practice tests from years past and the Logic's game bible and the Logical Reasoning bible. I have been sporadically taking the test and going through the answers the with Answers/Explanation .pdf provided by Kaplan. I just took the practice online diagnostic from Princeton Review (kind of). I have also gone through parts of the logical reasoning bible and the logical games bible. Basically, I feel like I've gotten no where. I've spent a lot of time with taking practice tests and seeing how I do. I keep getting the same amount wrong, and I've learned how to tackle some things but when it comes to legitimately taking a practice section that is timed, I resort back to just trying to tackle it with my head rather than using any learned methods. Moreover, I think I'm sporadic and I may not be approaching this the right way and even more so I may be not as focused as I need to be as I always like to look up an answer right after I get it rather than going through the whole section. And sometimes, too, I get very frustrated when I get towards the end of, say, the Logical Reasoning section and I realize i'm getting them wrong. from my perspective I'm about, on average, -8 LR, -8 RC, and -8 LG, though I've done worse in each of those sections before. I'm really trying to get roughly a 165-170.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

You have plenty of time. Stay focused and put in the work. You will be OK.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:31 pm

You answered your own question. Stop doing shit your way, and apply methods that work...

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:11 pm

nice 'tar, stefan

Nova

Postby Nova » Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:15 pm

Use the guides in the stickies. Pithypike, DD, and Noodley's. Noodley's is my favorite

Dr. Dre wrote:nice 'tar, stefan

+1

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 am

Dr. Dre wrote:nice 'tar, stefan

<3 it

BigGuyGoing2LawSkool

Postby BigGuyGoing2LawSkool » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Make sure you stay focused and do not get carried away with looking up the answers before you finish a section. You have to be disciplined and use what you learn. It is like an undergraduate course math course in a sense, you do not know what is going to be on the exam but you can damn well study the methods and formulas to be ready for the exam.

:idea:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”