When to do the same questions/sections/tests over? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
carloney

New

When to do the same questions/sections/tests over?

Post by carloney » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 am

I can see how doing individual LG questions multiple times can be helpful, but is it necessary to do it upwards of 10 times (7sage print 10 copies method)? I guess I still need some convincing that memorizing a particular game is useful.

On that matter, how useful is it to do over LR and RC stuff? I always go over all of the questions whether or not I got them right or wrong.

I ordered the Cambridge LR grouped by type (I think it was 20-40), and hopefully that will help me fine tune my LR. On LR, I'm usually -4.

magickware

Bronze

Re: When to do the same questions/sections/tests over?

Post by magickware » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:53 am

How well are you doing on LG?

And is that -4 on combined sections, or individually?

carloney

New

Post by carloney » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:01 am

LR: -4 or -5

RC: -4 or -5

LG: Sad to say that I miss around a half. I recently finished the LRB and I'm getting into drilling.

Am I better off drilling LG sections from old LSATs 1-38, doing a new one each time, or should I focus on a smaller subset and do those over and over again memorizing them? Can anyone speak for 7Sage method of doing many copies of a game?

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 am

Then you will benefit from doing any game that you miss a question on over and over. Unless that miss is a stupid error on your part.

carloney

New

Post by carloney » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:02 pm

I meant LGB.

My fear is wasting my time studying the wrong way, thanks for confirming that it is good to do a single game multiple times.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 pm

Why do you think it'll be a waste of time?

If you're perfectly capable of getting a game 100% after reviewing it, then doing it 10 times is probably unnecessary.

But the point that you should be redoing games that you're not good at repeatedly until you're good at it stands. There's no particular reason why you should be doing new games, since the vast majority of games are basically the same thing with minor detail differences that really are meaningless.

wtrc

Gold

Post by wtrc » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:23 pm

Absolutely not a waste of time.

Two possibilities:

1) You redo a game or RC or LR within a week or two after doing it the first time. You probably remember some, especially if you reviewed well or watched an explanation video. But you do it fast, it boosts confidence, and you have that type of game solidly ingrained for the future and real thing.

2) Redo them months later. That's what I'm doing now in preparation for October. I actually remember very little (with the exception of a few inferences on tough LG's). Redoing is essential IMO.

carloney

New

Post by carloney » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:31 pm

Cool,
Thanks guys.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”