Live online LSAT course in Berkeley, CA (Powerscore)

LSACownsme

Live online LSAT course in Berkeley, CA (Powerscore)

Postby LSACownsme » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:30 am

Hi!

Has anyone taken Powerscore's live course in Berkeley recently or had any friends who did?
I have taken a Blueprint course last summer and ended up withdrawing from my Oct 2012 test :( I didn't feel prepared - was scoring in 150s.
Now that I'm about to take this Oct LSAT, I want to refresh my memory and have a structured study time. But, of course, I'm not too enthusiastic to spend another $1300 on a class that may not help.

Also, if you've taken the weekend live or online course, please share your thoughts, too!

If you recommend something totally different, that's cool too!

Thanks

Motivator9

Re: Live online LSAT course in Berkeley, CA (Powerscore)

Postby Motivator9 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:50 am

LSACownsme wrote:Hi!

Has anyone taken Powerscore's live course in Berkeley recently or had any friends who did?
I have taken a Blueprint course last summer and ended up withdrawing from my Oct 2012 test :( I didn't feel prepared - was scoring in 150s.
Now that I'm about to take this Oct LSAT, I want to refresh my memory and have a structured study time. But, of course, I'm not too enthusiastic to spend another $1300 on a class that may not help.

Also, if you've taken the weekend live or online course, please share your thoughts, too!

If you recommend something totally different, that's cool too!

Thanks

My experience with the class was this: first you need to find out who the instructor is, and you can call and they will give you information on who it is; second, you need to go into the class knowing that these classes are typically designed for the student who hasn't done much prep to begin with and wants to basically do 2 1/2 months of extreme lsat prep. I did it, and it wasn't for me. Even though I believe I had the best prep instructor, I needed more time to absorb the information, and quite frankly , I felt as if the course seemed like everything was being crammed in. That's my 2 cents worth. Hopes it's helpful.

LSACownsme

Re: Live online LSAT course in Berkeley, CA (Powerscore)

Postby LSACownsme » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 am

Thanks, Motivator9!
I can relate to that - I've taken the Blueprint course and felt very overwhelmed since I worked, went to school and had mom visiting from out of country for a month... their methods were okay - a lot of preloading that wasn't used afterwards. so looking for faster methods since my issue is timing mostly...

I am also considering taking the interactive Manhattan LSAT prep class that starts this Thu online...

Anyone else have advice?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”