Need a Tutor

maryrod40

Need a Tutor

Postby maryrod40 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:24 pm

Does anyone know a personal tutor in the Houston, Texas area? I am scheduled to take the LSAT in Oct, and would like to get some one-on-one tutoring.

thanks

wagiboy

Re: Need a Tutor

Postby wagiboy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:56 am

Try to use this link: http://www.tutorz.com/find/lsat/houston-tx..

Good luck

Lilly

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:21 pm

I'd be wary of tutors that do not specialize in the LSAT but instead list it along with several other unrelated tests/academic subjects that they tutor for. People that include LSAT along with a list of several other unrelated subjects typically are not experts on the LSAT that can provide much beyond teaching the basics of the test.

maryrod40

Postby maryrod40 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:56 pm

yeah, i've seen alot of that..............that is why I was hoping someone on this forum could recommend someone............. Thanks much

Jeffort wrote:I'd be wary of tutors that do not specialize in the LSAT but instead list it along with several other unrelated tests/academic subjects that they tutor for. People that include LSAT along with a list of several other unrelated subjects typically are not experts on the LSAT that can provide much beyond teaching the basics of the test.

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Skype isn't a bad option. I know Graeme, me, and I think a few other people on here do tutoring over Skype.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Yup, there's several of us that haunt these boards. Here's more about me.

ptittle

Postby ptittle » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:20 pm

hi maryrod, i sent you a pm a couple days ago, did you not get it?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:47 am

Graeme (Hacking the LSAT) wrote:Yup, there's several of us that haunt these boards. Here's more about me.

Yep, and so far four of us have posted in this thread so the OP already has four good options if she is willing to do skype tutoring instead of in person.
I hope she picks me! Image

Seriously though, OP, any one of us four tutors that have posted in this thread are most likely much more experienced and better LSAT tutors than you are likely to find in your local area. Tutors that are regulars here on TLS tend to be die hard LSAT fanatics with a lot of solid experience and a passion for helping people kick LSAT butt. Plus you can ask us some questions here to get more info about us if you want and review our post histories to screen us/check us out. You'll get more information that way about us than you'll be able to get about any potential tutor you find in your local area some other way before you hire anybody. Also, skype does work pretty much just as well and in some ways better than in person tutoring, it's not just a sales ploy to say that.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:57 am

I've PM'ed you, I actually know someone really strong in your area.

maryrod40

Postby maryrod40 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 am

Clearlynotstefan wrote:I've PM'ed you, I actually know someone really strong in your area.
Clearlynotstefan wrote:I've PM'ed you, I actually know someone really strong in your area.
I'm new to this site, so bare with me on navigating on the functions available ..like PM.

I will find PM and revert.

thanks

maryrod40

Postby maryrod40 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:42 am

Interesting concept..........I'll have to check it out!
NoodleyOne wrote:Skype isn't a bad option. I know Graeme, me, and I think a few other people on here do tutoring over Skype.

maryrod40

Postby maryrod40 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:43 am

I'm new to this site.....so let me navigate...
ptittle wrote:hi maryrod, i sent you a pm a couple days ago, did you not get it?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”