When did the LSAT click for you?

Chowfun

When did the LSAT click for you?

Postby Chowfun » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:20 pm

To elaborate, Im referring to constant study guides that claim the LSAT questions most notably in LR are similar or have the same pattern. Once the test taker finds out the pattern, a lightbulb goes off and all of a sudden the test becomes easy.

I want to know what is it about LR and LG that you guys find is predictable? What are the patterns that become recognizable? I hope this is making some sort of sense.

RodneyRuxin

Re: When did the LSAT click for you?

Postby RodneyRuxin » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:25 pm

It takes repetition and practice to have that lightbulb go off. If we could just tell you what the patterns were and hand you a good score, don't you think the study guides would too?

Once you practice enough, you'll start noticing that the test makers only have so many types of wrong answers they can throw at you. Once you can recognize them, and eliminate them, you're well on your way to a solid score.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:30 pm

After copious drilling, you just begin to know what to look for in the different question types. For example, in a flaw in the reasoning question you know you're looking for an error in reasoning that occurred between the premise and conclusion. Drilling this question type will enable you to mechanically identify the gap in reasoning. For LG, it's all about redoing games until you get comfortable making the right inferences prior to beginning the game; you also begin to instinctively predict what the correct answer to certain questions are after you get comfortable with the mechanics of LG. All this is predicated on continuous and consistent practice to gain familiarity with the test.

Chowfun

Postby Chowfun » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:46 pm

Thanks both of you. I sort of knew this would be the response. I have to continue drilling and practicing. I'm sure ill pick up on it.

Motivator9

Postby Motivator9 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:After copious drilling, you just begin to know what to look for in the different question types. For example, in a flaw in the reasoning question you know you're looking for an error in reasoning that occurred between the premise and conclusion. Drilling this question type will enable you to mechanically identify the gap in reasoning. For LG, it's all about redoing games until you get comfortable making the right inferences prior to beginning the game; you also begin to instinctively predict what the correct answer to certain questions are after you get comfortable with the mechanics of LG. All this is predicated on continuous and consistent practice to gain familiarity with the test.

Did RC ever click? I'm still have trouble with that section despite a month of drilling.

Chowfun

Postby Chowfun » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:36 pm

I also wanted to ask. When drilling LR and LG is it more beneficial to separate the games by type or randomize them? How many questions did/do you drill in one sitting? How often did/do you drill a day?

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Motivator9 wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:After copious drilling, you just begin to know what to look for in the different question types. For example, in a flaw in the reasoning question you know you're looking for an error in reasoning that occurred between the premise and conclusion. Drilling this question type will enable you to mechanically identify the gap in reasoning. For LG, it's all about redoing games until you get comfortable making the right inferences prior to beginning the game; you also begin to instinctively predict what the correct answer to certain questions are after you get comfortable with the mechanics of LG. All this is predicated on continuous and consistent practice to gain familiarity with the test.

Did RC ever click? I'm still have trouble with that section despite a month of drilling.

RC has not clicked. I have to reevaluate my approach to drilling/reviewing RC because I'm still anywhere from -2 to -9 which is too volatile for my liking

magickware

Postby magickware » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:17 pm

Doing questions while constantly questioning your methods and seeing methods that other people are using.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:32 pm

Yes RC will click eventually.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”