How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

User avatar
brendenbannon
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:45 am

Re:

Postby brendenbannon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:33 pm

blhblahblah wrote:Solid advice.


I second that.

User avatar
UVAchica
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby UVAchica » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:16 am

wen5000 wrote:Totally stole that from Sun Tzu, The Art of War.


let's stay on topic here

Image

Outlawed
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:34 am

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby Outlawed » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:27 am

UVAchica, if that is you in your 'tar, you look like my ex-gf. Weird. :shock:

User avatar
UVAchica
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby UVAchica » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Outlawed wrote:UVAchica, if that is you in your 'tar, you look like my ex-gf. Weird. :shock:


Yes it's me... and maybe I am :wink:

User avatar
Rocketman11
Posts: 612
Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:32 am

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby Rocketman11 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:49 pm

are you in law school UVAchica? Or is UVA just where you want to go.

Robert398
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:05 am

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby Robert398 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:21 pm

UVAchica wrote:
Outlawed wrote:UVAchica, if that is you in your 'tar, you look like my ex-gf. Weird. :shock:


Yes it's me... and maybe I am :wink:


hahahaha

NYCLawdegree
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby NYCLawdegree » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:47 pm

Rocketman11 wrote:are you in law school UVAchica? Or is UVA just where you want to go.


Yes, I would like to know as well so I may stalk, ahem..., I mean know it is you if we happen to run into each other. :twisted:

zzz
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby zzz » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:50 pm

NYCLawdegree wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:are you in law school UVAchica? Or is UVA just where you want to go.


Yes, I would like to know as well so I may stalk, ahem..., I mean know it is you if we happen to run into each other. :twisted:


Why? She looks just like any one of the girls on the porno sites where the theme is "Nerdy-Looking Sluts"

User avatar
UVAchica
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby UVAchica » Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:20 am

Rocketman11 wrote:are you in law school UVAchica? Or is UVA just where you want to go.


I am undergrad and want to go to law school there too.

User avatar
tellmebaby2
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby tellmebaby2 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:00 pm

NYCLawdegree wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:are you in law school UVAchica? Or is UVA just where you want to go.


Yes, I would like to know as well so I may stalk, ahem..., I mean know it is you if we happen to run into each other. :twisted:


lol that's not right

User avatar
UVAchica
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby UVAchica » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:42 pm

zzz wrote:
NYCLawdegree wrote:
Rocketman11 wrote:are you in law school UVAchica? Or is UVA just where you want to go.


Yes, I would like to know as well so I may stalk, ahem..., I mean know it is you if we happen to run into each other. :twisted:


Why? She looks just like any one of the girls on the porno sites where the theme is "Nerdy-Looking Sluts"


Wow no need to be a douche now.

User avatar
Lyov Myshkin
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby Lyov Myshkin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:06 pm

BURN!

User avatar
UVAchica
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby UVAchica » Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:21 pm

hkfortytwo wrote:BURN!


lol. Use this next time:

Image

User avatar
Lyov Myshkin
Posts: 232
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:28 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby Lyov Myshkin » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 pm

UVAchica wrote:
hkfortytwo wrote:BURN!


lol. Use this next time:

Image


hahaha... i actually thought that while i wrote it...

applejuice
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby applejuice » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:20 am

this is really good advice. lucky for me im in my soph year so i can start early. my girlfriend got an almost perfect score and she agrees with this thread, though she said that she would add the wall street journal in the reading section also.

thanks !

User avatar
tellmebaby2
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 7:52 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby tellmebaby2 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:41 am

applejuice wrote:this is really good advice. lucky for me im in my soph year so i can start early. my girlfriend got an almost perfect score and she agrees with this thread, though she said that she would add the wall street journal in the reading section also.

thanks !


like to practice for reading comp you mean?

Darth Topher
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:57 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby Darth Topher » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:55 am

cool thread

applejuice
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby applejuice » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:00 pm

tellmebaby2 wrote:
applejuice wrote:this is really good advice. lucky for me im in my soph year so i can start early. my girlfriend got an almost perfect score and she agrees with this thread, though she said that she would add the wall street journal in the reading section also.

thanks !


like to practice for reading comp you mean?



yeah...she pretty much said the same things as the original poster, basically to train your brain to read mundane articles, and that one day something will click and you will begin to understand them more. I started doing this for a month. I started with the Washington Post (i live in dc) and gradually moved up to the wsj. it has actually worked and i find myself getting excited when the i read an article and its only a tad boring as opposed to super. i even noticed that my tolearnce for gossip blogs (im a fan) slowly began to dissipate.

User avatar
UVAchica
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:27 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby UVAchica » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:33 am

applejuice wrote:
tellmebaby2 wrote:
applejuice wrote:this is really good advice. lucky for me im in my soph year so i can start early. my girlfriend got an almost perfect score and she agrees with this thread, though she said that she would add the wall street journal in the reading section also.

thanks !


like to practice for reading comp you mean?



yeah...she pretty much said the same things as the original poster, basically to train your brain to read mundane articles, and that one day something will click and you will begin to understand them more. I started doing this for a month. I started with the Washington Post (i live in dc) and gradually moved up to the wsj. it has actually worked and i find myself getting excited when the i read an article and its only a tad boring as opposed to super. i even noticed that my tolearnce for gossip blogs (im a fan) slowly began to dissipate.


Heyy washington post isn't mundane! :(

NYCLawdegree
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby NYCLawdegree » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:03 pm

What did everyone get on their LSAT?

User avatar
cougarlive
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:53 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby cougarlive » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:17 pm

Alf14997 wrote:This is a self-selecting forum. There is bound to be a large number of extremely high scorers.



Plus, nobody is going to start a threat called "How I scored below the mean on the Lsat: And you can too!"

Nonetheless, 50% score below the mean. Don't feel too bad if you don't get a 180.

User avatar
unfgolfer14
Posts: 36
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 am

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby unfgolfer14 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:23 pm

I'd agree that reading helps a lot. About a month or so before the test I pulled out the most dense economic novel I had (Capitalism and Freedom...great read if you get a chance) and everyday at work on my breaks I would try to read as fast as I could and still retain the information. I really think this helped out in the RC section..

yo!
Posts: 653
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:11 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby yo! » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:34 pm

wow...I feel awful now. I took my diagnostic test cold and only got a 150 (didn't think it was that bad at the time, but after reading this, my hope for a 20pt jump may be a little too much). I'm normally a decent test taker, but I do better on content based, rather than skills based tests. Any recommendations?

redskinsgibbs
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby redskinsgibbs » Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 pm

People lie on message boards. They claim i got this score for crediblity for people to read their post. If they said i got a 158 who would care what they would say?

jrs12
Posts: 100
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:47 am

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Postby jrs12 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:11 pm

Here's some advice if your first test was disappointing:
As you're working, don't think about what you need to be able to do in a couple of months. Think about what you need to do over the next couple of minutes. It takes time to get better, and if you expect immediate results, you'll freak out. Set aside a reasonable number of hours to study, make a schedule, and work your way through the books. Believe that the hours spent on focused study will pay off.

I budgeted 120 hours to study (well below what some do, but pretty substantial). I had a pretty detailed schedule worked out for 2.5 months. Sometimes I was up at 5am, studying before work. I work about 60-70 hours/week, so I basically put the social life on hold. In the end, I only studied about 80 hours, but that was just because I knew I didn't need to study anymore. That's the nice thing. You'll know when you're ready.
Last edited by jrs12 on Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, appind, Deardevil, galeatus, JoshLyman13, MSNbot Media, nerdylsat, nimbus cloud, YupSports and 14 guests