How I got a perfect score on the LSAT. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hv1

Bronze

Re: How I got a perfect score on the LSAT.

Post by hv1 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:12 pm

Yes

basicgrey7

Bronze

Post by basicgrey7 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:54 am

I talked to the girl at kaplan and told her that powerscore teachers are in the 99th percentile and asked her if kaplan held the same. She said no, we are too big of a company and there are not enough 99th percentile scores.

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:32 pm

basicgrey7 wrote:I talked to the girl at kaplan and told her that powerscore teachers are in the 99th percentile and asked her if kaplan held the same. She said no, we are too big of a company and there are not enough 99th percentile scores.
what is the minimum score needed to teach at kaplan? 165?

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:35 pm

allison34363 wrote:
basicgrey7 wrote:I talked to the girl at kaplan and told her that powerscore teachers are in the 99th percentile and asked her if kaplan held the same. She said no, we are too big of a company and there are not enough 99th percentile scores.
90th percentile for Kaplan

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:09 pm

Helmholtz wrote:
allison34363 wrote:
170?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:23 pm

allison34363 wrote:
Helmholtz wrote:
allison34363 wrote:
170?
According to the chart I got for the Dec08 test, it would be a 164.

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:20 pm

That seems like a very low threshold. Even I can get lucky and hit 164 every now and then but still not be really able to say I'm a "master" of the LSAT.

Sammey1253

New

Post by Sammey1253 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:37 pm

guessed correctly on 100 questions........missed 1 though, I was having an off day

Strugglin'

New

Post by Strugglin' » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:36 pm

I really enjoyed this thread! :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:24 pm

Course or tutor? Some people said course because Testmasters has a hotline which you can basically call whenever to get help, which is kind of like an on the spot tutor..

Scythron

New

Post by Scythron » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:58 pm

allison34363 wrote:
esperanzax wrote:I took a Kaplan course and it was the biggest waste of money EVER. I wish I could get it back..Grrr :evil:
tls is known for kaplan hating. I honestly don't see what is so bad about their course.
Their teaching methods are mediocre but their course books (Mastery, Pacing, Endurance) are nothing short of phenomenal.

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Scythron wrote:
allison34363 wrote:
esperanzax wrote:I took a Kaplan course and it was the biggest waste of money EVER. I wish I could get it back..Grrr :evil:
tls is known for kaplan hating. I honestly don't see what is so bad about their course.
Their teaching methods are mediocre but their course books (Mastery, Pacing, Endurance) are nothing short of phenomenal.
Isn't just Pacing a book of preptests... lol.... and Mastery a book of fake, fake questions?

Slimpee

Silver

Post by Slimpee » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:04 pm

allison34363 wrote:
Isn't just Pacing a book of preptests... lol.... and Mastery a book of fake, fake questions?
Pacing is individual sections from preptests. Master is ind. questions from preptests broken up by type and difficulty.

For the record, Endurance is full preptests, w/ an "experimental" section taken from another test.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Strugglin'

New

Post by Strugglin' » Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:19 pm

So....Kaplan does offer real questions? I get mixed responses on this..some say yes, others say no...

hmm :?

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:26 pm

Strugglin' wrote:So....Kaplan does offer real questions? I get mixed responses on this..some say yes, others say no...

It's because of a confusion of Kaplan's course and their retail books. Every aspect (books, lessons, etc...) of the course uses only real questions. Retail books use mostly fake questions from what I understand.

Strugglin'

New

Post by Strugglin' » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:19 pm

It's because of a confusion of Kaplan's course and their retail books. Every aspect (books, lessons, etc...) of the course uses only real questions. Retail books use mostly fake questions from what I understand.[/quote]

So, you are saying that Kaplan only has real questions from real LSAT's on their courses?

When Kaplan sells retail books, they only sell fake questions? I might seem like an airhead, but I dont get it...

Have you used the retail books or taken a course? jw

Thanks!

goodolgil

Silver

Post by goodolgil » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:16 pm

I think some of the newer retail books might have real questions in them. I'm not sure because I've never used them. But the majority of their retailbooks have questions produced by Kaplan.

I have taken their course. The course books they give you are all real questions and they're helpful. None of the books you see from Kaplan in the store would be books used in the course.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Strugglin'

New

Post by Strugglin' » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:25 pm

goodolgil wrote:I think some of the newer retail books might have real questions in them. I'm not sure because I've never used them. But the majority of their retailbooks have questions produced by Kaplan.

I have taken their course. The course books they give you are all real questions and they're helpful. None of the books you see from Kaplan in the store would be books used in the course.
Bummer, I was really hoping that they'd have questions on them. I am wanting to buy lsat pt's from 30 to most recent, but dont want to spend so much money...broke after all the material I've bought..oh well. :|

Thanks though! :mrgreen:

rookiefosho

New

Post by rookiefosho » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:39 am

any difference between the different editions of the walton book? The latest edition is titled Informal Logic: A Pragmatic Approach. Is this significantly different than the previous editions titled Informal Logic: A handbook for critical argumentation. The former was previously recommended in this thread...

Runningzoom

New

Post by Runningzoom » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:21 pm

bump.

calkel

New

Post by calkel » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:37 pm

rookiefosho wrote:any difference between the different editions of the walton book? The latest edition is titled Informal Logic: A Pragmatic Approach. Is this significantly different than the previous editions titled Informal Logic: A handbook for critical argumentation. The former was previously recommended in this thread...
i'd assume the newer edition is comprehensive

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

chewdak

Bronze

Post by chewdak » Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:47 pm

rookiefosho wrote:any difference between the different editions of the walton book? The latest edition is titled Informal Logic: A Pragmatic Approach. Is this significantly different than the previous editions titled Informal Logic: A handbook for critical argumentation. The former was previously recommended in this thread...
I have the first edition. The second is 20 years newer and 90 pages longer. They are both good. The contents are very similar.

allison34363

New

Post by allison34363 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:38 pm

goodolgil wrote:I think some of the newer retail books might have real questions in them. I'm not sure because I've never used them. But the majority of their retailbooks have questions produced by Kaplan.

Ever look at the generic LSAT books in Barnes & Noble? Absolutely horrible.

mickeymouse4509

New

Post by mickeymouse4509 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Strugglin' wrote:So....Kaplan does offer real questions? I get mixed responses on this..some say yes, others say no...

I think some of their course books are real and some are not. Except their retail books, I believe they are all not real questions?

I just remember going through a friend's book once in the Kaplan book that breaks the questions down into types of questions (like logic games ordering) and also by difficulty. I instantly knew they were fake as there was something just off about them and didn't "feel" like a real LSAC one.

justwhisper

New

Post by justwhisper » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:44 am

Scythron wrote:
allison34363 wrote:
LSAT prep needs to be pretty custom tailored to the person's strengths and weaknesses and this is why courses like these fail horribly.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”