Moving From Drilling to PTs

jb1

Moving From Drilling to PTs

Postby jb1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 pm

I took the June test, scoring a -3 and -4 on LR sections. I'm re-taking in October and figure that improving my LR scores is the best way for me to bump up from low 170's to mid/high 170's. As such, I've gone through the Manhattan LR book thoroughly and have been drilling the Cambridge LR packets for the past few weeks.

When I studied for the June test, I did very little drilling and relied mostly on full length PTs. So, for those of you who have drilled extensively and scored well on test day, what sort of drilling scores should I be looking at to reasonably expect high PT scores (173+)? Right now, I'm averaging -1 for difficulty 1 and 2 sections (25 per section) and -3 for difficulty 3 and 4 sections. Is that the range I need to be in to get -1/-2 per section on real LR sections?

Thanks for the input!

Otunga

Re: Moving From Drilling to PTs

Postby Otunga » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:43 pm

In order to reliably score -1/-2 per section, you need to avoid missing any L1 questions, for sure. Because sometimes you'll miss a couple pesky L4 questions, and then suddenly you're at -4 if you weren't careful with the easier questions.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”