Miami LSAT tutor needed! Any suggestions?

cbgj

Miami LSAT tutor needed! Any suggestions?

Postby cbgj » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:54 pm

It's that time of year when us law school hopefuls are looking for a really good tutor. I am preparing for the LSAT at UM, but I attend FIU. I heard about an excellent LSAT tutor on campus at UM; however, haven't received any specific information. After coming up empty handed at the FIU and UM law libraries for names of private tutors (apparently they only like to suggest taking the Kaplan course), I figured I would have way more success creating a thread. I am interested in 1 to 1 tutoring, and I also have friends who are interested in 1 to 1. We would like to have some small group sessions in addition to the 1 to 1 (if possible). We are currently taking a prep course, but the instructors is teaching for the first time in his life...well...he's struggling a bit. He's corrected about 8 to 10 times a session by other students who have taken courses before, and his "teaching" style is hard to follow if you don't have any background knowledge of the LSAT. Since we don't know what we're doing and the instructor is having some issues as well, we need to find a tutor in Miami, FL who will increase our survival for the October exam. If you know of someone or have heard of a really good tutor in the Miami area, please let me know how I can find them.

Thank you

Strictly face to face tutoring. Sorry no online or Skype tutor.

LSAT Hacks (Graeme)

Re: Miami LSAT tutor needed! Any suggestions?

Postby LSAT Hacks (Graeme) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:53 pm

Usually you can find tutors by campus posters, or on Craigslist locally. Expect anyone good to charge at least $75-$100 an hour. I just did a quick Miami Craiglist search, and found three plausible candidates among the results (amidst a lot of spam).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”