LSAT Metaphor

RobertGolddust

LSAT Metaphor

Postby RobertGolddust » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:05 am

Something to consider about the LSAT and perhaps all standardized tests. All you're really up against is a bell curve. If you can figure out how to answer more questions correctly than your competition then your looking at a high score.

I like to think about it like a race. Some out run others with minimal effort and finish first solely because they're naturally stronger and faster; some have had the luxury of access to high quality training; some sweat their way to the top; but most just clump together and at the end of the day they're proud of themselves just for finishing. Of course, in every race you have a few fat kids whom have no business being on the track in the first place. And unfortunately there's always a few juicers looking absolutely ridiculous.

Anyone want to agree/ disagree?

CardozoLaw09

Re: LSAT Metaphor

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:37 am

It's not a bad metaphor but there's some significant overlap here
RobertGolddust wrote: some have had the luxury of access to high quality training; some sweat their way to the top

Also, who are the juicers exactly?

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:47 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Also, who are the juicers exactly?

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/ho ... -lsat.html

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 am

CardozoLaw09 wrote:
Also, who are the juicers exactly?

I think he's referring to people that *coincidentally* manage to get diagnosed with ADD/ADHD to secure an adderall Rx or find some other source for the med while studying for the LSAT in time to have some for test day.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:55 am

Cardozo I think I see your point. It seems to me that you are assuming the runners with access to high quality education are the test takers who have the financial means to enroll In a prep class, and although this accounts for some of what I am getting at, it is merely the tip of the iceberg. The runners with the luxury of high quality training symbolize test takers from the top of the financial/social ladder; those privileged with top quality education their entire life (private schools, tutors, ect).

And the juicers are your fraternity bros taking adderall for every academic crunch they encounter. Just like steroids, Adderol might work if done correctly, but whether it works or not, one is bound to play the fool in someway or another.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”