Blueprint or Self-Study

jasonbound

Blueprint or Self-Study

Postby jasonbound » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:52 pm

Hi All,

I've been studying on and off for a while and will be taking the LSAT in October. I'm currently working full-time and don't feel as disciplined as I'd like to be. I'm pretty good with linear games, but grouping games is killing me. Still need to study for LR and RC as well.

I work 50 hours or so a week and am wondering how all of you are balancing out your workloads and if any of you who have taken Blueprint recommend it. $1299 is not very cheap......

Input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

mmbt123

Re: Blueprint or Self-Study

Postby mmbt123 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:00 pm

I took testmasters for my prep and found it not very helpful. I think it would have been more helpful had I prepared on my own then took testmasters to target my weak spots. Maybe you could self study for 2 weeks or so then start using an online course. I've heard of velocity and 7sage are good. Or use a tutor which I did (my work paid for one).

Use noodleyone's guide for LGs. I keep hearing about it on the forum.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 am

crestor

Postby crestor » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:20 pm

OP have you taken a diag yet? If under 155, I highly recommend BP. I took both BP and TM and BP was worth the money and more. TM was not worth th money. You also have to remember OP that just because you take a course does not preclude you from also self studying. The course drills in the basics and some. After course if score isn't improved to the level you are satisfied with, self-study and profit.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:07 pm

crestor wrote:You also have to remember OP that just because you take a course does not preclude you from also self studying. The course drills in the basics and some.

Good advice, not just for after a course but for during. A course can offer structure, materials, and someone to answer questions. You have to put in the effort during it to get through all the homework and studying.

jasonbound

Postby jasonbound » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:15 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-LSAT-Trainer-remarkable-self-driven/dp/0989081508

Thanks! I checked out his site and placed an order.

jasonbound

Postby jasonbound » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:20 pm

crestor wrote:OP have you taken a diag yet? If under 155, I highly recommend BP. I took both BP and TM and BP was worth the money and more. TM was not worth th money. You also have to remember OP that just because you take a course does not preclude you from also self studying. The course drills in the basics and some. After course if score isn't improved to the level you are satisfied with, self-study and profit.

Thanks for the feedback. I signed up for the BP course and I believe that it will help in that despite the uncertainties of my work schedule, these class blocks will allow me to leave work early in order to get to the class on time. Studying outside of class is a given. I never understood how people could expect to take a class and make a 10+ point jump by just going to class and not doing anything else. My weekends and late evenings will be filled with studying and drilling since I'd like to have a shot at Berkeley, though I know that they love high GPAs =(

jasonbound

Postby jasonbound » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:23 pm

crestor wrote:OP have you taken a diag yet? If under 155, I highly recommend BP. I took both BP and TM and BP was worth the money and more. TM was not worth th money. You also have to remember OP that just because you take a course does not preclude you from also self studying. The course drills in the basics and some. After course if score isn't improved to the level you are satisfied with, self-study and profit.

I missed your question. I have not taken an official diagnostic due to the author of the LSAT Blog not being a big fan of it.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:http://www.amazon.com/The-LSAT-Trainer-remarkable-self-driven/dp/0989081508

feels like ur making commission on this thing lmao

Aequitas_

Postby Aequitas_ » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:41 pm

Blueprint.

We'reAllGonnaMakeIt

Postby We'reAllGonnaMakeIt » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:50 pm

I see by BP you mean Brian Peppers.

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:49 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:

feels like ur making commission on this thing lmao

I've been through all manhattan and powerscore series as well as the LSAT trainer.
All of them are great. But I must say that if I were to start my LSAT studies again, I would most definitely start it with the LSAT trainer.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”