Help with PT 58 Section 1 Question #22 (Assumption Question)

cantthinkofgoodname

Help with PT 58 Section 1 Question #22 (Assumption Question)

Postby cantthinkofgoodname » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey all,

So as the title very clearly states I need help with PT 58 Section 1 #22.

I selected answer choice (A) with what I thought should be pretty good confidence, but obviously I'm wrong. So I'm looking for some help as to why the answer is (C).

Thanks

bilbaosan

Re: Help with PT 58 Section 1 Question #22 (Assumption Question)

Postby bilbaosan » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:45 pm

cantthinkofgoodname wrote:So as the title very clearly states I need help with PT 58 Section 1 #22.
I selected answer choice (A) with what I thought should be pretty good confidence, but obviously I'm wrong. So I'm looking for some help as to why the answer is (C).

Look at the premises. What we have there: both premises talk about "value in the advice", but the conclusion talks about "deference". Note that deference is not the same as value of the advice - so there is a missing link which should connect "deference of younger members" to "value of the advice of older members". Both terms should be present in the right answer, and this crosses out anything but C.

As a side note, I found this question extremely easy because I did not know what "deference" means.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”