Cambridge "Most Difficult" Packets

Trig

Cambridge "Most Difficult" Packets

Postby Trig » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:38 am

Has anyone used these packets offered by Cambridge for LG, LR, or RC? Does anyone recommend them?

Also what are some other really good sources for getting LG, LR, and RC problems to work on besides the Kaplan Mastery Book?

Thanks!

superbloom

Re: Cambridge "Most Difficult" Packets

Postby superbloom » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:59 am

I used the LR packet to study for my retake and shaved off 5 or so wrong answers. Don't hate yourself for getting lots wrong in the beginning. Also, I had a problem that I remembered a good number of questions from doing PTs.
Last edited by superbloom on Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

superbloom

Postby superbloom » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:01 am

EDIT: Double post.

Otunga

Postby Otunga » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:12 am

I don't know how useful they are. Depending on how good you are with LR, it could deflate your confidence. Certain L4 questions are very tough. I mean, I got 100% on L3 nec. assumption questions while hitting about 80% on L4. There are a lot of subtle nuances and I don't think one should worry about mastering L4 questions right off the bat. If LSATQA is any indication, they only pop up about twice per section, if that.

Kimikho

Postby Kimikho » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:49 pm

Last edited by Kimikho on Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

rftdd888

Postby rftdd888 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:18 am

feel like I should contribute since I personally spent a lot of time trying to search for this an answer regarding the usefulness of the packets.

I got them after reading another user who got a 175+ score recommend them. He took them around and did them on the train, whenever he had a free moment at work, or at lunch. He recommended it, so I gave it a shot. So far I'm only about ~80 questions into the 400 or so they give you. The questions are really challenging. Don't feel bad if you get a few bad in a row every now and then, they're really tough Qs. I like them primarily because after doing 10 of the level 4 questions in this packet a normal LR section seems easier, if not "cake" in comparison. A normal LR section has plenty of gemme LR questions that make you feel like you're moving through the test; simply working through five of the LV4 Q's in a row will drain your mind a little bit and really challenge your guts.

I can't say one way or the other if they're helping or not. My LR has improved significantly, but that has been the case since I began studying and I started with the difficult questions, too. Generally I think they do help, because they make you discipline your skills and focus - harder conditions than the real test.

HTH man

Motivator9

Postby Motivator9 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:36 am

I plan on getting them after I finish the Manhattan LR. People here rave about Cambridge packets.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:39 am

I'm not sure if these packets are ranked differently than other Cambridge packets, but I certainly hope so. I had the LG by type by difficulty book, and they seemed to be in no order whatsoever. They had Old Jazz New Jazz as one of the easier binary games, and like birds in a forest ranked harder. They made no sense lol.

DivineJustice

Postby DivineJustice » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 am

Are these helpful to get even though I'm drilling through Cambridge's LR by type and difficulty volume 1?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”