LSAT Scores Dropping on PTs

Pure Protein

LSAT Scores Dropping on PTs

Postby Pure Protein » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:12 pm

Last edited by Pure Protein on Mon May 11, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vuthy

Re: LSAT Scores Dropping on PTs

Postby vuthy » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:45 pm

I had the exact same experience recently. I think the right approach is to take it as something between fluke and big deal. In other words, don't dismiss it, since the result is telling you, if nothing else, that you have not established an indestructible floor at 165 (or whatever). But also, don't over-read it, since you have a lot of data supporting the idea that you are stronger than that lower score. I used my bad score as an excuse to re-evaluate my study approach, but not to blow it up completely. Took a few days off from PTs, and really worked on LR. Can't say if it will work for you or not, but try not to find that right balance in there.

Pure Protein

Postby Pure Protein » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:05 pm

Last edited by Pure Protein on Mon May 11, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pancakes12

Postby Pancakes12 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:24 pm

You're taking the right approach--you need to take as many PTs as possible. But in doing so you need to provide enough time so that you don't get burnt out. Drops in scores this large are common during burn-out, and I suggest taking a few days off and then returning to study.

Also, the most important thing is not only taking each PT, but reviewing each one thorougly. This is where you will make your biggest gains. Taking PT without reviewing will not help much at all.

I started to experienced these kinds of falls in my scores when I was studying too, both from burn-out and from not reviewing. Take care of these issues, study diligently, and you should be ok.

Kronk

Postby Kronk » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:28 pm

If it makes you feel better, I studied for awhile and was PTing 172-180. The day before the LSAT on the last PT I took I got a 167. Scored 174 on the real thing.

I didn't think much of it, because I'd take 30 others in my target range. You know you can do it, so just make sure you're fresh on test day. You didn't lose knowledge of how logic works overnight.

Pure Protein

Postby Pure Protein » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:40 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”