Extra Space on LG Sections - a Nuisance?

AAJD2B

Extra Space on LG Sections - a Nuisance?

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:23 am

While it is appreciated LSAC listened to the complaints of test-takers by providing more room for writing on game sections, I wanted to inquire on how others utilize the space without having to flip back and forth to refer to your initial setup and answer questions.

I am in the habit of writing my diagram and deductions on the first page, however I have to flip the page to answer the 4 or 5 remaining questions of a game which costs me time. How are others approaching this? Do you just transfer your setup to the second page?

NoodleyOne

Re: Extra Space on LG Sections - a Nuisance?

Postby NoodleyOne » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Why would you have to flip? It's all on the pages facing you.

People complaining about this (you should have been around for June 2012, when it was first introduced... sheesh) are being more than a little ridiculous. It's a good thing.

jn7

Postby jn7 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:08 pm

I believe my exam was the first version to ever introduce the extra space. After about 3 seconds of realizing my booklet wasn't misprinted, I went ahead with the section as usual. IMO: I wouldn't spend too much time transferring any diagrams. It really seemed like a negligible difference. You can probably figure out a way to print off a few games to mimic the layout if you're really concerned?

AAJD2B

Postby AAJD2B » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:42 pm

Thanks for your responses. I haven't sat any of the most recent tests but is the format such where both pages of a game are laid out in front of you for each recent administration?

I have been doing timed sections of games through printing on my own, which requires me to flip. If the booklet on test day is such where flipping is not required then my concern is unwarranted. :mrgreen:

Sourrudedude

Postby Sourrudedude » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:59 pm

AAJD2B wrote:Thanks for your responses. I haven't sat any of the most recent tests but is the format such where both pages of a game are laid out in front of you for each recent administration?

I have been doing timed sections of games through printing on my own, which requires me to flip. If the booklet on test day is such where flipping is not required then my concern is unwarranted. :mrgreen:

You don't have to flip. If you print out the cambridge ones, check out their stapling instructions.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:06 pm

Draw your diagram on the RIGHT page. This way you don't have to keep looking back to the left once you answer the acceptability question. The questions that you actually need your diagram for will all be on the same page as your diagram this way.

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Draw your diagram on the RIGHT page. This way you don't have to keep looking back to the left once you answer the acceptability question. The questions that you actually need your diagram for will all be on the same page as your diagram this way.

ha!... now that is very interesting! thankyou~

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”