. Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:41 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kiyoku

Bronze

Re: Check out this Lsat 4 month prep plan. Shall i adopt it?

Post by kiyoku » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:30 pm

you might benefit from putting some more thought into the idea that a precise schedule might not help you as much as it might help someone else. Of course, I imagine you might have already thought about this before..

It's just that I started off thinking that I would want a precise schedule. Then the more I thought about it, the more I realized that I would know what to do as I went along.

So instead of adopting a precise schedule, I just went for general rules: E.G.

1) Don't PT the next one unless you've addressed and solved weaknesses on the one you just took.
2) Don't take PTs until you at least have an idea of how to go about attacking the questions.
3) Consider drilling and learning to become more fluent with the questions before doing the majority of the PT's. This would mean that you have some tainted PT's (since you used them on drills), so save up the majority of the later ones for later.
4) Go through your guides (E.G. MLSAT) before doing drills.
5) Most importantly, before you sit down for a study session remember: You need to be certain that you learned something that you think you can use on test day. You need to be certain that you learned it perfectly, before you stand up. You don't need to always do hundreds of questions. You probably don't want to do that. If your logic had a flaw, then just review it until the back-end of the logic actually makes "sense" to your mind. (basically fix wrong thoughts and master the logic and your ability to perform one step at a time).

Something like that.

What does doing a PT, Drill, Guide-books do for me?
What does reviewing the PT, Drill, Guide-books do for me?
How can I mix these up to maximize my learning?

and all of a sudden, the specific study plans never really seemed too appealing to me anymore. But that's just me I guess.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”