Questions about drilling

melmoththewanderer

Questions about drilling

Postby melmoththewanderer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:08 am

Want to ask what is the consensus here on drilling materials? Is it enough to have 1-38 (LG, LR and RC) and then do Preptests from 39 on or do you recommend drilling for 41-60 (on LG, LR and RC)?

Otunga

Re: Questions about drilling

Postby Otunga » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:40 am

Something I'm considering:

Doing all the 60s PTs over the next few weeks or so, then retaking a couple a week before the test, and maybe drilling some of the sections individually on the ones I don't retake.

But in any case, drilling 1-38 is advisable. Depending on how much time you have, drill some of the tests between 39-50 too, if you feel you need to drill some more before you're ready to dive into full-length tests. I'd say PTing tests 52-69 are a must.

Darmody

Postby Darmody » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:37 pm

How do you drill PT 1-38? I know drilling is meant to work on the same game type and LR question repeatedly, but the tests aren't separated into them. Is there some guide online that tells you how?

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 pm

Darmody wrote:How do you drill PT 1-38? I know drilling is meant to work on the same game type and LR question repeatedly, but the tests aren't separated into them. Is there some guide online that tells you how?

cambridge lsat

Darmody

Postby Darmody » Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:35 am

kiyoku wrote:
Darmody wrote:How do you drill PT 1-38? I know drilling is meant to work on the same game type and LR question repeatedly, but the tests aren't separated into them. Is there some guide online that tells you how?

cambridge lsat

what if i have the full tests? is there a list online that shows the separation of questions by types so i can separate them on my own?

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:23 am

I remember seeing a couple posts organizing LG by type. Also, I believe Powerscore (or was it MLSAT) had it.

I do think it's worth buying the reorganized version from cambridgelsat. I have the PT's as well, but I still get the reordered ones. In my own situation, compared to the scholarship money and the future outlook of having better options for going into a good law school, the money usually just don't mean to much to me.

nmillette

Postby nmillette » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:39 am

kiyoku wrote:

cambridge lsat

LSAT blog has a listing that I use, they have PT by question type. I copied this and pasted it into an excel worksheet to help me keep track of the questions that I complete.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2009/07/lo ... types.html

However, they do not have PT 1-18, so you would have to find that elsewhere.

vracovino

Postby vracovino » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Darmody wrote:
kiyoku wrote:

cambridge lsat

what if i have the full tests? is there a list online that shows the separation of questions by types so i can separate them on my own?

Logic Games Grouped by Type:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=50657

I'm not sure if there is one for Logical Reasoning. It would be quite a task to go about separating them, I would think.

Cambridge LSAT

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:26 pm

Darmody wrote:
kiyoku wrote:

cambridge lsat

You can filter by type on our LSAT PrepTest classifications page and manually group them.

Nicolena.

Postby Nicolena. » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:21 pm

You can also use study guides on the LSAT trainer website or manhattan's study guide. It breaks it down a little more than just drilling by section or from easy to difficult.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 pm

I built a free LR question type finder utility. It covers LSAT tests 19 through 45.
Just select the test number and the LR question type in the drop down select boxes, press go and out pops a list of the question numbers from the selected test for the selected type.

http://www.lsatdiscussion2.com/logicalreasoning.php

koval

Postby koval » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 am

Otunga wrote:Something I'm considering:

Doing all the 60s PTs over the next few weeks or so, then retaking a couple a week before the test, and maybe drilling some of the sections individually on the ones I don't retake.

But in any case, drilling 1-38 is advisable. Depending on how much time you have, drill some of the tests between 39-50 too, if you feel you need to drill some more before you're ready to dive into full-length tests. I'd say PTing tests 52-69 are a must.

Agreed, I wouldn't drill anything past 50 until after you've taken them as PTs, then you can pick out LG or RC passages that caught you up and drill them after some time has passed between taking the PT and when you drill them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”