A logical reasoning question

whitespideralex

A logical reasoning question

Postby whitespideralex » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:17 pm

I just started reading the powerscore logical reasoning bible and one question i met today was that in a case study of must be true questions, the book suggests that the word "usually" can be considered equivalent to "most (cases)" in terms of frequency/possibility.

i am a bit hesitant to apply this "=" to all cases, but since English is not my first language i am not sure either.

i'd appreciate if anyone could please advise.

Thanks a lot!

elterrible78

Re: A logical reasoning question

Postby elterrible78 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:27 pm

whitespideralex wrote:I just started reading the powerscore logical reasoning bible and one question i met today was that in a case study of must be true questions, the book suggests that the word "usually" can be considered equivalent to "most (cases)" in terms of frequency/possibility.

i am a bit hesitant to apply this "=" to all cases, but since English is not my first language i am not sure either.

Thanks a lot!

Usually is the functional equivalent of most, so go ahead and apply this. Good luck!

whitespideralex

Re: A logical reasoning question

Postby whitespideralex » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:58 am

elterrible78 wrote:
whitespideralex wrote:I just started reading the powerscore logical reasoning bible and one question i met today was that in a case study of must be true questions, the book suggests that the word "usually" can be considered equivalent to "most (cases)" in terms of frequency/possibility.

Thanks a lot!

Usually is the functional equivalent of most, so go ahead and apply this. Good luck!

Thanks a lot!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”