To retake or not to retake...

tigress12

To retake or not to retake...

Postby tigress12 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:21 am

deleted.
Last edited by tigress12 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

heythatslife

Re: To retake or not to retake...

Postby heythatslife » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:42 am

Well, this is probably the answer you were expecting, but RETAKE.

You stand to lose very little and gain lots. I know people whose score went down on the second take but came out on top with their third. Identify your weakness, prep right, and 168 is very much improvable.

Have you gone through Manhattan RC? This book helped me iron out some inconsistencies in my RC strategy, so if you haven't looked at it already, I suggest you give it a try.

tigress12

Postby tigress12 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:48 am

deleted.
Last edited by tigress12 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

heythatslife

Postby heythatslife » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:58 am

tigress12 wrote:I think a big part of my problem both times was just being really nervous on test day. I had always been a good test taker, never got nervous for the SAT or any other standardized tests, so I think that's part of the reason I'm nervous about retaking- doing all the prep work and then letting my nerves get me again.

I did look at the Manhattan RC guide before I took the February test and I remember feeling like it helped me a lot. I guess if I do retake and spend the next months really going over RC then I'll have more confidence going into round 3. I'm a bit worried about having used a lot of the practice materials already though...

I do think familiarity helps with confidence. I was jittery as hell on my first sitting; couldn't even fall asleep until 3AM the night before the test. But the thought that I had already been through this once, and that I had my first score to fall back on if I really screwed up this time round, made me feel much more comfortable the second time.

Don't worry if you've used up all the material. Re-use the PTs, but with the aim of hitting 180 every time. Actually, in many cases the mechanism of a question that I couldn't understand the first time became clearer by doing them two or three times. NoodleyOne's guide is very helpful on how to prep for retakes: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=195603

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”