Am I approaching Logic Games correctly ?

flash21

Am I approaching Logic Games correctly ?

Postby flash21 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:27 pm

Here is how I've been studying them in a nutshell:

1.) Read LGB / MLG section on that game type
2.) Try games from package
3.) Watch, after I've completed a game, the corresponding 7sage video. Then repeat the game until I feel like I "own" it (reference from 7sage fool proof method).

Am I missing something? LG is still my weakest section and I've been drilling it for a while now. Its pretty frustrating.

The LSAT Trainer

Re: Am I approaching Logic Games correctly ?

Postby The LSAT Trainer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:20 pm

one small thing i would suggest is that you work on figuring out, for yourself, the best/ideal way/ways to solve a game and its questions before looking up any solutions.

so, you play a game as you would in real time.

then you review the game, think about the best way to diagram it, what the right answers actually are, what the best moves would have been, etc., and try playing the game using the systems you think are ideal --

then check solutions and see what others say (and you may want to go to multiple venues -- i suggest mlsat, obviously, but also graeme's work and the lsat blog) -- i think you'll get more out of your prep this way --

hth.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:43 pm

thank you!

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:56 am

The LSAT Trainer wrote:then you review the game, think about the best way to diagram it, what the right answers actually are, what the best moves would have been, etc., and try playing the game using the systems you think are ideal --

then check solutions and see what others say (and you may want to go to multiple venues -- i suggest mlsat, obviously, but also graeme's work and the lsat blog) -- i think you'll get more out of your prep this way --

Great advice. You won't learn how to do these as efficiently as possible if you have someone else spoon-feed you the process. You need to spend some time trying to get through it as efficiently as possible, THEN you check an answer guide to see what an actual efficient method looks like.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”