thanks for recommending manhattan RC!!!!!

bogydog

thanks for recommending manhattan RC!!!!!

Postby bogydog » Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:33 pm

I was on here a few months back looking for advice about test prep materials and quite a few people recommended manhattan RC. I just want to say thanks-it is awesome!! On my diagnostic test and the test I took in Feb with minimal studying I got about 8-10 wrong on the reading section. I decided to quit my job (also following the advice from some TLSers) and just went through the RC book and took the section at the end and got only -1. wahoo!! and it even was the one I thought was the hardest and spent the most time on, which I would think is a good sign.

I used to dread the RC section and even considered studying only for the other 2 sections, but now I'm glad I didn't! Do you think they put the easiest sample RC in the back of their book just to make them look good, or did I really learn that much from such a skinny little book???

lsatyolo

Re: thanks for recommending manhattan RC!!!!!

Postby lsatyolo » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Looking forward to reading this thing as my RC has been all over the place.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:23 pm

How much does Manhattan RC? Can I buy it on I-books?

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:24 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:How much does Manhattan RC? Can I buy it on I-books?

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:32 pm

http://www.manhattanlsat.com/storeitems ... 12&catid=1

They used to have an electronic only version on there for 20 bucks but I can't see it anymore.

sighsigh

Postby sighsigh » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 pm

There is a general consensus that there is a big difference in the difficulty of early vs later RC sections. I'm not sure exactly when the change in difficulty comes, but I'd say it's somewhere between the early 30s and below (easy), and the late 30s and up (far harder). It's not uncommon to cold score 0-2 on these earlier sections and go wayyyyy worse on the later sections. At least, that was my experience.

Make sure you note which PTs the RC sections you are doing come from before you rate the Manhatten RC book. I hope you find good news.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”