method of argument vs. method of statement (CambridgeLSAT Q)

melmoththewanderer

method of argument vs. method of statement (CambridgeLSAT Q)

Postby melmoththewanderer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:02 pm

I see that Cambridge LSAT distinguishes between "method of argument" and "method of statement," whereas Powerscore just has a Method category. I am curious as to the basis of this catagorization and what the differences are between the two types. For example, how is the task in a method-argument different from a method-statement? And what qualifies as a method argument and not a method of statement or vice versa?

Cambridge LSAT

Re: method of argument vs. method of statement (CambridgeLSAT Q)

Postby Cambridge LSAT » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Method (Argument) questions ask you to characterize the argument as a whole, while Method (Statement) questions ask you about the role a specific piece plays in the argument. Have a look at our LSAT question types page for more information. Our Method (LinkRemoved) packet includes both question types.

melmoththewanderer

Re: method of argument vs. method of statement (CambridgeLSAT Q)

Postby melmoththewanderer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Wow, thank you for your quick reply! I am interested because I have never noticed this distinction and thought it was cool of you guys to obviate it.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”