kimkardashian

Postby kimkardashian » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:15 pm

Last edited by kimkardashian on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Adam Banks

Re: Retook same test, got diff. ?s wrong - what does it mean?

Postby Adam Banks » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:18 pm

kimkardashian wrote:Hey everyone! I took the June LSAT and got a 163, and decided to retake it in October. I haven't studied at all since taking the June LSAT until yesterday, when I retook the same LSAT at home and got a 165. I got 21 wrong when I took it in June and 18 wrong when I took it yesterday, but I only got two of the same questions wrong. This confuses me because I figured I would get the mostly the same questions wrong when I retook it at home. Any thoughts on what this means and how I should study from now on? Does this mean that nerves are my main problem? Any advice would help. Thank you.

It means you guessed

The LSAT Trainer

Postby The LSAT Trainer » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:27 pm

That's a really extreme situation -- an overlap of only 2! --

On a practical level, one thing it certainly means is that you haven't worked enough to develop consistent habits -- you don't have set ways in which you are solving questions.

Make sure you have a clear understanding of how to approach the different challenges that the test presents, and make sure you are working toward turning effective approaches into consistent habits.

HTH -- MK

kimkardashian

Postby kimkardashian » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:59 pm

Last edited by kimkardashian on Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

kimkardashian

Postby kimkardashian » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:00 pm

Last edited by kimkardashian on Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:00 pm

Like LSAT Trainer said, it means that you don't actually understand the questions and your process isn't solid yet.

There are tons of questions where one may have trouble on but get it right anyways. For prep purposes, those should be considered wrong. On the real thing it doesn't matter how you get the right answer, but during prep you should be working to deal with every difficulty you have. That's why it's important that you also review questions that you had the slightest bit of concern on, even if you got it right.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”