What to do what to do what to do Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Helpmeplease

New

What to do what to do what to do

Post by Helpmeplease » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:10 pm

Just got my LSAT score back (took it in Asia so longer score report time). I got a 165. The night before the test, I couldn't fall asleep until 3 which I think screwed me over (it was a 9AM test time in Asia).

I have a 3.6 (maybe a 3.62 when you get down to it). I had been practice testing in the 171-173 range with my top score being a 175 and my lowest being a 162. What should I do? Retake the test in October? I want to apply for this cycle? I'm worried I can't put together a good app and study for the test at the same time. Does anyone else feel this way? Going about getting recommendations and writing my personal statement I feel like is going to take the life out of me, do I take it in October and wait out one more year? FML

alexrodriguez

Silver

Re: What to do what to do what to do

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:45 pm

Retake

kiyoku

Bronze

Post by kiyoku » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:06 am

I would retake.

Of course, if you read your own post again, you'll realize that (chances are) you already agree with me =)

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:07 am

louierodriguez wrote:Retake

Helpmeplease

New

Post by Helpmeplease » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:09 am

Thanks for the advice guys, but putting off law school for another year or trying to handle the app and test study at the same time?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:16 am

You could have the perfect application, but you're still resting your fate on a 165.

You could also have the perfect application, but rest your fate on a 170+

Do you see my logic here?

RoaringMice

Bronze

Post by RoaringMice » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:51 am

I'd suggest you retake, and that you start both your applications and your LSAT prep immediately - now - so you can spread it out over the time you have left before October, and feel less overwhelmed. For example, you could contact your references today - immediately - and get those started. You could begin work on your personal statement today. If you're already out of school, you can order your transcripts today (if you are not, you can order them as soon as your final grades are in.) Today is as good a day as any to begin working on these things.

If you spread the work over time like this, you'll be able to manage things. Just like for LSAT prep, set a timeline and stick to it. And start everything way early, so you're less overwhelmed in October.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:20 am

You realize, based on every thread like this on TLS, that everyone is going to tell you to retake, right?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”